View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Independent - Autonomous Combat Droid (2011-01-29) 

Post Re: Independent - Autonomous Combat Droid (R1)
I think I'd actually prefer that they were less unstoppable. The regenerating health, strong armor, homing missiles, and ridiculously powerful gun kind of detract from the coolness of the improved AI. Maybe you could make a "light" version that uses regular weapons?

Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:43 am

I agree. I think a lot of its effectiveness comes from the fact that two loads of buckshot isnt enough to render it harmless, unlike most other actors.

I have to try pitting this against RETARDS now.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:10 am

More like give the script to RETARDS. They would be freaking unstoppable.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:35 am

Location: [Insert ominous, personally significant and extremely obvious location Here, e.g. behind you]
Yeah, the RETARDS are supposed to be drones that work together. With this script and perhaps a few tweaks, they'd be completely perfect.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:42 am
Profile WWW

Yeah, if you managed to do group actions they'd also be unstoppable.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:46 pm
Profile WWW

I just figured out how to outlast the mission for like, forever. But you need two mods for this, which is my Cordyc faction, and the Cash4Kills.
Order a Cash4Kills drone and one or two Cordyc Crawlers in a Dummy DS. Plop the C4K drone in your base, and the crawlers outside your base. Here's the tricky part: Convert almost all the robots they sent into Cordyc Puppets, then turn them into Baloon Puppets later on when there's a lot of normal Puppets around. Spew some spores, and you got more Puppets to play with... and sometimes, rarely, more than one Puppet can spawn from a single robot.

But hell yeah it was awesome. Vanilla don't stand a chance.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Mirefrost00 wrote:
Project Myrmidon [Phase 3 - Prototype Field Test]
--------------------------

LOG DATE - [REDACTED]
[...]
I really enjoyed reading you after action report, but I can assure you that the digger to the face was just a lucky coincidence.

Seven Golden Idols wrote:
I think I'd actually prefer that they were less unstoppable. The regenerating health, strong armor, homing missiles, and ridiculously powerful gun kind of detract from the coolness of the improved AI. Maybe you could make a "light" version that uses regular weapons?
I agree. After playing a little against the Independents I came to the conclusion that they are more annoying than fun to fight, and have nerfed them somewhat. The reason they carry automated weapons is simply that we don't have any reliable way of controlling the normal weapons.

Download link to release two in the OP.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:48 pm

Post Re: Independent - Autonomous Combat Droid (R2: 2010-12-12)
Heheh, you'll have to do blue and yellow versions for b24. 4 teams ect.

Would still be awesome if you'd give the mission a win condition. I'd suggest a "wave defender" style script for this mission.
Heres a small snippet from my design doc:

Code:
Wave Defender: Fight through X amount of rounds of custom enemy waves to win.

The battle is divided into rounds. Each round presents a preset wave of enemies with preset equipment. There is an accurate number of how many enemies spawn with what guns. Each round is custom made and includes more enemies with better weapons than the last round. So lets say in round 1 you face 6 soldiers with machine guns, while in round 8 you will face 30 soldiers with rocketlaunchers and miniguns. After all enemies of the attack wave have been killed, the player is granted 2 minutes to prepare for the next round. A time counter on top of the screen shows how much time is left for next round when preparing. While fighting a round, the same counter will show how many enemies are left to kill and what round number it is.

So in your case, there could be 5-10 rounds of increasingly harder waves of these terminator bastards.
Between those rounds, the player would have time to order reinforcements with a limited amount of money during the whole battle.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:48 pm

OMG! This mod will own my CC files xDD

Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Wow Abdul, all of your mods quickly become permanent in my cc folder as soon as i try em out.
These things are truly over 9000! I am beginning to think a human player is sitting inside my computer controlling these...

Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:03 pm

Location: [Insert ominous, personally significant and extremely obvious location Here, e.g. behind you]
Holy ♥♥♥♥, finally reliable henchman. I'm gonna see how long these guys last against the Zombbots.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:15 pm
Profile WWW

i really like this, the only thing i think is wrong with it is the red one isnt red enough. the green one is pretty much the same color as the green teams heart, but the red one is way brighter than the red's

Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:55 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Limited palette.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:58 pm

i found a weak point or maybe not, idk actually, using a heavy sniper and shot in what it looks like a cabine constantly make the entire robot to explode

Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:31 am

These things are pretty awesome, just letting them fight each other currently, but i found a robot on my team that had picked up a riot shield from a fallen ronin. I just thought it was pretty cool, was going to take a screenshot but he got blown up my a homing missile from the other side of the map :(

Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next