View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2040 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 136  Next
 UniTec (1.0.0 - CC1.0) - DISCONTINUED 

Post Re: Toybox (1.2.2)
About the flames stickying on stuff: Doesn't it depend on the fuel source? Anyway, I am not that much of a wizard, so it won't happen with my current skills.

About the exploding canister: What sal said. :grin:

@Roy-G-Biv: Japan? :shock: I'd trade places in an instance. :wink:

Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:08 pm

Gotcha! wrote:
@Roy-G-Biv: Japan? :shock: I'd trade places in an instance. :wink:

Yeah, maybe you could visit Tokyo.
Since you have alot of modern weapons, why not add weapons from other times?
Like, WWI, and WWII?
Or maybe America's revolutionary war?

Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:16 pm

About the flames stickying on stuff: Doesn't it depend on the fuel source? Anyway, I am not that much of a wizard, so it won't happen with my current skills.

You could always look at the way somebody else did it and steal his code like a shameless thief take inspiration from his genius like an apprentice learning from a master craftsman. I can't remember who has a flamethrower that sticks to walls, (was it the AAL? DarkStorm? CRobos? Pelians? One of those factions, anyway) but I know there's at least one. If you don't know of one, I'll go back through my mods and find the one I'm thinking of.

2nd Edit: Niiiice glow effects on the flamethrower. Looks a lot more like real flame now. If and when you want to make EVEN MORE weapons, we could use a few different kinds of incendiary weapons, like a sticky napalm flamethrower and/or a sticky napalm grenade, a weaker flamethrower that hurts flesh but not metal or concrete, etc.

More suggestions: On one end of the scale, a .22 varmint rifle. Not every weapon in this mod needs to be useful in a military sense. On the other end of the scale, an XM214, so we can reenact our favorite scenes from Terminator 2. In the middle of the scale, a sawed-off 12-gauge shotgun, lethal at ten feet and a mild irritant at 30. Okay, I'll stop now.

Last edited by RedSonSuperDave on Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:24 pm

@Redsonsuperdave: Darkstorm (Back when they were called the DarKlones) tech had a flamethrower in the past with fire that could ignite the fire.

Pelian also has a flamethrower too which basically works the same.

Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:27 pm
happy carebear mom

For anyone who'd like to try, here's a verbal description. (I can make it happen if you'd like, Gotcha!)

Round is a MOSParticle, GibImpulseLimit = 0.01
Gibs into pinned emitter, emitter emits fire.

Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:13 am

Post Re: Toybox (1.3.0)
I. hate. offsets.
But I am all done! Perhaps a gun or two could use some very minor touch ups but overall I am very content slash happy with the way they are now.

I really hope people will like the sprites, because I think they've become awesome.
(If you don't like them, don't tell me, or I'll stake you. Really. I will.)

Any constructive feedback? Hand it over. :grin:

Onward to the next update, after a looong break. :-|

Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:46 am

Location: Hopefully in front of a gaming platform of some kind
Awesome, getting better and better.

Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:48 am

May I request weapons/actors?
If so, then here we go.

1. The Thompson submachine gun (or, Tommy gun)

2. A clone with dragonskin body armor. It even stands a point-blank detonation of an M67 grenade.

3. The MP7. It's completly different than the MP5

4. The Musket. Because this pack should have one of the first weapons capable of shooting

5. The German "Panzerfaust" recoiless anti-tank weapon

Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:08 am

I just tested it, the sounds are all really really weak, and the muzzle offsets are pretty off.

and you don't hold an uzi by its shoulder stock...

Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:46 pm

I need to know which muzzle offsets are off. I've tested them all and seem fine to me but I could have missed one or two. It doesn't help if you aren't more specific. :-|

Can't do anything about the uzi with my skills. Actors grab the trigger with their other hand so I am fine with it. I could have the main hand grab the trigger but it would result in the gun being held way too high. If you like to try, you're welcome to it.

I'll ignore the sound remark entirely. They're fine to me. People even had the chance to give me feedback when I added louder sounds, but no one did.

Note to everyone: I will NOT 'fix' any sounds. No need to ask again.

Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:29 pm

I'm strung out and haven't slept for 3 days, i'll get back to you with the actual offsets (the way i think they should be anyways) and stuff when i can finally sleep.

Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:59 pm

One of my fav mods.
I use it in every game.

Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:28 pm

Thanks for the compliment. It makes it worth losing sleep on. :grin:
On the losing sleep note: Next version will hopefully have at least the following stuff added:

- A M1 Garand - Doesn't need an introduction
- An SKS - Semi automatic rifle
- A Mosin Nagant - Doesn't need an introduction either
- A Gepard M1 - Anti-material sniper rifle, like the Barrett M82, only... bigger.
It will have a huge reloading time, since it only fires 4 rounds a minute (it is a bolt-action rifle that is amazingly annoying to reload as I read it) and will instantly kill anything it hits (vanilla actors, no MPAMs :lol: ). Better not miss, since it takes 15 seconds to reload! (Don't worry, I will probably shave something off this reload time to make it not so annoying.)

I am throwing some older (but no less lethal) weapons in here for good measure, and non-automatic rifles were surely missing.

It'll also contain:
- Landmines
- Throwing daggers and shurikens
- Timebombs (Throw one down, wait 15 seconds and BOOM! there goes the bunker wall.)

So far I have all the sounds for it, except one. If anyone out there has a sound of a M1 Garand clip exiting the gun (people who know the gun will know it's a sort of ping! sound as the clip flies out), please let me know.

Perhaps I can also finish that mech that is about half finished, but right now I am not in the mood to script it. :oops:

Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:59 pm

This mod is one of my favorite. Keep up the goodwork!

Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:36 pm

I got curious to try this mod now that it evolved so much since the last time I saw it (first version) and I took it for a run.

The weapons are pretty nice and the actors too altough it seems that most of them seems to be a recolor of the AAL pilot. But thats alright, since I did give my permission on that. Youre sprites are nice and on the guns are pretty realistic unlike the CC's default cartoonish style.

The power rating and balance of these weapons are really nice and not overpowered at all.

While this is a good and a working mod, its rather plain with the lack of the effects and the rather... plain sounds. Like the BFG9000 and the doom plasmarifle could use a cool glowtrail for its shot. Also make the shot on the bfg9k slower and arc slightly for making it look better. And as for the bullet colors on the guns, try to have a variation between the bullet's color and its trail color. Also add a tiny glow that the default set provides you, these can make your bullets look more interesting.

If possible, try to get more realistic and beefy sounds for the modern weapons.
A good place to get sounds is www.findsounds.com.
Use the "need examples?" link to your aid and remember to set it to search for "WAVE" type sounds only. I have taken tons of different good quality sound effects from there. Use simplistic keywords like "gun, machine gun, rifle... ect." to find the stuff you want.

As for improving the actors, give them more varied effects too. Like the wounds on some units could spew more varied particles rather than just that blue pixel. Also use glows, they can boost the visuals greatly.

And then a final note on the activities. You did include new guns, but you did not make the new actors that come with the pack to attack. I suggest you disable any traces of default stuff (No dummies, soldiers nor robot 1 or 2's.) except diggers in the activities and use only and everything what toybox offers. Including rocket launchers.

Also to make things more challenging in the activities, you can define the field of view for each invader how far he can see. This way you can have actual snipers shooting at you from long distances while invading your base.
Heres an example:

Code:
   AddAttackerSpawn = ACDropShip
      CopyOf = KMF Drop Pod
      AddInventory = AHuman
         CopyOf = KMF Heavy Soldier
         AimDistance = 60     //HERE (Default is 30)
         AddInventory = HDFirearm
            CopyOf = KMF Suppressor
         AddInventory = HDFirearm
            CopyOf = KMF Devastator

Otherwise I really do enjoy this mod, a bit plain, but still fun. :D

Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2040 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 136  Next