View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2040 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 136  Next
 UniTec (1.0.0 - CC1.0) - DISCONTINUED 

Post Re: Toybox (1.2.2)
My only complaint is the M79. It's too long in scale :/ Should be much shorter then an M72 or an RPG Launcher. The M79 is designed to be a compact 40 mil grenade launcher used by police forces, which is why it only holds one round per shot; the gun itself is pretty damn short, with the stock making up half the length. Some militaristic variants, like the M79 OSA, are much bigger, designed for accuracy and rapid-fire.

But I'm complaining because the sprite looks like the standard police variant, not the big military rocket-launcher-looking variant OSA, yet is the size of the latter.

Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:11 pm

@Roy-G-Biv: Whoops forgot to remove that. Yes, I have been working on a mech for a while. Dunno when it'll be finished though.

@Ragdollmaster: Noted, and will be changed in next version! Thanks. :)

Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:29 pm

Post Re: Toybox (1.2.1)
Gotcha! wrote:
robolee wrote:
Gotcha! wrote:
The gun sizes are roughly the same as the vanilla ones... I don't see anything wrong with the scaling...

...(in CC)the AK-47 is 135cm (27 pixels long), however taken from wikipedia it is only 87cm long... (therefore the VANILLA SCALING is "WRONG" ANYWAY.)

You confuse me here. What's this all about? (Sure you wanted to quote me?)
And what does PPM stand for?

Wow, jeez, I didn't think it was that hard to understand... Maybe the above version explains it, linking major points from your quote with mine.

PPM = Pixels Per meter the only reason I included that was because it shows how I worked out how big the AK-47 is in comparison to the soldier. (The soldier is over 6ft and the gun is over 3ft which shows that the scaling of the AK-47 is wrong anyway.)

edit: To explain how I worked out the sizes: PPM = 20, meaning 20 pixels is 1m or 100cm (therefore times the number of pixels by 5 to get the "real" size in cm).

Last edited by robolee on Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:38 pm

I understood all that, except the PPM abbreviation, but I wondered why you quoted me, since I didn't whine about the scaling in the first place. :wink:
(Like I would whine about my own mod. :lol: )

Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:40 pm

PPM = Pixels Per Meter, it is used in physics calculations and is in "Setting.ini" changing it affect the rate at which things fall and move (but doesn't affect the camera, so changing it isn't advised).

When you make a game you usually want everything to the same scale, the old clones were tiny, even in comparison to the guns, what I am saying is that maybe Promster used this (PPM) when making later weapons and other actors (and other guns?- I haven't checked but the shotgun is quite new). The actors are to scale which suggests it was used, but we don't know.

I can't believe I even brought it up in the first place. It's obviously gone straight over you.

Maybe it will make other modders think about scale though... Probably not.

Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:58 pm

I think he is right to begin with though. When he said that they were to scale to the vanilla weapons he meant that an M4 was correct in size compared to the original AK, not that they were all correct to the size of the clones.

Anyway, about the mod, I think that you've done great work and the actors here are among my favorites (esp. silencer) because of their relative balance with the coalition. The weapons are pretty good too, although the sounds are kinda weak sauce. I have a question though, are the guns dependent on each other, or can I just comment them out? The loading times get kinda long with this massive back, and scrolling through the guns to find the ones I want isn't very fun either.

Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:08 am

AMAZING! this is proly the best mod ive ever seen

Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:49 am

devilsboy005 wrote:
AMAZING! This is probably the best mod I've ever seen.

Fixed.

But better than crobotech?
It's really good, but far from crobotech. (NO Offence Gotcha!.)

Last edited by Roy-G-Biv on Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:50 am

Well, technically maybe you're right Roy. But it's not all fancy stuff when it comes to gameplay. Crobotech sure are cool, but playing with them for a while kinda tires you (me) out and switching over to one of these guys is a welcome break. But it's more than that. I don't always load crobotech, but I load this one very often.

Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:58 am

CRobotech is my second-most-used mod next to this one. I like using the default actors with this weapon pack and trying to survive as long as possible against the CRobos. The BAR, in particular, seems to rip through them surprisingly well for a 20th-century weapon.

No offense to AAL or Kloveska, but the AI seems to be able to use all the elements of the CRobos much better than those other two packs.

Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:39 am

Roy-G-Biv wrote:
(NO Offence Gotcha!.)

None taken ofcourse. :wink: I saw Crobotech too and it looks gorgeous.

Expect an update again soon. After I changed the grips on the guns I experimented with making the barrels bigger a la AK-47 and it worked out really well, although they look more cartoonish now, like the AK-47.
I'll post a screenshot soon. I wonder what you people will think about it.

Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:52 pm

Here it is;
I am especially curious what you think about the assault and sniper rifles after their big change.
The LMG's look buffier too, and the SPAS-12 had a HUGE haulover that went rather well.
There are 3 columns. Old ones are on the left, new ones are on the right.

Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:12 pm

Location: Hopefully in front of a gaming platform of some kind
Most of the changes i see are minor but they make a huge difference. update and you have a guaranteed DL.

Also, do you think you make some U.S army guys or something?

Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:58 pm

Make the actors strong again.
(I edited my activities to use all the custom actors.)
They're too weak.

Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:01 pm

10050 wrote:
Also, do you think you make some U.S army guys or something?

Not at the moment I'm afraid. I'd like to but am not good at drawing actors. The three recons should have had a head drawn by me, but I couldn't get them right.
I'll try it much, much later, after I've checked all gun offsets. (Lots of guns became larger, thus offsets are off again. >_< )

@Roy-B-Giv: Dunno why; they are pretty strong now, aren't they? Not overpowered, but pretty lethal. I found them a bit overpowered in previous versions. I can put in a cheat actor if you want. Or use the skelly knight. He's pretty darn tough I think. :)

Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2040 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 136  Next