View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 [WIP]Ragnar's army old now new! Updated 8/15/09! 

Post [WIP]Ragnar's army old now new! Updated 8/15/09!
UPDATED - made some fixes and added a activities.
Thanks to amsrobotics steampunk is back in the world of Cortex Command! This is a gathering of old (and some new WIP) steampunk mods that are being updated, upgraded, and has a lot of improvments...well soon a lot but now more like some small ones.

Ragnar - This was Dragster idea I did most of the coding he just fixed some of the offsets -that was the build 20 version I have improved the gibing and some fixes in the code. He has no weapon, at some point I would like to add Lua code(if I learn it or can get someone to make it.) to have him grab actors and toss them at high speeds as a weapon :lol: ...or a punch, any ideas for weapons are welcome! For improvements a complete re-shading of his shell and maybe a weak point like the furnace on his back.
Story - Ragnar is a robot that has become a sentient being trough out the ages, and has amassed huge amounts of resources such as Ruston and gold over the decades allowing him to begin and maintain a working army in the goal of gathering as many resources as possible and developing the most advanced steam powered empire in the universe!

Herbert Buckle - is my steampunk name that was generated on brass goggles. I made him in build 18 with the help of Dragster but with the changes and additions made in Build 19, He was remade with body armor increased hight, and a big update to his gun the 3 slot. (now is broke since a update ) I plan to redo his gun completely or ditch it and make a new weapon. He needs a new hat and boots, maybe redo his torso and head, a complete re-shading is in order for his armor.
Story - Herbert Buckle is a inventor and does maintenance to all or Ragnar's Troops, He leads the Repair and Research division of Ragnar's army.

Magnus - is all Dragsters doing I have just updated him and have added some improvements and made his gun. I will be fixing up Magnus the same way I am Ragnar.
Story - Magnus was made after the order from Ragnar for a mass produced unit for use as the basis of the main part of his army. It's covered in a shell made from the same material as Ragnar.

Deadbolt - My Idea, Dragster sprites, and my fav unit :) . He has had a complete reworking and now has a weapon. Only a few things left to do to Deadbolt like making a frame , and my fav idea if his "mask" is shot off you will see his furnace which will be his head and if destroyed he dies in a blast of steam, smoke, fire, shrapnel, and will spawn a small boiler that can be used as a grenade that explodes in to a blast of burning water and steam!
Story - Deadbolt is the name of this robotic suit designed by Herbert Buckle. If you look at it you can see the faceplate is a welding mask designed for use in the repair bay but is suitable for combat. The torso and head are completely made from pure Ruston. The legs, and arms were reused from the design of Magnus.

S-1 or Steamwalker - This is all MrEvilponi's work I have just updated and enhanced it. I want to improve it's gun and make the smoke stack work.
Story - People who joined Ragnar in his quest for riches or for there own desire for power.

there are more units in the works, a scene, and balancing just posting these here now for feedback and for you to try and enjoy them :P

Attachments:
Ragnar's Army WIP.zip [1.59 MiB]
Downloaded 2095 times

Last edited by gtaiiilc on Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:05 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: [WIP]Ragnar's army old now new!
the unit in the far right of the picture's jetpack is a bit too weak.
and the repair bot's legs seem to like randomly giving up on me when in a bunker
the sprites are pretty well done your weapons so far are pretty OP otherwise pretty good.

Last edited by sock on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:35 am

Looking good, I've got to go mak 'em them fight a Panzor and Steam howitzer.
I absolutely love steampunk, if I were better at spriting this is certainly the style I'd be picking up.

But you know, now that Ragnar has an army worked up, he's gonna need some transport.
These clanks aren't gonna get around fast on their own. :)

Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:37 am

Great, I love it. Though the sprites will all need some work, mainly detail-wise. I just love big fat hulking steam robots :)

Balance-wise, the jetpacks are too strong. I imagine such a fat robot would lift off slowly.

Also, the jet packs have a very long kill range. I basically go prone then fart hot steam into enemies' faces to kill them, which is not that balanced. Unless it's a feature. (And someone should take the same concept to make actual built-in weapons for actors)

Finally the fat robot eats terrain too much, and it shouldn't.

Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:23 pm

Yes more steamy goodness I love me some good old fashion steam.

Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:49 pm

Can someone make an activities out of this?
I can't get it to work for this mod for some reason.

Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:53 pm

The Decaying Soldat wrote:
Balance-wise, the jetpacks are too strong. I imagine such a fat robot would lift off slowly.

Also, the jet packs have a very long kill range. I basically go prone then fart hot steam into enemies' faces to kill them, which is not that balanced. Unless it's a feature. (And someone should take the same concept to make actual built-in weapons for actors)

Finally the fat robot eats terrain too much, and it shouldn't.

Ya I made it so the steam could be used as a weapon since Ragnar has none and steam is well VERY hot and to make a flight pack out of it one would think it would be under a lot of pressure! but ya I need to lower the lift of power Ragnar and Magnus ( Deadbolt worked in the repair bay so I think he would need a strong lift to move parts and to just get around the workshop fast) and as for Herbert's since he is not a robot he does not have a boiler and furnace built it to him :wink: so it's all in his steampack thats why he lifts off so fast and spits out smoke and sparks. I would like at some point the make his steampack be wellll less reliable like it will start to sputter then fail or go in to over drive and send him into orbit :twisted: but I don't know Lua and don't even know if I can at the moment.

and ya Ragnar has a bad habit to sink in to the ground I didn't really notice that since I normally just use him to body slame clones :P but I will fix that soon.

Boba_Fett wrote:
Can someone make an activities out of this?
I can't get it to work for this mod for some reason.

I think thats suicide but sure I added one

Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:04 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: [WIP]Ragnar's army old now new! Updated 8/15/09!
Unfortunately, Ragnar's Army does not work with 1.0
You probably know this but just reporting.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]