View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Shadow Echelon [Low Filesize Version] 

Post Re: Shadow Echelon Beta V0.03
I'd rather not have the actors' inventories cluttered with magazines. I like to be able to switch weapons easily.
But, maybe I could make a script for the actor that would remove extra magazines from his regular inventory, and it would manage a separate ammo inventory.
That way, you could resupply instead of replace, not have a cluttered inventory, and multiple weapons could also share the same ammo pool.
Or I could just keep it as is, but make a generic "extra ammo" item that would give extra ammo to whatever item you use it with.

But for now, V0.04
-Hexad multiple grenade launcher. Has a distance-based safety that eliminates most accidental operator deaths.
-Old Faithful & Assailant polished (sounds & gibs)
-Secret item, SSshhh, don't tell and be a spoilsport, you'll find it in-game eventually if you play enough
(The attachment being missing was me removing v0.03 before uploading v0.04, which took a bit because I was distracted with something)

Last edited by Azukki on Mon May 16, 2011 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 16, 2011 10:10 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Shadow Echelon Beta V0.04
I can't shoot the assault rifle.
D=

Mon May 16, 2011 10:37 pm

Oh bother, fixing asap. :roll:

Mon May 16, 2011 10:43 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Hey, by the way, I have a doubt.
Fixing lua gave me the habit of opening the console whenever I start CC, and I realised that there is an error in your mod, which says something like ShadowEchelon.rte/BlaBlaBla/Skin.lua: Directory not found or something like that.

Why does that happen?

Mon May 16, 2011 10:46 pm

That's been in there for a long, long time.
See how the blood effects are all randomized in color, and awesome?
I was going to have skin colored gibs like that, but never got around to completing it.
I'll resolve that issue in coming releases, but for now, the assault rifle works, with gibs.

Last edited by Azukki on Mon May 16, 2011 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 16, 2011 10:58 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

The working assault rifle is more than enough.

Mon May 16, 2011 11:00 pm

Post Re: Shadow Echelon Beta V0.042
I'm going to have to reinstall Cortex Command to play with this.

Thoughts on Limited Ammo:
I'd love to see that implemented engine-side, such that resupplies were just another, fairly heavy item you could buy. It'd be tiresome from an AI perspective to get the bots using resupplies and not just pulling the trigger on an empty gun in your face but I think it'd make cortex command less about running and spraying and spraying and running and jetting and spraying and so on, and more about base defense. Maybe that's not in the spirit of cortex command though.

It's a shame this is a limited release, but you're right about it being better than nothing. I'll be back with feedback at some point this week, once my assignments are out of the way.

Tue May 17, 2011 2:37 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Geti wrote:
Thoughts on Limited Ammo:
I'd love to see that implemented engine-side, such that resupplies were just another, fairly heavy item you could buy. It'd be tiresome from an AI perspective to get the bots using resupplies and not just pulling the trigger on an empty gun in your face but I think it'd make cortex command less about running and spraying and spraying and running and jetting and spraying and so on, and more about base defense. Maybe that's not in the spirit of cortex command though..

I never thought it that way.
Maybe the infinite ammo is what makes CC to chaotic. Well, skirmish mode is meant to be chaotic.

But maybe missions should have limited ammo. That would make them more mission-ish.

Tue May 17, 2011 2:54 am

The limited release bit is a shame, yeah, but it's getting less limited every several hours!*
*this pattern of update frequency will not last forever.

V0.05
--Wrist Breaker, a powerful, heavily recoiling revolver. Not intended for lightweights.
--Boberg, a compact pistol. A light little thing, specially designed with a full length barrel anyways, so it's still decently powerful for a pistol, but these factors also contribute to a sharp muzzle rise.
--Visible Inventory, the biggest primary and secondary weapon in your inventory are displayed on your person, as if slung or holstered.

Feedback/suggestions/comments/concerns on the following would be particularly appreciated:
--Is the Wrist Breaker too "extreme"? Should it be toned down a notch? Maybe two or three notches?
--Should the Wrist Breaker recoil be redone in such a way that it cannot be exploited for locomotion?
--Should the Boberg be dual-wield-able, perhaps in a way that is improved with Lua?
--Would the visible inventory feature be improved upon by showing more than 2 "slots" of weaponry, or would that clutter things too much?

Edit: Well so much for that pace. All I got done today was deciding to replace the Wrist Breaker with a more balanced, less extreme AutoMag. I also came to the conclusion that I'll need to redo the recoil scripts, and handle muzzle rise and spread separately. So the next update likely won't be very additive.
Edit 2: played KAG all day. Blame Geti? :P

Last edited by Azukki on Fri May 20, 2011 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 17, 2011 6:09 am

Post Re: Shadow Echelon Beta V0.05
There's a error of missing lua file: The Mod load a wrong script "Shadow Echelon.rte/Effects/Skin.lua" instead of "Shadow Echelon.rte/Effects/SkinBone.lua" in Effects.ini since V0.02. Check and fix it.

Wed May 18, 2011 8:11 am

did i just team gib one of my other squad pick up his spleen and bury a dreadnought in blood
awesome this needs a shotty though
also when one of my guys gets killed the game crashes

Wed May 18, 2011 4:10 pm

V0.05 is working fine for me. No errors or anything. Also, I think you should make the revolver rounds a tad sharper, or just give it more punch. The kick is good the way it is, though, so maybe just the sharpness.

Wed May 18, 2011 8:17 pm
Profile WWW

Jackal wrote:
V0.05 is working fine for me. No errors or anything. Also, I think you should make the revolver rounds a tad sharper, or just give it more punch. The kick is good the way it is, though, so maybe just the sharpness.

Do press "~" to check the error message. The script is used to create different type(color) of blood randomly. Well, it doesn't reflect well on the gameplay.

Wed May 18, 2011 8:59 pm

Oh, I thought the game would not run if a script isn't correct. Is that just for ini?

Wed May 18, 2011 9:32 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Xery, you should read the thread, I already asked that.

Azukki wrote:
That's been in there for a long, long time.
See how the blood effects are all randomized in color, and awesome?
I was going to have skin colored gibs like that, but never got around to completing it.
I'll resolve that issue in coming releases, but for now, the assault rifle works, with gibs.

Wed May 18, 2011 9:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next