View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 The Medipacks Are Back - Lua Update! No more crashes! 
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

The Medipacks Are Back - Lua Update! No more crashes!
The medipacks are finally back, updated to fit the new version and heal more than before!
If you are one of many newcomers that have never gotten to use the medipack in its original form, the medipack is the first healing device ever created for Cortex Command. It's slightly buggy, but it gets the job done.
This time, though, there's three extras, for more heavyweight actors. I highly suggest you read their info, as they're a bit different than the originals.

MEDIPACK SERIES 1
These medipacks were invented by a team of workers studying the usage of nanobots on human tissue. The alpha serum was released in the year 3067 after many years of trial and error. It replicated cellular structures to rebuild any missing pieces of a human's body. Later, smaller versions boasted the ability to copy individual atoms, allowing for use on electronics as well. They are injected into any object via a supersharp syringe.

Image Medipack Small - This medipack includes a relatively unconcentrated serum which will heal small wounds. Upon entry, nanobots will immediately heal 25 damage, and then go on to heal 50 damage for two and a half minutes, to come to a total of 150 damage healed after it has run its course. Only 25 gold and you can patch up any small wound!

Image Medipack Med. - This medipack has a slightly more concentrated serum. It will immediately heal 50 damage and go on for five minutes, healing 100 damage each minute, for a total of 550 damage healed. It comes at a cost of 50 gold.

Image Medipack Large - This medipack contains a highly concentrated serum, allowing 100 damage to be healed immediately. It heals 200 damage per minute, for up to 10 minutes, coming to a total of 2100 damage healing! It costs 100 gold.

MEDIPACK SERIES 2
A few years later, war was at large and there was a constant demand for medipacks. However, the original medipacks were beginning to become outdated due to increasing numbers of giant mechs and superpowered infantry. And so, scientists developed very small nanobot factories, or "patches" that a unit could place on its arm, allowing an abrupt burst of nanobots to enter the bloodstream upon usage and power the brain and body to greatly upgrade its stamina. However, such a great burst of energy entering the unit's bloodstream will eventually trigger the body to attempt to fight back, causing the unit to die almost immediately after about a minute. However, in the time that it will last, the unit will have nigh unstoppable power.

Image Medipack Gamma - A large, cooled box containing a small nanobot patch. It will boost your unit's performance by 1000 life for one minute, then destroy it. It costs 250 gold.

Image Medipack Omega - A heavy box with a medium-sized nanobot patch inside. It will add 10000 to your unit's life for one minute, then kill it. Its cost is 500 gold.

Image Medipack Zeta - A cold, metallic and clunky box containing one very large nanobot patch. It will shove your unit's strength up by a whopping 100000, but destroy it after a minute has passed. It will cost you 1000 gold.

-WARNING-
    Any Medipack will activate itself on the nearest thing when it is broken. If it is shot while near an enemy, the enemy will have had the medipack used on it.
Enjoy!

Attachments:
Medipack.rte.zip [66.77 KiB]
Downloaded 1696 times
Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:11 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: The Medipacks Are Back!
Yes! all i had were the weak ones from some old pack...

I LOVE THESE!
Best use of code I have seem my whole time here.

Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:15 am

Kickass!!!

Great job bringing them back TLB

And even better job making new ones =3

Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:20 am

referring to an instance 'Pack G' to copy from that hasnt been defined...

blah blah blah something about line 252 in medipack.ini

Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:21 am

TheLastBanana wrote:
but it has the payoff of 1000 gold every minute afterward. It will cost you 1000 gold.

Typo found.

Amazing job though!

Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:23 am
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Agh, crap in a hat.
Fixed both, sorry about that. It was a last-minute attempt at changing weight via wounds that didn't work at all.
Anyway, try it again.

Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:34 am
Profile WWW

God damn you, these things are the most useful mod ever saw im my life...Really...
Could you take a small request for me?!?
Make me an AAL and CRobo resprite-style medium medipacks, please???

Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:16 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

I might theme a few if you wanted. It's been a while since I've sprited with the CC pallette, these just turned out deceivingly well :P The new ones were actually intended for Crobos and the MPAM.

Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:18 am
Profile WWW

:D
You make the forum proud, you know?
There is no way to make the life recovery and "slow-recover" smaller?

Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:29 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

As in making it recover slower, or in smaller numbers?
Both can be done with the change of a few variables.

Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:34 am
Profile WWW

Smaller number... Just a question cause I think its a bit... not really, you can lost your limb with 70-100 and have just an useless actor
Nothing really :D

Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:16 am

Actuaally TLB,THe new medipacks wont work with the crobos, because of the new attachables Capnbubs got rid of the extra health therefore killing even an almighty crobo in one blow.

Edit:
Damn Internetz Fix'd.

Last edited by Vash on Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:53 am
Profile YIM
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Sweet, they're back AND packed!

Now this is a useful revived mod - revived by original maker -!

Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:54 am

awesome.
I never used these much, but they're cool!

Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:06 am

The nanobots fail TLB, unless if I misunderstood that your supposed to use them with the conjuction of the normal medpacks. Seriously, due to the wierd pricing system that CC has that makes the cost go completely wierd when you place an actor that has 1000 HP instead of the normal 100 the cost is multiplied.

This is why all AAL units have a standard of 100 HP. Even on the MPAM. I use custom entry and exit wound to make him stronger instead of the classic HP amount. And also I mostly like to base my units to rely on giblimits as their HP and the actual HP value to indicate how many wounds it can take more.

Now the gamma pack kills everything I have in my CC if used right away, unless I use 4 big medpacks to get to the 500 it takes away. Also the regeneration rate on the nanopacks seems rather slow and non-profit in the battlefield when you need a quick and powerful cure. They seem to be more harmful than helpful.

I love the sprites btw, really cool looking.

Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next