View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 can we agree this was a disaster 

Post can we agree this was a disaster
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=45257

I know nobody (including me) wants to talk about this, but I've seen this kind of thing enough times that I feel like we should be able to come to some kind of agreement to like, ignore people who make bad (awful) posts or something instead of running them off the forum.....? Am I off the mark? I just feel like we should be able to grow as a community in this respect, which means less scorched earth and more i-dunno-what but certainly this kind of thing is doing us no favors. (....? :???: )

I don't know maybe all the end of the world topics in the main board which have been being posted for ten years or whatever have made me look at this the wrong way.

Also I never got into MIT, so.......

edit:

Quote:
So, with that I shall remove this download and follow the path of previous users who have been tormented by the general homosexuality of the forum posters. Much like the community found in taleworlds.com forums.

....... but I did get into forums.taleworlds.com . :wink:

Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:58 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: can we agree this was a disaster
Unfortunately, he dug himself into that hole. Within less than 6 hours of having posted the topic, he declared the entire forum was "homosexual" and left. There was really no time for the mod team to react, much less to try and put out any of the fires he started.

I don't think running people off the forum is good, but this time, the responses to that thread were all pretty much just constructive criticism. It may not have been phrased perfectly, but if you release a mod, you have to expect people are going to criticize you. If his response to that is to immediately pack up, call everyone gay, and leave, then so be it.

That said, I agree that it's usually best for users to just ignore people who post poorly. If something is truly awful, just report it and let the mod team deal with it. Still, the problem ultimately comes down to the person making those posts. In a forum, the entire point is to contribute to the community through posts. If you aren't able to do that well, there's only so much we can do to make you feel welcome.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:08 pm
Profile WWW

Helllooo, is that some drama outside of the lounge?

Mon May 13, 2013 4:20 am
Profile WWW

Its surprising that he just took the fix out of the Thread and made a Post, and thought he would be praised.
But its funny to see People ragequit. But sometimes, if some People ragequit it isnt funny. That Action, though, lead me to my only reaction: U mad bro?

Tue May 14, 2013 3:05 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]