View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Independent - Autonomous Combat Droid (2011-01-29) 

Post Re: Independent - Autonomous Combat Droid (R1)
YEAH!!!! No more fighting retards!!(AI) I see what you meen by laggy...

Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:36 pm

Location: [Insert ominous, personally significant and extremely obvious location Here, e.g. behind you]
Whatever you did with this, Data needs to work it into his AI, now. Just like water and the online multiplayer Zalo made.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:14 pm
Profile WWW

That's already happening, the AI will be easily modified in the next build as it will be defined by Lua by default.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:38 pm

I must say, that was THE MOST epic battle I've ever had. They may have aim hacks but they don't have dodge hacks.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:50 am

That was the scariest battle I've ever had, and I play weegee's missions religiously.

This -thing-, this massively upgraded combatant you have created, is such a step up from the native AI that it dwarfs it completely! Great work old chap.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:33 am

Give it a R.E.T.A.R.D. Launcher, and it'll be unstoppable.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:53 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Fail Flail wrote:
Do you think you could whip up a script like this for my Spartans?
It is a little bit too much work to for me right now, but you are of course welcome to modify the script yourself to fit your actors. Chances are that it won't be necessary once B24 is released though.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:47 am

Holy Hell this thing is vicious. It took me all of my guys just to kill the first one. When I saw the second one I freaked.

Is there anyway, you think, that Data might use the script for the AI in B24?

Hey can you even adapt this to vanilla? That would be totally cool.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:25 am

Project Myrmidon [Phase 3 - Prototype Field Test]
--------------------------

LOG DATE - [REDACTED]

TRIUMPH! After three years of grueling work, countless man-hours of coding, evaluating, bug-chasing, all consigned to our meager team of ten mechanical engineers, fifteen software engineers, two cybernetics theorists, and myself, David Palmer, the greatest Combat AI Developer in the universe, the fruit of our labor has at last fallen from the vine, and stands poised to take the galaxy by storm! Our field test of the prototype, dubbed "Independent" by Bill Morse, lead MechEngr, was a phenomenal success.

As predicted, several of this planet's competing factions responded in force to rumors (which we propagated) of a vast wealth of gold lying bare and exposed to the surface in this sector. As their dropships closed in, the prototype let fly with its guided missiles, destroying the first of the Dummy assault force in mid-air, and crippling the Coalition's own vanguard transport. As the survivors of that wreck climbed free, they were cut down by the prototype's automatic blaster. Such accuracy! Independent is quite a monster, as the initial wave of the Ronin attack force managed to land safely, but scant seconds later, a cluster munition rocket rended them to pulp.

As more and more forces landed nearby, the prototype began its "Dance of Death", as Gerald Loomis, lead SoftEngr, dubbed his crowning achievement: When facing multiple threats on different vectors, Independent takes to the skies on its incredibly nimble thrusters (a credit to Morse's team, surely), swooping to and fro, lashing out with dumbfire rockets and blaster fire with hideous precision.

The moment that made my heart soar through the clouds was when I witnessed Independent pick up a digger (he was never specifically programmed to collect discarded weapons from the battlefield), boost and land right in front of a crippled Coalition clone, ripping it to pieces while its rocket pod turned and fired a timed dumbfire rocket at a drone some fifty meters to its six o'clock. It engaged two targets simultaneously, flawlessly!

While we were all thrilled beyond measure at our creation, our progeny's performance, none of us forgot that this whole endeavor was to create a weapon which will be mass-produced and sold to all who can afford its price. The notion that we too may become targets of our own ingenuity was a sobering cloud that hung over the celebratory after-party. Still, we took out some insurance, implementing a few backdoors into the AI. Those will, of course, remain trade secrets for some time.

tl;dr - Awesome mod! Everything I said about its actions in combat are what happened in a skirmish on HorizLand. I set up a basic bunker, dropped my Independent on top when the battle started, and it proceeded to mop the floor with all comers. Green homing rockets for anything airborn, yellow dumbfire, seemingly timed to explode a little past the target if they miss, and red cluster munition, also timed. Yes, it was digging a clone's face off when it launched a red behind, blasting a Coalition Drone a screen or two away. Also, it's magnificent booster control was absolutely beautiful. It crossed HorizLand in two longs hops, never tumbled, and even boosted away when a target lost its main weapon and produced a digger at point-blank. Very well done, sir!

Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:04 pm

It's much better than vanilla AI, good job.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:49 pm

You know what?

I had to order UniTech troops to survive for a min longer. Which didn't really work.

This is exactly like those horror movies where the biomachine, invented by idiotic government scientists, goes on a rampage and these few guys have to fight it off.

And is it just me or is it regenerating its HP?

Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:42 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

No it regenerates when idle.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:24 pm

Give them the zombot regen from gibs thingmabob and they'll be unstoppable

Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:16 am

Kudos, Abdul. We finally have some good AI around here.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:40 am

If you gave them the ability to revive each other, then they'd be nigh on unstoppable.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:19 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next