View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Jesu Christo 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Jesu Christo
You're telling me that this is all set up on a botch-job? Wow, I thought it was more professional than that.

My point really is that it's still saying "orange" in the UCP, because that's what it's based on. It's also the reason everything is all orange underneath, and why text is orange. I, personally, would save a local copy of WizardJames' files, install the new theme, and replace.

TLB seemed to suggest that that wasn't yet possible, when we had the discussion about B24 tags.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:50 pm
happy carebear mom

Veg, I'm finding it extremely hard to be patient with you right now.

I'm failing to see "orange" mentioned anywhere in the UCP's theme selection dropdown box, as there is only one entry "AcidTech Tiger". That is the name of the theme!

I also fail to see what is so unprofessional about changing the color of a theme by, well, changing the colors of the theme.

What you suggest is not possible because the theme that WJ made was for an older version of phpBB, so if you tried to install that it would cause problems (like polls not working, for instance). The only way to "convert" the old DRL theme to the new phpBB is to do exactly what Data did, and that's to copy the images over. Apparently he forgot to change the div tag to make the background of certain things red, but that's a minor dispute, not worth a page or so of arguing back and forth.

The not-white text on DRL has always been orange.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:55 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Tiger means orange.

That's all I'm basing my opinion on.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:59 pm
happy carebear mom

AcidTech Tiger is a different theme than AcidTech, so yes, while the default color is orange, that's only a color. The theme name is still AcidTech Tiger no matter what color it is.
Do check out the creator's gallery and see that they're both there.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:05 pm
Loose Canon

I'll just leave these here.

EDIT: Duhninja.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:05 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I know AcidTech can be red, but my point that the theme needs re-installing to correct the misnomer and funny undercolours still stands.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:10 pm
Loose Canon

Um, I never saw you make that point in the first place. What position are you even defending?

Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:11 pm
Profile WWW
happy carebear mom

There is no misnomer. The theme is AcidTech Tiger, and it happens to be red. The only reason to rename it would be to differentiate it from other colors if we had them installed.

The "funny undercolor" is easily fixed with a bit of tag editing, which can be done straight from the ACP if any of the admins can be bothered. It's honestly not that big of a deal.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:14 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

The theme doesn't need to be re-installed to fix anything. The theme for DRL has always been a modified version of Acidtech Tiger, and it still is. The reason for the orange colouring on parts of the website is most likely because parts of the CSS style were missed when putting the old theme back in place.
The reason we can't just uninstall this theme and reinstall the old theme is that the old theme is just that - old - and if it were to be entirely reinstalled, we'd have broken badges, broken polls and possibly security holes in the forum software. The theme was made for an outdated version of the PHPBB software, so it doesn't include all of the features that we want.
I'm not sure who set up the current theme, but I guarantee you that their way of doing so was to replace the images in Acidtech Orange and replace them with the images from the old theme. It's more than likely that the CSS file hasn't been updated, because all the parts of the page that would use CSS are still in their orange-styled colours. It's a pretty minor thing, and until somebody aside from Data and weasel have server access, it's not going to be changing.

tl;dr
There is no magic "reinstall" button that's going to fix the orange borders. They might be here for a while. Get used to them.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:28 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3