View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 987 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66  Next
 The Pelian Army *Update: Jun. 22nd '12* 

Post Re: The Pelian Army *Update: Nov. 14th '11*
So how is the update coming along? :D

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:51 pm

Very slowly at the moment, don't really have much time outside of exam preparations (for tomorrow) and MY BIRTHDAY (today). Bloody great timing, i say. :|

Apart from that, it's only really the axe that remains unfinished. If anyone knows of either a specific sound effect suitable for a plasma axe hacking into flesh or a place where i could get one, that'd be stellar and much appreciated. I'm running out of sound effects myself. :c

On a different note, i'm glad to see there's still some interest in this. I admit that i was starting to wonder whether people were starting to lose interest (which wouldn't be surprising, what with all these awesome new mods popping up), however shallow it might sound. Oh well lol, back to studying, blargh.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:37 pm
Profile WWW

Happy birthday! :grin:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:00 pm

Shook wrote:
Very slowly at the moment, don't really have much time outside of exam preparations (for tomorrow) and MY BIRTHDAY (today). Bloody great timing, i say. :|

Apart from that, it's only really the axe that remains unfinished. If anyone knows of either a specific sound effect suitable for a plasma axe hacking into flesh or a place where i could get one, that'd be stellar and much appreciated. I'm running out of sound effects myself. :c

On a different note, i'm glad to see there's still some interest in this. I admit that i was starting to wonder whether people were starting to lose interest (which wouldn't be surprising, what with all these awesome new mods popping up), however shallow it might sound. Oh well lol, back to studying, blargh.

It is my favorite mod along with crobos, I tend to like actor packs where the tank character can actually take more then 3 pistol shots, plus the weapons are awesome.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:46 pm

Drew this along with other stuff since I starting posting Ronin stuff. I wanted to draw stuff form big mods, and one of those that first popped up in my mind is the Pelian Army.

I am personally not very interested in this mod, but I think this mod has been around long enough to achieve some sort of status. This is my support :)

Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:03 am

Oh my goodness, that looks way more awesome than any mental images i ever had of them! Epic drawing skills, i'm really flattered, thank you so much! c:

@Blaze80: Along with the crobos!? That's quite a comparison, thanks! And yeah, i likewise prefer my heavies to be... Well, HEAVY. Not just "can take a few more bullets" heavy, but "requires sustained fire from heavy machine gun" heavy. "Can take a few more bullets" is reserved for mediums.
Also, i somehow managed to completely overlook your post after smithno's, sorry 'bout that. Anyhoo, i'm probably not going to make a super mega hand cannon for these guys, since headsplosions are primarily reserved for the Hammer and Decapitator. Both are quite capable of taking off vanilla heads (not sure about the browncoats, but everything pre-B27 is fair game). Digger and brainbot are both possible, though the vanilla diggers typically perform well enough. Brainbot... Well, i just don't know how to distinguish it from the others, or how it should look. Oh well, i'll probably think of something.

@Gotcha: Thanks! c:

No real news, i've been pretty busy with other things. Might as well stop trying to put a date on the update, since it's unlikely to be true. The request for axechopsound is still hanging, though obviously i'll be looking myself as well.

Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:28 pm
Profile WWW

OKAY, so it's mostly done now, just need to get it fully running in campaign mode (crashed during attack phase, likely because of an error i fixed shortly after). However, given that i have an exam on friday, i'm probably not going to work on this till after i'm done with the exam.

just sayin'

Also the axe works nicely now thanks to auditory contributions from Gotcha. c:

Random thought: Perhaps the Destroyer should be more effective in the hands of an Assault Robot? Or maybe less effective in the hands of everything else? MAYBE BOTH? It kind of needs something to put it above the gatling gun in terms of firepower, since it's supposed to be more powerful.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:52 pm
Profile WWW

If you can manage making a gun more powerful when in the hands of its rightful owner, then that would be a perfect solution to reduce its effectivity in the hands of those who shouldn't be the ones touching it.

If you can pull this off then you'd be gawdly brilliant. O_o

Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:37 pm

Simple; handle all bullet shooting/generation/etc. with Lua, with the magazine full of 'dummy' rounds. Check the wielder name when firing. If it's in the hands of the correct actor, shoot Bullet A. If it's not, shoot Bullet B. Or just don't do anything. :)

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:40 am
Profile YIM

Well, that's one way to do it. I was thinking more of giving it a higher rate of fire (and maybe magazine capacity) when in the hands of the Assault Robot (on the basis of it being able to control the increased dakka), since that'd be quite simple. But, that'll be for tomorrow.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:44 pm
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Arcalane wrote:
Simple; handle all bullet shooting/generation/etc. with Lua, with the magazine full of 'dummy' rounds. Check the wielder name when firing. If it's in the hands of the correct actor, shoot Bullet A. If it's not, shoot Bullet B. Or just don't do anything. :)
Even easiler, just have another mag filled with more powerful bullets you swap to when that actor's in control of the gun.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:20 pm

That's another way as well. The main problem with that is that the gun will need reloading when a compatible/incompatible actor is detected, which feels clumsy. I'm probably just going to go with the increased capacity + dakka, since it'll serve the same purpose. Not to mention that one can't argue with MORE BOOLITS. Doesn't make sense from a physical standpoint that a magazine can carry more boolits when held by a certain actor, but then again, i never really did care that much about realistic physics in modding. :U

Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:56 pm
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

I still think you should give him different magazines atleast, maybe drum mags.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:38 pm

Post Re: The Pelian Army *Update: Jun. 22nd '12*
Well, they'd certainly look better. Hell, the gun just NEEDS drum mags because these ones look fugly. That's on my definite to-do list for the next small-scale update.

Also hey look a metagame compatibility update!! Changelog:
- Metagame compatible (i think, might be some kinks)
- Assault Robot is slightly lighter
- Heavy Soldier wounds should bleed for a shorter time
- Plasma Axe functionality revamped, now chops off individual limbs
- Destroyer now sucks when wielded by soldiers, yet rocks the hell out when used by the Assault Robot (read: much higher RoF, double ammo capacity)
- Assault Rifle sniper mode now doesn't suck as much
- Gold prices tweaked
- Few bug fixes
- NEW LOGO

Possibly a bit more. Note that these guys DO NOT have a separate brain bot. Might get to that eventually. Also note that you'll probably want to place turrets manually, since it's unlikely that the AI could do that properly.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:56 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: The Pelian Army *Update: Jun. 22nd '12*
Sprites have changed?

Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 987 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66  Next