View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
 Trappers: Canyon Town 

Post Re: Trappers: Explosions, revolvers and stuff
Oh well I was just asking because I was remembering an old APC that I thought matched the faction pretty well
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... x-M113.jpg

But making tanks is hard, and they are usually buggy, so I had another possible idea. Bear with me on this one.

Imagine if you will, A smugglers ship, capable of space travel, but very small, able to sneak easily past almost anything that attempts to stop its run. Its small, and somewhat boxlike Its about the size of 2 drop ships connected engine to engine. These ships are special tho, their not just simple smuggling ships, you see, they have been outfitted with more thick makeshift plating (some peaces of metal on the sides more rusty, some a little more clean, a look of old metal and long harsh travel), and they have been weaponized. A small cockpit with two MG's hangs from the belly of the ship, able to cut infantry below it down in seconds, While the thick plating can soak up bullets quiet efficiently, the MG's emplacement is made in part of a weaker metal, to enable it to move fluidly, because of this it is vulnerable to attack, and can be destroyed more easily then the ship itself. ( I'm thinking the weapon turret should look something like the bottom gun emplacements on a b-29 superfortress.) Image

The ship itself would look a little more like this: *but more boxy and smaller scale.

To make it work you would need to:

make the cockpit larger then the drawing, more to scale, probably as big as the whole ships front, maybe a little smaller and vulnerable (glass) preferable even with a Visible pilot that can be killed, but make the glass very thick, so only a very high velocity round could get through, or rocket could break it.

Try and sort out the engines to give it the ability to hover really well (not sure how) Maybe revamp the engines entirely, just keep the body.

add the turret, make it player controlled would be best.

3x tap drop troops, this would be a Very heavy Very slow dropship (moves much faster when traveling in space, hover engines are slow), Capable of soaking up massive amounts of damage and dealing alot with its duel heavy MG's as well, IT would be capable of carrying a very large cargo, Deployed feet that allow it to land and be repaired (unable to attack while landed since the gun is on the belly).

Lastly the ship would have a secondary fire Harpoon cannon(pie menu secondary fire?) mounted beside the MG's that allows it to hook into and drag most anything smaller then itself, (re-use the script from your special spears ;) perhaps). Probably make sure it mas a D.o.T effect.

**keep in mind this is simply a concept and I will not be disappointed or upset if you don't like the idea, or find it would be to much work.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:03 am

Roy the Cuttlefish wrote:
Oh well I was just asking because...

...Lastly the ship would have a secondary fire Harpoon cannon(pie menu secondary fire?) mounted beside the MG's that allows it to hook into and drag most anything smaller then itself, (re-use the script from your special spears ;) perhaps). Probably make sure it mas a D.o.T effect.

Well it would be silly if these guys had larger ingame ships and weapons than anyother vanilla faction, that would kinda remove the scavenger feel from them don't you think :P If you want more vehicles to play around with though, you could try one of my older mods (phoenix and manticore or something). The vehicles are in the style of abdul's, though they aren't really that spectacular (mostly just ugly).

For the Harpoon part, then I would like to mention that the Manta will get a harpoon at some point, to increase its dropship harassment capabilities :)

Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:40 am

Alright I understand, I just figured if you think about these factions being space-dwelling, it makes sense they would have access to somewhat larger spaceships, but your right their really Is not enough room for larger craft, and it would throw off the games feel.

Anyway I'm glad to hear about the harpoon gun addition to the manta's. That should be very fun to use.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:00 am

akblabla wrote:
It will also damage enemy mechanical units very fast, and if you get them down under 10% they will be disabled and you will hack them to make them become yours. You can then repair them again to make them functional again.

Damn, I was just about to start working on almost same tool... I think I'm still going to work on it, I hope you wouldn't mind me doing that.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:52 pm
Profile ICQ

Mad Alex wrote:
Damn, I was just about to start working on almost same tool... I think I'm still going to work on it, I hope you wouldn't mind me doing that.

I wouldn't mind :)

Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:00 pm

akblabla wrote:
Wall jumps would be awesome though and I will look into it.

What you could also look into is wall-cling or climb. The DarkStorm Tengu had an inbuilt melee function that also let it cling to walls, and then launch off them. Not many other actors around that can do something like that.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:26 pm
Profile YIM

I have 2 more questions, 1, Did you fix that bug where sometimes when you use the crossbow with a certain explosive, all explosives of that type you throw after teleport to the place the first one landed. I personally Haven't had it happen since the first 2 times I used the feature.

Secondly, do you think you could make it so you have to double and triple tap the direction keys a little faster, to make it drop cargo, and switch direction, I find it opening cargo and turning directions when I don't mean it to.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:27 pm

I just love that kind of stuff. Sprites are delicious :grin:

Quote:
To make a vehicle takes a lot of work, so it should really be something awesome. Fx a tank, may sound cool but it would most likely be impractical, and the same with a buggy, so would you please elaborate a bit :)

> If i can give some advice, I think making some medium-armored vehicle with some mounted gun is a pretty good idea but I see it more like a made-of-scraps thingy with killable pilot and gunner on the top, flying with random hovers/helix propeller.

Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:17 am

Hey akblabla nice mod i love it but um can you make more craft like the helicopter i like fly
objects

greets

Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:59 pm

Alex the killer wrote:
Hey akblabla nice mod i love it but um can you make more craft like the helicopter i like fly
objects

greets

Nah, I don't really want to make any more aircrafts in a while, but I can recommend abdul's mod "Air Support" and also my own phoenix mod

Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:04 pm

If it isn't asking too much, can you please post the link to that Phoenix mod of yours? I remember seeing it somewhere near the old mods.

Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:15 pm

Joseh123 wrote:
If it isn't asking too much, can you please post the link to that Phoenix mod of yours? I remember seeing it somewhere near the old mods.

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=19030&p=357415&hilit=Phoenix#p357415

Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:44 pm

Post Re: Trappers: Harpoons and lasers, what can go wrong?
DL'ed and tested the update.

Geesh, that harpoons are awesome. Always wanted to puncture my enemies with something bigger than just an arrow :grin:

Also, I'm still thinking of Axon. I want him, hurhurhur

Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:46 am

Legatus wrote:
DL'ed and tested the update.

Geesh, that harpoons are awesome. Always wanted to puncture my enemies with something bigger than just an arrow :grin:

Also, I'm still thinking of Axon. I want him, hurhurhur

The hunter is quite inspired by Axon, if that counts :P

Also, you can use the harpoons to hang guys with laser rifles onto your mosquitos to make quite a gunship, or you can just use them as wrecking balls

Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:51 am

Dayum, akblabla, you are like a modding machine. So much new stuff these days.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next