View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:42 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 158  Next
 DarkStorm Military Technologies - Updated 6/11/09 

Post Re: DarKlone Technologies NEW - Updated 5/26/08
I see how it CAN look like a wizard hat, but theres other things to associate it with =P

Wed May 28, 2008 12:02 pm

Like Megaman X, or penises.

Wed May 28, 2008 12:22 pm

Winterous wrote:
Like Megaman X, or penises.

This suddenly makes me want to make the shock cannon arm-mounted.

This has nothing to do with penises.

Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
Profile YIM

Location: In a Lab deep underground researching the secrets of tha whoop
Please don't make a arm mounted penis

Wed May 28, 2008 3:33 pm

The clones themselves are quite nice, fly good, not too über (like the previous heavy one).
I found 1 thing missing in the file, The droppod wasn´t there :shock: . so i HAD to put it in. Also I thought it was a shame that the flamethrowere wasn´t activated in the first place.
nice work though, the cutting in the arsenal was needed and after my little changes (pod, flamethrower, RPGL) it was really great.

it's fun to kill Crobos with DarKlones

Kowie654 wrote:

spewing forth white ammo?
better not :-(
would be commented out in no time :grin:

Wed May 28, 2008 3:41 pm

That's honestly all that it says, i'm running the old DK activities alongside it.

Darlos9D wrote:
The Fat Sand Rat wrote:
Bitchin' keen. I love the more standardized look the weapons have- now it's less like the designs were subcontracted out and more like they were designed so that accessories from one gun could be switched to another within seconds.
Can't wait to see the new sniper.

That'll be a B21 thing. I want to do scopes right.

wutangfan1990 wrote:
I'm getting an error in line 5 of the index.ini in reference to the combat knife.

Well, what does the error say? Its odd that only you have gotten it, since I haven't changed the .rte at all since the initial upload.

Wed May 28, 2008 4:06 pm
Profile WWW

wutangfan1990 wrote:
That's honestly all that it says, i'm running the old DK activities alongside it.

Darlos9D wrote:
The Fat Sand Rat wrote:
Bitchin' keen. I love the more standardized look the weapons have- now it's less like the designs were subcontracted out and more like they were designed so that accessories from one gun could be switched to another within seconds.
Can't wait to see the new sniper.

That'll be a B21 thing. I want to do scopes right.

wutangfan1990 wrote:
I'm getting an error in line 5 of the index.ini in reference to the combat knife.

Well, what does the error say? Its odd that only you have gotten it, since I haven't changed the .rte at all since the initial upload.

Uh... yeah. Run regular activities, or customize your own. The old one is outdated completely.

Wed May 28, 2008 7:50 pm
Profile YIM

Kickawesome, I love the new weapons. But one thing you need; all you have so far are soldiers and drones- make some huge mech commandos :O Not as big as an MPAM or anything, but just larger then the standard units and a lot more powerful. Give it bigger weapons that deal more damage, the kind that are usually on vehicles and that would blow your arm off if a normal human tried to fire them.

EDIT: As mechs don't really fit in with the 'fleshie to the max' standard of the Darklones, just make a "biologically enhanced and grown" Goliath of a Darklone soldier. Maybe add some kind of cybernetic armor and a kick-ass mask.

Wed May 28, 2008 10:27 pm

Finally, the Darklones have armor!
The sprites are awesome, I must say. Thnaks for that :3

Wed May 28, 2008 10:36 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:
Kickawesome, I love the new weapons. But one thing you need; all you have so far are soldiers and drones- make some huge mech commandos :O Not as big as an MPAM or anything, but just larger then the standard units and a lot more powerful. Give it bigger weapons that deal more damage, the kind that are usually on vehicles and that would blow your arm off if a normal human tried to fire them.

EDIT: As mechs don't really fit in with the 'fleshie to the max' standard of the Darklones, just make a "biologically enhanced and grown" Goliath of a Darklone soldier. Maybe add some kind of cybernetic armor and a kick-ass mask.

I want to go for sort of an Evangelion thing if I ever make something mech-like, and the reason for that is because they're actually big humanoids in armor. So yeah, it'd be kinda like that.

Okay guys, I want to make the flamethrower next, and I'll probably do it before B21. BUT I have some neat ideas for it when B21 does roll around. First, it'll have two separate canisters: propellant and fuel. Either one will be able to run out separately. Also, with the inception of these new "sticky particles," I was thinking of the flamethrower having one of two fuels: either a very hot jet fuel that burns away quickly, or a not-quite-so-hot slow-burning napalm that you can stick to surfaces. Sound cool? (or should I say hot lololololol)

The jet fuel will probably make blue flames, heh.

Wed May 28, 2008 11:04 pm
Profile YIM

Once we have B21 and Sticky Particles and lua, you should look into some Darklone napalm grenades. Toss one in a hallway, BOOM!, and now it's covered with a slow-burning napalm, making passage impossible. Or concrete to really make it hard to get out.

Thu May 29, 2008 12:55 am

Well guys, I spent all damn day trying to make a flamethrower, and I couldn't figure out how to get it to work AND animate it nicely. I think it'll have to stay on the drawing board until B21.

So in the meantime, I'll make the incendiary shotgun and the shock cannon.

Thu May 29, 2008 7:57 am
Profile YIM

my advice with your mech, considering how pro-organic soldiers you are, is NOT to genetically modify some sort of abomination, which is actually fairly anti-organic soldier when you think about it (by pro-organic soldier, it usually means that they're superior to robots as they're trained, but a giant lobotomised guerilla is hard to train).
I'd go for a veteran who has been wounded in combat to the point where he can't fight in standard darklone kit and needs support. Ie '♥♥♥♥, I have no leg, how about you make me a giant robotic one which intergrates with my nerves?'
kind of WH40K Space marine style I spose.

it's not original, but it makes sense. DarKlones wouldn't want to waste vets who are more experienced than most soldiers.

also, I feel your pain with the flame thrower. animating effects is a bastard, and I can imagine programming a flamethrower that doesn't lag but still behaves like a flame thrower is tough. good luck, and I won't hold it against you if you wait for next build.

Thu May 29, 2008 8:55 am

Kowie654 wrote:

GHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH~!!

Thu May 29, 2008 9:54 am

I'm sure at one point TrouserDemon said he was going to make a penis cannon.
I believe he stopped though.

Thu May 29, 2008 10:15 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 2362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 158  Next