View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 PS2 Dual Shock Tutorial 

Post PS2 Dual Shock Tutorial
I have my PS2 Dual Shock controller with a multi purpose connector (ps2 input to PC/XBOX output) so there's no driver included because it was meant for other systems. Anyway, I plug it in to my Vista comp and it automatically classifies it as UNKNOWN DEVICE. I tried searching for drivers but I can't find any. Any driver downloads and tutorial for how to do this?

Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:42 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: PS2 Dual Shock Tutorial
It seems like you're overcomplicating things just a tad. I have a PS2 controller, but instead of wiring it through an Xbox port I just use a converter to transfer it to USB. It's recognised as a regular gamepad by my OS, so I never have to fiddle with drivers at all.

I'd hate to tell you to buy new hardware instead of working with what you've got, but you might well find it easier if you do, and not many people will be able to help you since it's an uncommon setup.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:59 pm

Roast Veg wrote:
It seems like you're overcomplicating things just a tad. I have a PS2 controller, but instead of wiring it through an Xbox port I just use a converter to transfer it to USB. It's recognised as a regular gamepad by my OS, so I never have to fiddle with drivers at all.

I'd hate to tell you to buy new hardware instead of working with what you've got, but you might well find it easier if you do, and not many people will be able to help you since it's an uncommon setup.

He means a 360 port AKA USB. So he's basically
Quote:
use a converter to transfer it to USB

Wed May 09, 2012 7:18 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Oh ok. Let me completely rephrase myself from a tiny topic three months ago then.

In a surprisingly similar setup I have, the drivers are autodetected by windows as a standard usb game controller, and work automatically with the game. The cause of this issue is either the hardware or the drivers that are there are corrupted. Nobody here is likely (evident by the huge wait time) to have replacement ones lying around.

Wed May 09, 2012 7:40 pm

Mar and May look similar okay sue me

I'm used to forums with activity that is slightly faster than what could be called "tectonic"

Thu May 10, 2012 9:33 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Well you successfully managed to educate me on xbox hardware.

Thu May 10, 2012 11:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]