View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Starship Troopers Mod 

Post Re: Starship Troopers Mod
Did you use the proper CC palette? Open up practically any sprite in any base content or mod, then do Save As as the new file you want. Then just clear it off, re-size it, and sprite the gun. If you don't use the proper CC palette, you end up with colorful bars in-game as you described.

I think when I get home today I might offer up some sprites of my own, if you don't mind. I love the Morita.

Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:56 pm
Profile YIM

Re-sprites worked on the carbine and the assault. for some reason all the magneta in the sniper rifle turned to white in-game. kinda unhelpful. An explanation would be appreciated.

Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:38 pm

Ulac wrote:
Re-sprites worked on the carbine and the assault. for some reason all the magneta in the sniper rifle turned to white in-game. kinda unhelpful. An explanation would be appreciated.

Are. You. Using. The. CC. Palette?

Answer this question, yes or no.

Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:07 pm
Profile YIM

Darlos9D wrote:
Ulac wrote:

Darlos just assume he didn't and tell him what to do I really want this mod back on track and not de-railed "like mine" I just couldn't get the template to work in game along with the regeneration

Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:20 am

zeno39 wrote:
Darlos9D wrote:
Ulac wrote:

Darlos just assume he didn't and tell him what to do I really want this mod back on track and not de-railed "like mine" I just couldn't get the template to work in game along with the regeneration

I DID tell him what to do two posts ago. He needs to open his eyes.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:07 pm
Profile YIM

I did use the palette. the other two guns (which share colours) work fine. Also, is there a way of making a melee weapon for the warrior bugs to use (in place of just standing on actors to kill them)

Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:53 pm

The first bugs sprites are (badly) finished. attached is a rough mock up of what it should like when pieced together. anyone who can help me code the bastard step forward now. seriously. its gonna need to be an actor and i can't even code a clone. Help (not it done for me) would be appreicated. Over PM or Post.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:00 pm

You can always do what Darlos did with his Darkclone oops I mean Darkstorm melee for the knife all he had was a flash of the blade swing and for his [fist weapon he used a quick flash to simulate a punching motion do]<-this one
and for the bits and pieces that fall off the bug when shot wait that's nothing new just slap some gibs on it just like any other CC mod

Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:17 pm

What he said. Obviously this will be an ACrab. ACrabs can only have one weapon, and they can't drop it. So just make it a weapon that fires a short-ranged projectile, and give it some kind of fancy effect to make it seem like its stabbing or swiping its claws quickly. In the past this has been done by having invisible projectiles and muzzle flashes that look like blurred swipes, but these days you can also make projectiles that face in the direction you fired them. Though really the first method would probably be better in this case.

Oh yeah, and go ahead and upload the code for the gun you're having the image problems with. Also, upload the image. I want to look at both of them.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:04 am
Profile YIM

right. all 3 moritas (almost) finished. sprites and most of the coding is done, although the support and magazine offsets are proving tricky. for some reason the rifles will shoot through a bunker, but won't kill an actor after shooting him in the head. i suspect that the sharpness is responsible for this. anyhoo, here's the 3 guns. advice with regards to balancing issues would be appreciated. also, is there a limit for the position of the support offset?

contructive critisicm and patience would be helpful here.

Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:47 pm

Ulac wrote:
right. all 3 moritas (almost) finished. sprites and most of the coding is done, although the support and magazine offsets are proving tricky. for some reason the rifles will shoot through a bunker, but won't kill an actor after shooting him in the head. i suspect that the sharpness is responsible for this. anyhoo, here's the 3 guns. advice with regards to balancing issues would be appreciated. also, is there a limit for the position of the support offset?

contructive critisicm and patience would be helpful here.

High sharpness != more damage. Damage is calculated by the pre-programmed wounds of the victim, not the weapon itself. Making it sharper just increases the chances the bullet will make both an entry and an exit wound. Most of the actors actually don't die from getting shot all the way through the head once. You usually gotta do it twice.

And for the love of pete, as I explained before, the Morita shouldn't be super-powerful anyway. It really shouldn't surpass the effectiveness of any vanilla CC assault rifles. Though I guess if you want to create some overpowered gun, its up to you.

Edit: Okay, first of all, you need an index.ini for your mod to work. Look at other mods and see how they do it. Secondly, you don't need to copy the casing and muzzle flash images from Base.rte into your mod folder. You can just reference the ones that Base.rte already has. Heck, you can reference the already coded muzzle flash code from Base.rte. Look in Base.rte/Effects/Pyro/Pyro.ini. The muzzle flashes are already pre-coded in there. I think the casings are also pre-coded in Base.rte/Ammo.ini.

And those sprites are hardly what I'd call "done."

Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:06 am
Profile YIM

Okay I know these guns were made to kill deadly Giant human slicing super bugs, but... Christ! man it cut through my bunker like paper. Though I kind of agree with Darlos on the sheer power of the "Morita" though I feel it should at least be able to put down a clone with one head shot "strait through the head of course."

Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:20 am

Of course, if you weren't already planning it, you should make a custom activities of the arachnid type bugs in star ship troopers that use melee claw weapons. I've always wanted a star ship troopers mod, and cortex feels so right for it.

Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:06 am

zeno39 wrote:
Okay I know these guns were made to kill deadly Giant human slicing super bugs, but... Christ! man it cut through my bunker like paper. Though I kind of agree with Darlos on the sheer power of the "Morita" though I feel it should at least be able to put down a clone with one head shot "strait through the head of course."

That'd require it to fire two bullets per shot, basically. Which again is ridiculous. It's firing 5.56mm rounds. Those are small.

Also, I don't think they were developed specifically for fighting bugs.

Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:36 am
Profile YIM

thats precisely my point. I wasn't trying to make it overpowered, as such, and so what would be a good level of sharpness and velocity? its not finished, hence why it was in mod making not mod releases.

Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next