View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:11 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 27  Next
 =Alteisen Arsenal Labs 3rd= ))AAL Product 

Post Re: =Alteisen Arsenal Labs 3rd= ))AAL Product
Numgun, you really need something a little more user friendly. The weapons mostly consist of incredibly powerful rifles with a RoF that's so slow they're one shot. and the marines gun is a little innaccurate. If you sped up the firing rate of both pilot weapons you'd be fine, but right now you're really missing an all rounder weapon.

Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:26 am

Ingoguy15 wrote:
Oi! This mod kicks several thousand asses.

A few issues though.

I've tried every mod I have.
Emporians, Darkstorm, Unitek, and NONE of them see to dent these guys. Hell, the Darkstorm RAILGUN does NO damage to the mechs or craft AT ALL! The only ones that I've found have any hope are DSTech. This surprises me.

I think we need prebuilt bases. The Unitec mod was a winner just for that! I LOVE those things! (Though I am so lazy/unimaginative that I cannot think of cool base designs. That's why I like the prebuilts.)
The MPAM laser weapon is very weird.
The Amber Turrets...float a bit off of the bases.

Vanila stuff bite on AAL pretty well. Flamethrower and spike launcher shreds pilots and troopers. ubercannon works on all of them. right now im playing with Vanilla vs AAL only. (now you really cant survive on death not even on hard).

Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:36 pm

Geti wrote:
i'll take a look at the feet when i can, but i wont touch any of the atom code.

I've done the marine walkpaths, walking looks better now, I might do the MPAM today depending on the time I have, if not it'll be later this week. (Both legs and feet)

Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:59 pm
Profile WWW
Banned

I don't want a balanced mod, I want an all-powerful destroyer of worlds, and that's what I'll have! If you don't release an OP version, I'll just go DSTech. They have better bunker modules anyway.

Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:54 pm

op stands for original post

not over powered, you're not allowed to turn words or phrases like that into acronyms.

Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:13 pm

its not even fun do have overpowered units. there have to be atleast SOME challenge.
Play Vanila vs AAL like i do :P its fun

Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:13 pm
Banned

It stands for both. Just like Gay means happy AND Homosexual. Live with the fact that some people use words/phrases/acronyms for more than one thing.

And I can't stand losing. I just want to blast them to death. I like a challenge but AAL have been associated with being OP for so long, it's just a bucket of cold water to the face to discover that one day the marine can be ripped apart by a chain gun, the weakest of all heavy weapons.

Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:30 pm

gay isn't even an acronym. don't be lazy, just type the word out because noone else gets it but you.

Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:37 pm
Banned

It is a WORD. Notice that I said WORD/phrase/acronym. I am indeed lazy, what are you gonna do about it? Your argument fails.

OKAY: Mission ideas:

An infiltration mission (What else?) In which you must destroy a novastar so the rest of your squad can invade. The vulnerable point would really play a part here. This would make for an epic mission.

Last edited by Bladecat4 on Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:25 pm

Bladecat4 wrote:

It is a WORD. Notice that I said WORD/phrase/acronym. I am indeed lazy, what are you gonna do about it? Your argument fails.

acronyms don't mean anything by themselves like words do. they're a collection of the first letters of a phrase, a bunch of letters separated by periods, and without the phrase it abbreviates that's all they are.

you see things have meanings we(society) assign to them as a collective. you can't go around using words in incorrect contexts and expect people to pick up on what you're saying.

Last edited by cornetto on Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:43 pm
Banned

That is irrelevant. Lets just drop this now before it turns into a flame war, ok?

Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:46 pm

I'm not one for arguing semantics. i agree :)

Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:47 pm
Banned

Cool. ANOTHER IDEA:

Destroy a runner before it reaches the other end of a huge map. Would take about 2 minutes to cross, should be on a really easy path so it doesn't gib itself, but not bunker-smooth. Just mildly uneven. Like tut level space between the tut bunker and the dummy bunker.

Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:51 pm

seen the gib mockup yet? :) i just realised it was shunted over the page is all. download/file.php?id=26231&mode=view
also, bladecat, it's generally accepted that balanced mods are more fun to play with. in light of this, DSTech is being slowly balanced aswell.
in other news, OP'd/OPd stands for Over-Powered in some communities on the blogablag. OP is Original Post everywhere though.

Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:37 pm
Profile WWW

To be honest I prefer the non-gibbing. All that junk just causes fps lag in the long run, and the explosions are fantastic. A good balance between some mods with mega gibbing and some where ♥♥♥♥ just fades away (COUGH COUGH).

I do have one complaint though. Something within the mod, I suspect the heavy-particle weaponry, immediately murders my FPS as soon as it hits the field, particularly when those base defense lasers start going. It drops my time dilation to .2 and hits me with 6fps, first time I've ever had lag outside of using nuclear weaponry in CC. Makes me a very sad panda

Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:04 pm
Profile YIM
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 27  Next