View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 The Obelisk (WIP) 

Post Re: The Obelisk
This is a great step forward, I suggest you next make bunker tiles with these. A collapsible bridge would be very nice too.

Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:08 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

zness wrote:
This is a great step forward, I suggest you next make bunker tiles with these. A collapsible bridge would be very nice too.

Oh, yeah, I don't really think you can walk on attachments, because of something called the, Mo collision glitch.
You're better off spewing lua out of your ass to make bunker modules rather than using the easier method of using MSPaint and Notepad.

Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:30 am

You cannot make bridges with this code.
He didn't invent a physics engine add-on.
It only makes an attachable detach then another attachable is destroyed.

Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:43 am
Profile WWW

Actually I can do a bridge with the code, but it would have to be separated in two. And it would suck because only half of the bridge would collapse when you shot at either base of it.

Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:59 pm
Loose Canon

Do it anyway. I loves me a physics based destructions. Even though my skirmish is completely broken...

Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:19 pm
Profile WWW

Well, the thing is, even if I make that bridge, actors won't even be able to walk on it because of the weird attachable physics. So the bridge would just be there for the looks and for the destructiveness. (Unless the dummy tank and/or the Humvee can roll on it without problems.)

Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:29 pm

If you want to make a bridge, I'd do this:
Use the hanger doors, but make it so it has attachables that look like they're supporting it. Make it so that the doors 'open' when the attachables are destroyed, and make them gib when they finish 'opening'.

(I'm saying this because doors are a little easier to walk on than attachables.)

Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:32 pm
Profile WWW

CrazyMLC wrote:
If you want to make a bridge, I'd do this:
Use the hanger doors, but make it so it has attachables that look like they're supporting it. Make it so that the doors 'open' when the attachables are destroyed, and make them gib when they finish 'opening'.

-Sketch-

(I'm saying this because doors are a little easier to walk on than attachables.)

I'd love to do this but, as I said countless times, I. Suck. At. Lua.
I can't learn it, I can't do it, I can't try it. I just can't.

So I'll make a basic attachable bridge where actors bounces on it instead of walking on it. Should still be pretty funny if a drop ship or rocket tries to land on it and blows the hell out of everything.

Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:14 am

To make a bridge, all you would have to do is a basic door and give it epic gibs. I think some medieval mod had one.

Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:17 am

Awww, deathy, I'll tweach ya. :3
I'll PM ya when I'm free to teach you on IRC.

Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:18 am
Profile WWW

Cooljoesmith wrote:
To make a bridge, all you would have to do is a basic door and give it epic gibs. I think some medieval mod had one.

Yah, I know one does. Problem is, here I'm trying to make a bridge Red Faction-Like, which means with the same idea as my Obelisk, falling apart when certain parts are destroyed. So unless I make those big basic doors and make them gib into a pinned MOSRotating with other parts of the bridge attached to it, It would just be a bridge like any other.

CrazyMLC wrote:
Awww, deathy, I'll tweach ya. :3
I'll PM ya when I'm free to teach you on IRC.

Owh you whill? :3
I just tried going back on IRC even after the registration limit and it seems to be still working, no idea why. I won't be the one whining about it though.

Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:41 am

I think you just just make a normal, all-American home with these skills. Sketch out some wall and ceiling objects and sprite a nice forground and floor and bingo, modular, destructible homes.

Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:13 am
Profile YIM

Just postin' to say that my one-week vacation has ended. Meaning that I may not have the same free time as CrazyMLC, and the badlands bridge probably won't be made until a long long time. Still I'm making my best to optimize and epic-ize my obelisk. I already changed the wounds and I'm now making multiple stages between structure and small concrete bits. Actually... I'm just putting one stage between them.

I also thought of a great idea, but it didn't work as I thought. I wanted to make all gibs pinned so when you shoot the wall, it cracks then chunks get ripped off. Problem is, higher floors of the obelisk would gib into that too, and when the obelisk collapsed the upper gibs just hanged in the airs. So that little technical problem slowed me down a little. Sorry bout' that.

Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:28 am

All is forgiven for those who make epicness... now I need to Jericho the eff outa this!...

also you could *possibly* lua the hanging in air stuff... but I. HATE. EXAMS.

Also Random fact: Lua means "bathroom" in Hawaiian.

Last edited by ZevN47 on Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:32 am

deathbringer wrote:
Just postin' to say that my one-week vacation has ended. Meaning that I may not have the same free time as CrazyMLC, and the badlands bridge probably won't be made until a long long time. Still I'm making my best to optimize and epic-ize my obelisk. I already changed the wounds and I'm now making multiple stages between structure and small concrete bits. Actually... I'm just putting one stage between them.

I also thought of a great idea, but it didn't work as I thought. I wanted to make all gibs pinned so when you shoot the wall, it cracks then chunks get ripped off. Problem is, higher floors of the obelisk would gib into that too, and when the obelisk collapsed the upper gibs just hanged in the airs. So that little technical problem slowed me down a little. Sorry bout' that.

Those new wounds sound sextacular, can't wait for the release.

Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next