View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Anti Air Missile 

Location: Hopefully in front of a gaming platform of some kind
Post Re: Anti Air Missile
I understand that, and i think that's a good idea, but i think exploding in mid-air is weird. Is it possible for the missile to just ''die'' and go inert?

Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:26 pm

While the idea of a missile just 'dying' might seem interesting, there are many reasons one would not want such a thing.
So many things could go horribly wrong, or be made to go horribly wrong, with a 'dead' missile that is not self destructed in the air.
Sure, such things might not happen in CC unless added in, but the overall concept is that a missile with no target just self destructing in the air is good, a missile just smacking into the ground is bad, and can get worse in many ways.

Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:27 am

Self destruction is the best way.

Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:13 pm

Location: Hopefully in front of a gaming platform of some kind
Okay, last Idea, if this gets shot down, I'll shut up. Instead of your deadly engine-owning explosion, could the self destruct be a smaller one, one that doesn't send deadly particles into the back of my defender's heads?

Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:57 pm

There is one limitation with a missile's ability to self destruct.
Generally speaking, the only thing a missile has to blow itself up is going to be its warhead(s).

To get technical with details that might not matter in a game...
The only exception might be if the missile had a secondary system of some sort, something like explosive bolts, that 'blew away' the primary frangible material 'shell' away from the warhead, and instead send much less deadly debris flying outward when the warhead detonates, rather than a shower of deadly shrapnel. That might be an excuse to allow for some 'less deadly' form of self destruct.

As for accidental friendly fire from self-destructing warheads...
Personally, I try to the AAM Cannon roughly 'above' where my brain is (or the starting position of a brain bot), as it seems to reduce the chances of drop ships appearing over them in many cases (or that just may be dumb luck for me). That way I can get it at the highest point possible, with at least some basic cover from the sides and a little over the top with an opening a bit bigger than is needed for the first stage. This gives the first stage some good altitude above my forces, protects it (at least at first) from hostile fire and debris, and usually limits the chances that a missile will be close to friendlies when it goes off in case of having no valid targets.

Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:10 am

Does anyone have any suggestions for new features?

Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:12 pm

Bunkermodule and pinning.

Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:23 pm
Profile WWW

From the gifs, this looks like a really cool mod... but where the heck is it? I looked through every folder in the building stage - including "Craft" - and couldn't find it anywhere. Ditto in-game. Even changing the "AddToGroup" didn't do anything. This mod needs a readme.

Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:13 pm
Banned

DrLuke wrote:
When in prebuilding phase, select "Weapons" tab, then deploy the device where you want to.

Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:20 pm
Profile YIM

Thank you, but I read through the entire thread - including the OP - before asking. What I'm saying is that it isn't appearing in my weapons tab, for whatever reason. In fact, it isn't appearing in any tab. I just reinstalled B23, thinking I might have the wrong version, but it didn't make any difference. Do I have to clap my hands and say "lua turn on" or something?

Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:33 am
Loose Canon

Are you trying to use it in missions? You can only place it during the bunker build phase of skirmishes. If you know this, and therefore aren't an idiot, then I don't know what the problem is. I would reccomend redownloading the mod.

Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:39 am
Profile WWW

Nope, not an idiot. I think I figured it out, actually - this used to happen more with B20 and B21. CC just wouldn't recognize the folder, and you had to move the files elsewhere, delete the folder, and make a new one with the same name. If that doesn't work, I'm going to have to sacrifice a chicken.

Edit: Looks like the chicken is safe. Awesome mod, very well done! Four of 'em in a row all popping into the air as soon as a dropship hits atmosphere: epic. ^_^

Last edited by sushi jones on Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:23 am

this pwns :shock:

Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:13 am
Loose Canon

Try to have more that just two words and a smilie in your post. Say something constructive, or regale us with a story of how it was epic, just don't do a tiny 2.5 word post.

Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:15 am
Profile WWW

This pwns a lot, and it is like a sunny morning. :wink:
Simile

Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next