View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Starbound Factions v0.4 / v0.5 for CCCP 

Starbound Factions v0.4 / v0.5 for CCCP
This mod adds Florans, Avians and Novakids from the Starbound game.

Florans:
They are a bit weak in terms of equipment but they are very resistant to gibbing and fall damage. Florans are usually no match for most factions unless they get their hands on foreign equipment.

Avians:
They are a bit weak in terms of equipment but they are very resistant to gibbing and fall damage. Avians are usually no match for most factions either unless they use their expensive energy weapons and mercs.

Novakids:
The units are really weak but also fast and skilled. Unlike Florans and Avians they use actual firearms. They are easy to kill but they are cheap, and their skill and speed can overwhelm a rival faction.

DOWNLOAD LINK:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x00edq316s0cj ... 4.rar?dl=0

IMPORTANT: This mod has been ported to the Cortex Command Community Project. Any new updates will be for the continuation project.

DOWNLOAD LINK for the CCCP version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/070hy1jv3xf02 ... 5.rar?dl=0

Support me on:

Last edited by Chiko on Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:38 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:57 pm

Post Re: Florans v1.2
New updates, lads:

Version 1.1
-Floran Elder has been renamed to Floran Greenfinger so it fits with Starbound lore.
-Floran Tribals have a chance to spawn with a mask, which offers some protection.
-All Floran units are a bit more tougher and slowly regenerate lost health points over time.
-Increased the projectile range of Stingers, which also increases its damage output a bit.
-Slightly reduced the damage output of Impalers.
-Reduced the damage output of Shredders.
-Floran leaf hair offers a small protection bonus and explodes into leaves when gibbed.
-Floran bonemold helms offer more protection and better coverage in some cases.

Version 1.2
-The auto spike thrower Skewer has been renamed to Raider.
-the long range spike thrower Impaler has been renamed to Skewer.
-Added a new item, Impaler. It's a spear that can pierce armored targets. Florans get an attack speed bonus when wielding it.
-Added a new item, Leafwall. It's a small and moderately strong bonemold/grass shield.
-Added a new class, Floran Merc. They wear modern armored clothes and use jetpacks. They have a chance to spawn with metal masks.
-Floran Greenfingers wear some modern armored clothing and use jetpacks now.
-Floran Hunters now wear a weaker type of pants.
-Floran Tribals and Hunters can jump a bit higher now.
-Fixed Florans being way too weighty.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:35 am

Post Re: Florans v1.5
New set of updates from the Steam version:

Version 1.3
-Added a new item, Marauder. Similar to the Raider but uses mags and has a higher rate of fire. It's also less accurate and louder.
-Added 5 more leaf hairstyles and edited some of the existing ones.
-Leaf hair and helms are even more resistant to gibbing. They transfer some damage to the head instead.
-Added one more tribal mask and made it so they are put in front of Floran leaf hair instead.
-Added one more metal mask for Floran Mercs.
-Floran Mercs might spawn with a different torso. One with Dummy parts.
-Floran Greenfingers and Mercs have a lightly armored torso now.
-Added new gib pieces and wound types to bodyparts, accessories and items.

Version 1.4
-Added a new class, Warrior. It's a Floran clad in leather and bonemold. Less agile and not as good with guns but a lot tougher.
-Added a new item, Mauler. It's a deadly Floran bonemold axe. It gets an attack speed bonus when equipped by Floran Warriors.
-Rebalanced the Aim Distance for all classes. Hunters having the best of it while Warriors the worst.
-Rebalanced the stats and prices of Stabbers and Impalers.
-Impalers get an attack speed bonus when equipped by Floran Tribals and Warriors.
-Added one more metal mask for Floran Mercs. It's a rusty Glitch skull.
-Added one more torso type for Floran Mercs. It's clad in Imperatus metal plates.
-Both tribal and metal masks are a bit stronger.

Version 1.5
-Added a new item, Thornnade. It's thorn fruit themed explosive. It's set to explode when starting the throw, not when thrown.
-Added 10 more leaf hairstyles and edited some of the existing ones.
-Added 2 more helm type for Floran Hunters.
-Added one more mask type for Floran Tribals.
-Rebalanced the prices for Floran Warriors and Mercs.
-Rebalanced Floran overall weight, jump and jetpack strength.

I couldn't upload the latest version of the mod as a direct download for some reason so I provided a download link instead.

Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:39 pm

Post Re: Florans v1.8
New set of updates from the Steam version:

Version 1.6
-The one-handed spike thrower Stinger is now a semi-automatic gun. Holding down the attack button will continue firing.
-Added a new item, Prickler. It's an off-hand version of the Stinger so it can be used with other one-handed weapons.
-The shield Leafwall has been renamed to Leafguard. It also transfer less damage to the arm now.
-Added a new item, Bonewall. It's a bigger, stronger but also heavier bonemold shield.
-Added 7 more leaf hairstyles and edited some of the existing ones.
-Decreased the chances for tribals to spawn with a mask.
-Increased the chances for spikes to bounce off instead of disappearing when hitting something in their harmless range.
-Decreased the accuracy for Marauders a bit more.
-Floran Leaf Hair doesn't sound like flesh when hit anymore. It has its own set of sounds now.
-Both the Shredder and the Skewer have a different firing sound.
-Thornnades have a different explosion glow and sound.

Version 1.7
-Helms are not overpowered anymore. They break when heavily damaged.
-Florans with helms have leaf hair under them now.
-Fixed a bug causing Floran Greenfingers to use a back leg as the front one.
-Fixed some items using the wrong materials.

Version 1.8
-Added 3 more leaf hairstyles and edited some of the existing ones.
-Increased the structural integrity of Leaf so Floran hair gets no damage from harmless particles.
-Thornnades are a bit less powerful but they are not as volatile now.
-Edited the look of Maulers to something more Floran-like.
-Made slight edits to the look of Stabbers and Leafguards.
-Fixed some items using the wrong materials.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:32 pm

ERROR: Couldn't find the preset 'Grenade Fragment Grey' accessed in Floran.rte/Devices/Explosives/Thornnade.ini at line 114

Can be fixed using "Base.rte/Grenade Fragment Grey" instead.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:16 pm

That's really weird. I never get that error.

Code:
AddGib = Gib
      GibParticle = MOPixel
         CopyOf = Grenade Fragment Grey
      Count = 30
      MinVelocity = 30
      MaxVelocity = 90

This is the piece of code using that, which should only fail if it loads this mod first and then Base.rte, which is impossible, I think.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:25 pm

Chiko wrote:
That's really weird. I never get that error.
Code:
AddGib = Gib
      GibParticle = MOPixel
         CopyOf = Grenade Fragment Grey
      Count = 30
      MinVelocity = 30
      MaxVelocity = 90

This is the piece of code using that, which should only fail if it loads this mod first and then Base.rte, which is impossible, I think.

You don't get this Error in loading screen(which will crash the game), but in console(called out by pressing `). The incorrect loading of Avians mod's lua is also showed in there. So does the Systemworks Technologies mod.
The melee weapons of both SB mods have Lua problem, too:
ERROR: Floran.rte/Devices/Weapons/Impaler.lua:7: attempt to index global 'Unit' (a nil value)
ERROR: Floran.rte/Devices/Weapons/Mauler.lua:7: attempt to index global 'Unit' (a nil value)
ERROR: Floran.rte/Devices/Weapons/Stabber.lua:7: attempt to index global 'Unit' (a nil value)

Just use "local Unit" to define it instead of "Unit" only.

I've fixed and tested above problems, everything works fine in my CC now.

Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:53 pm

Oh nice, I didn't know the console would display errors like that.

So the Thornnade thing is Gray instead of Grey but I will just remove it coz those particles cause damage and it casts enough particles anyways.

I'm not getting the melee weapons ones, though. Some of the ranged weapons use lua files with the "Unit" actor call thing too so I should make the changes in those too, maybe?

Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:03 pm

Post Re: Florans v1.9
Small update. Mostly bugfixes and small edits:

-Florans are no longer immune to fall damage. They are still more resistant than vanilla faction units.
-Decreased the health regeneration rate for all Floran units.
-Decreased the amount of blood from Leaf Hair exit wounds.
-Fixed a bug with Thornnades calling wrong gib particles.
-Fixed a bug in some lua files used by melee and some ranged weapons.

Thanks Xery for the help!

Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:32 am

Post Re: Florans v1.9
I guess it's time to update my starbound factions now. I'll just use this thread, edit it and put all starbound factions in this one instead of making separated thread for each, like I was doing. I wish I could merge the Avian one with this one.

So, apart from some fixes and edits, I'll be adding the Apex as a faction. The wiki says they are like a lot more advanced than humans so I will probably make them use something in between projectile and energy weapons... mass accelerators maybe, like gauss weapons or rail ones and the like.

For now, I've almost finished with the Floran/Avian updates plus the Florans will have a throwing version of impalers.

Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:44 pm

Re: Starbound Factions v0.1
Alright, I merged both Florans and Avians factions into this thread. I also updated both. Here's the changes:

-All Florans and Avians now use jetpacks. The ai is currently unable to navigate some areas otherwise.
-Florans and Avians are now made of Flesh instead of Armored Flesh, at least the almost naked ones. They are still quite resistant to damage.
-Floran/Avian bodyparts will drop Pixels when gibbed now. Each pixel count as 4 gold.
-The custom materials don't need an index anymore so they cannot be replaced by other custom materials using the same index.
-Bonemold/Beakweave now turn into ash instead of bone/civilian stuff when settled in terrain so it's easier to remove.
-Removed some redundant sprites and pieces of code from the files.

NOTE: The previous update I was working on before died along with my old laptop a while ago.

EDIT: New update, lads. Here's the changelog:

-Added Novakids as their own faction.
-Florans and Avians now make chatter sounds when selected and pain sounds when hit hard enough.
-Edited and added new sounds for some of the devices.
-Edited the gibs or most bodyparts and devices so their destruction is better looking.
-Most weapons have less or no recoil transmission, meaning less actor pushing when firing.
-Made some misc small changes and removed redundant pieces of code and sprites from the files.
-Fixed a muzzle flash in the Avian Laser handguns and rife that would appear at random when holding down the fire button.
-Fixed Floran tribal masks breaking in one hit.

Tue May 07, 2019 1:58 pm

Post Re: Starbound Factions v0.3
New update for this faction. Here's the changelog:

Novakids
-Added a new unit type, Novakid Snugget. It's made of the same gas material as Novakids. They can jump and bark as a way to attack. The bark only appears harmless.
-Added stride movement sounds for the humanoid units. Their bodies also make a different sound when they hit the ground.
-Removed dependencies on vanilla factions to avoid compatibility issues. Some code still reference stuff from the Base.rte content.
-Replaced the shotguns reload sound so they no longer sound like pump-action shotguns.
-Edited the Hunting Knife. It's a bit more balanced in their damage output.
-Made some small edits to some of the weapon and gib sprites.
-Updated the Ammo.ini with more general particles with different enough stats to be used as rounds for the available guns. All projectile weapons deal a bit more damage in general.
-Fixed the wrong item description in the Willbreaker.
-Fixed a number of bugs in some lua files that would cause console errors and lag but still work.

Floran
-Removed dependencies on vanilla factions to avoid compatibility issues. Some code still reference stuff from the Base.rte content.
-Spike rounds are heavier but less penetrating now. This make spike rounds do less against armored units but get an increased stopping power.
-Floran spike throwers are generally better at dealing with lightly armored units now. They are less likely to cause no damage at all like they used to.
-Floran Hunters and Mercs now get aiming and reloading bonuses whith the magazine-fed spike thrower Marauder.
-Added stride movement sounds for the units. Their bodies also make a different sound when they hit the ground.
-The Skewer spike thrower is less likely to gib a bodypart. It also doesn't require Hunters or Mercs to crouch to get its aiming range bonus but the range has been decreased a bit.
-Edited all melee weapons. They are a bit more balanced in their damage output.
-Made some small edits to some of the weapon and gib sprites.
-Fixed a number of bugs in some lua files that would cause console errors and lag but still work.

Avian
-Nerfed all energy weapons, including grenades. They are still deadly weapons but to unarmored or lightly armored bodyparts.
-Avians are slightly weaker now but also lighter, which means their jetpacks struggle less with heavier Avians.
-Added stride movement sounds for the units. Their bodies also make a different sound when they hit the ground.
-Edited all melee weapons. They are a bit more balanced in their damage output.
-Made some small edits to some of the weapon and gib sprites. Energy beams were also edited to look better.

EDIT: New update for all 3 factions with the latest fixes and some misc edits. Here's the changelog:

-Getting hit in the head might knockback or flip soldiers, depending on the rounds hitting them. Florans and Avians only.
-The chin armor in Floran Warrior helms are now separated items covering the lower part of the head.
-Weapons now make sounds when they break.
-Edited the ammo.ini file so the rounds don't destroy terrain as easily and rebalanced most guns.
-Minor edits to most of the ini files and fixed some bugs found along the way.

Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]