View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 4:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 31  Next
 Cortex Command Mod Manager / Activities Manager [2.1] 

Post Re: Cortex Command Mod Manager / Activities Manager [2.0]
sam123486 wrote:
killionaire wrote:
sam123486 wrote:
Does this work with B24?

It does, but there is a separate "skirmish defense" activity for whatever guys you chose to fight. Scroll near the bottom.

Better description please?

When you choose a scenario, there are two copies of the "skirmish defense" activity.

One is on the top of the list and consists of base.rte activities and the one on the bottom of the list contains the activities file that you made with the mod manager.

Probably has to do with the order the rtes are loaded.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:06 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

No, it's because the Skirmishes are now Lua-fied for automatic randomness. I recommend you take a look, Max, because it's easier to understand when you have it in front of you.

Basically, what happens now is that it makes a new skirmish defence scenario, but with all the custom settings you dictate in the program. It's not broken, but now you can keep the original skirmish at the same time.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:47 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

With .Lua activities you can however change them without exiting cortex command :) (you gotta start a new skirmish though).

Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:51 pm

Well, I want a way for it to randomize from my .rte's and make a activities and use it. How can I install or use a custom Activities file?

Edit: Please, I really want to fight off GOne with The Blastwave guys. Please tell me how to make it work.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:02 pm

Anyone? I really want to use custom skirmishes.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:55 pm

Could you make a new version that atleast changes the name?
You can change the Preset Name now, as well as set a Description.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:09 pm

Hi guys. I hate to necro on my first post, but I have a small problem with this.

I wanted to make my own skirmish settings so I deleted all the units in the interface but when I tried to add new ones it came up with the following error.
Quote:
EXCEPTION:
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Where[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
at CortexCommandModManager.ActivityItemWindow..ctor()
at CortexCommandModManager.MainWindow.AddSkirmishItem()
at CortexCommandModManager.MainWindow.skirmishWavesTreeViewItem_Add_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(DispatcherPriority priority, Delegate method, Object arg)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
at System.Windows.Application.Run()
at CortexCommandModManager.App.Main()

NO INNER EXCEPTION

There is nothing but a "all waves ()" box with no image next to it, and any command I try with it causes the same error. I tried random skirmish and this works however nothing happens when I generate the skirmish.
-Saving and starting a new one does not work.
-Deleting or uninstalling then reinstalling does not help at all.

Please help me, thanks.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:08 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

This is probably a B24 issue. I wouldn't recommend changing vanilla with this now anyway, especially considering we have custom scenarios now. Make a new activities with it, but don't try editing the standard skirmish.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:45 am

Just because of interest I tried version 1.5 as well and that allowed me to make them however I could not use them in CC. I know this is asked all the time but how else would I change what spawns? The answer to that question I saw in another place was to come here, which has failed.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:30 am

I'm having some trouble getting it to work. I installed the manager and it seems to be working fine, but it's not changing anything in game. If I don't enable "Enhanced Skirmish", there's only the original, Vanilla Skirmish Defense available on the list of scenarios. If I do enable it, Vanilla Skirmish remains unchanged. A new Skirmish Defense will appear at the bottom of the list, but enemies won't spawn in it.

Any ideas? I'm running B24, obviously, but it sounds like the mod's still mostly functional, so... :-(

*EDIT*

Okay, it started working for no reason at all. I guess I'll just get tweaking then. Thanks for the mod!

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:10 pm

Any ETA on when it will be updated for B24?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:55 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

SneakyMax hasn't been around for some time, and no-one else has the source code.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:59 pm

Nah, I check this topic regularly, just haven't had time to update it for B24.

Download the source here. Do whatever you want. I'll try to update it some time soon.

Frankly the coding to change it isn't too difficult, I just have no idea how the new B24 activities work. It seems like the spawns are now generated with lua, which would be a pain.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:27 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Use this one for a quick fix, I'll get a properly done one up later. That is if I can learn the syntax properly.

Attachments:
File comment: Temporary fix.
EnhancedSkirmish.zip [1.84 KiB]
Downloaded 219 times
Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:11 pm

Roast Veg's b24 fix is now uploaded.

Download

Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 31  Next