View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Backseat moderating 
happy carebear mom

Post Backseat moderating
Just thought I'd remind everyone of the actual state of things in reference to moderation. Couple of people have said "Oh man you'll so be banned for that" or "You can't ban me, I haven't broken any rules" recently, both of which are inaccurate statements.

1. You do not speak for the moderators. We speak for ourselves. All else is either rumor or hearsay.
2. You do not have rights here. If the moderation staff decides you no longer have a place here, you do not have a place here. Similarly, if they think you've done something wrong, you have done something wrong.
3. The only thing you can do as far as moderation is ask for a moderator's attention on a particular post or person. This is called a report, and that's what the button is for.
4. There is a quite exhaustive appeal process in place. If you feel something has gone wrong in the moderation process, use it. See this post, the section on Appeals. It will be changed soon as Weasel is retiring, but the basic details remain the same.

Oh, and if I see anyone going "Ha, told you n00b, the moderators are on my side" I might have to warn you for being stupid. We're on our own side, which occasionally intervenes on one side or another of an argument.

We are here to keep order and a friendly status quo, so keep it friendly and orderly and we will not have a problem with you.

Thank you for reading, and have a nice day.

Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:36 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Backseat moderating
May I please point out, in the roadkill thread I only spoke of reporting as it was the only thing I could do. I had no idea what your highnesses were going to do about it, because I can't vouch for your actions, as you correctly stated.

Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:41 pm
happy carebear mom

Post Re: Backseat moderating
Roast Veg wrote:
May I please point out

Not pointing any fingers with this thread, just internalize what's stated for the future.

Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]