View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Mod Releases - New Protocol - Please Read 
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Mod Releases - New Protocol - Please Read
From now on, we're going to be sorting mods that are incompatible with new versions of CC into the Older Mods section.
If your mod is in the Older Mods section and you know for a fact that it is still compatible with the current version of CC, PM a moderator or admin about it.
If you have downloaded a mod and you know for a fact that it is not compatible with the current version of CC, PM a moderator and we will have it moved to the Older Mods section.

Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:18 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Mod Releases - New Protocol - Please Read
Thank you.
This will help to suppress all the "Hey why does ____ not work with B23?" or "ZOMG why dis' dun load!" posts.

EDIT: I think another good move would be a dedicated WIP section. I think it's odd that we tell people to post WIPs into Mod Releases. Personally I think the Mod Releases forum is for things that can be playable at least, and perfectly polished at best. Anything short of playable (sprites, concept art, etc) is what I assumed Mod Making was for.

Maybe "WIP Mods / Scenes" should be either a new section in Mods & Scenes or a subsection of Mod Making.

Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:57 am

Or enforce putting [WIP] tags into thread titles while it's still under development.

Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:27 am

LowestFormOfWit wrote:
Thank you.
This will help to suppress all the "Hey why does ____ not work with B23?" or "ZOMG why dis' dun load!" posts.

do you realy think so?
optimist...
they are just going to post there the same thing.
i serioulsy doubt than they will see the part of the label than says they are not compatible...

Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:46 pm

vagyr wrote:
LowestFormOfWit wrote:
Thank you.

do you realy think so?
optimist...
they are just going to post there the same thing.
i serioulsy doubt than they will see the part of the label than says they are not compatible...

Seconded, the people on this forum are idiots. They will disregard and leave replies like 'can som1 plz convert this 2 b23?????'. I think you should leave a warning, telling people that such posts will get a warn or PM.

Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:58 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

That's impossible considering the forum containing B22 mods is locked. The only place that will happen is topics that were left over, and if that's the case, report the post, we'll remove it, and we'll send the mod to the other forum.

Anyway, we now have topic icons for the Mods forum - it's highly suggested that you use them to denote compatibility.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:42 am
Profile WWW

TheLastBanana wrote:
That's impossible considering the forum containing B22 mods is locked. The only place that will happen is topics that were left over, and if that's the case, report the post, we'll remove it, and we'll send the mod to the other forum.

Anyway, we now have topic icons for the Mods forum - it's highly suggested that you use them to denote compatibility.

These are really cool, however, I think the idea could be expanded in a few ways:
1) Bring similar functionality to Scene Releases. There's no reason not to.
2) If we are still keeping WIPs in Mod Releases, then add a WIP tag. Also, no reason not to.
3) Possibly implement additional useful or helpful tags such as:
-A tag for authors to show the mod has been updated to a new version; maybe "!", "UPD or a gear icon.
-FINAL: tag for mods that are considered complete by the author.
-A tag of a Small trophy with a small number, indicating the mod was in a Mod contest to allow easy finding.
-POC: Tag for Proof of Concept mods, since these usually are just used to help other mods.

Just ideas. I could sprite them if need be.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:30 am

Worthless worthless worthless idea.

Honestly, clog up our forums more please. Do you really think that your average idiot that has to ask if something is b23 or b22 will take the time to read an extrememly small, always on icon next to the thread? How many times in the past month has a mod from...I dunno, 30 pages back been necro'd by someone asking why it doesn't work? Will someone post a new mod that's for B22 and we have to clarify? If so shouldn't that be up to the poster to put it in the title and in the thread?

You're uglying up the forum with your worthless ideas to try and make things more retard accessible. Waste more of everyone's time please.

Edit: Image

Look at it. Unless your face is 3 inches from the monitor, it looks either like
A; B29
or
B; [][][]

Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:55 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Doubling the size of the icon seems to have a good effect on readability without significantly affecting page dimensions.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:30 am

This is a pretty stupid idea. Thank God for adblock

Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:44 pm
Banned

Would be nice if I could be allowed to finish the ModDB in state on the server so as to facilitate this new protocol. TLB, please ask WJ to allow me to do this.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:46 pm
Profile YIM
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

We put it in as a request by a number of people. The idea with this was to cover builds that come out after this, as right now there aren't any new mods coming out for B22. We're trying to actually deal with the fact that people are constantly asking why a mod isn't working preemptively so come next build the problem can actually be dealt with more easily. Still, if it seems useless, it can easily be disabled.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:09 pm
Profile WWW

TheLastBanana wrote:
Still, if it seems useless, it can easily be disabled.

Give us the ability to do so in 'preferences' part of the control panel.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:19 pm
Profile WWW

Thunder Toes wrote:
This is a pretty stupid idea. Thank God for adblock

Or Opera's Content blocker. Woo.

Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:00 am

New probably actually useful suggestion regarding the B23 tags.
Make them grey out on a thread that dosn't have updates just like the DR logo does. It's a little confusing to see what's highlighted and what's not without looking directly at it.

Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next