View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 2040 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 136  Next
 UniTec (1.0.0 - CC1.0) - DISCONTINUED 

Post Re: Toybox (1.2.1)
Dual wielding SMGs was something that was talked about before the first release but I really didn't want it, since it would make a very overpowered combination. :)
All dual wields in this mod are less accurate as well, just to balance it a little.

Anyway, if people want it, then nothing holds them back of doing so. (Might I suggest a dual wielded UniTec EP? :lol: )

Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:54 pm

Hey, I think you should make an activities, utilizing all weapons and actors in the modpack.
Might I also request the
Phalanx CIWS Anti-everything Turret?
And, a devlog post about it from December 31st, 2006.

Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:53 pm

Roy-G-Biv wrote:
Hey, I think you should make an activities, utilizing all weapons and actors in the modpack.
Might I also request the

Heh, ive used one of those in BF2...

Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:56 pm

smithno13 wrote:
Roy-G-Biv wrote:
Might I also request the

It's a real turret though.

Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:58 pm

When I saw this mod I thought it was bloody Christmas, downloaded the mod only to feel disappointed.
However, not all hope is lost as the sprites are good but they lack the CC art style and stick out like a sore thumb and the large guns (assault rifles, snipers etc.) are too small. A revamp would make this one of the best *sensible* weapon packs I have seen in a while.
Congrats for the effort :)

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:23 pm

Roy-G-Biv wrote:
smithno13 wrote:
Roy-G-Biv wrote:
Might I also request the

It's a real turret though.

Well everything in BF2 is real... Dont go to 2142 looking for realism though

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:25 pm

@xtortion1980:

You could see the sprites in the first post in the screenshot, so they shouldn't have been a surprise. Some people might find them too black, but as I said before, guns are usually black these days.
The gun sizes are roughly the same as the vanilla ones. The AK-47 is 30-ish pixels wide. All assault rifles in this mod are roughly the same, except for some smaller 'bullpup' types. I don't see anything wrong with the scaling, but then again, I never held a gun. Have seen lots of photo's though, with people holding them so if I am off, it's not by much.

I'm generally done with revamping. Compare them with the first toybox version and I think they've come a long way. I am also very aware that I can't please everyone so my general rule is that as long as enough people like it I'm happy as well. :)

Dunno what else you'd dislike. Sounds? Don't even get me started again on that one. :roll:

No hard feelings here anyway. ;) Like I said, people can't please everyone.

Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:00 pm

Roy-G-Biv wrote:
Might I also request the

Grif made a CIWS already, numbnuts.

Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:02 pm
Profile WWW

Ophanim wrote:
Roy-G-Biv wrote:
Might I also request the

Grif made a CIWS already, numbnuts.

That couldn't stop people from making more CIWS's.
Besides, that one was gone.

Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:47 pm
happy carebear mom

Did someone request activities? Well, this one doesn't use all the weapons, but it does use all the actors and a good number of the weapons. It's hard too.
Attachment:
File comment: Replaces index.ini and activities.ini of the toybox.rte.
Toybox_Activities.rar [2.32 KiB]
Downloaded 269 times

Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:46 pm

Post Re: Toybox (1.2.2)
Another update. I am going like a train (and burning up faster than a treasure map in a live volcano).

Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:41 pm

overwhelmed by the amount of weapons, but I am also see alot of instant kill weapons.

Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:23 pm
Profile WWW

You can disable the ones you dislike in the index.ini. :)
There aren't that many insta-kill weapons though, or they're enormously expensive.

Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:27 pm

Well, I just want to say that these new System Shock weapons are pretty much exactly what I had in mind when I requested them.

The Mark III is a flawless adaptation, and even surpasses the original. The magnesium bullets on the Mark III do a great job emulating real burning magnesium, without being too overpowered thanks to to slow reload speed and long time between shots.

The Skorpion captures the look and feel of the original perfectly, as a heavy assault rifle or light machine gun intended to overwhelm the enemy with sheer number of bullets, not firepower or accuracy.

The dual-wieldable Magnum 2100 is exactly what it should be, a beefy handgun with substantial kick and the firepower to penetrate all but the toughest armor.

To my undying surprise, Gotcha! has managed to make the Sparq beam function as close to the original as is physically possible in B20, on his first attempt, no less. I have to wonder if he looked up a System Shock video on YouTube, or if he got the look and feel of the weapon right by pure luck. My only gripe with this entire pack is that the Sparq beam is either a little overpowered (if it's emulating the normal function of the gun) or the reload time is too short (if it's emulating the overload function), but the weapon's power matches its price.

The new brain cases are also a nice touch, these will provide the user with an extra five seconds or so to respond once a CRobo soldier gets inside your brain vault while you're paying attention to a battle halfway across the map.

Anybody who agrees with my belief that you can never have too many ways to hurl death at your foes should download this mod.

Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:41 pm

Gotcha! wrote:
The gun sizes are roughly the same as the vanilla ones. The AK-47 is 30-ish pixels wide. All assault rifles in this mod are roughly the same, except for some smaller 'bullpup' types. I don't see anything wrong with the scaling, but then again, I never held a gun.

Taken from the settings.ini "PixelsPerMeter = 20" (1/5 of 100), therefore the AK-47 is 135cm (27 pixels long), however taken from wikipedia it is only 87cm long, and the main actor the coalition soldier is 210 cm (42 pixels high)... So as you can see CC guns aren't scaled properly anyway seeing as how the gun is over half the size of the soldier (who is 6ft 11).

I guess they are just that big because they need all the detail. Also don't ♥♥♥♥♥ about how PPM isn't used for sprites, the fact that the soldiers are now 6ft 11 which I would say is a very realistic height (and probably optimal if you want the best and strongest clones and probably intimidating) and suggests that PPM was used for reference, but it is not certain.

Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 2040 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 136  Next