View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:03 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27  Next
 =Alteisen Arsenal Labs 3rd= ))AAL Product 

Post Re: =Alteisen Arsenal Labs 3rd= ))AAL Product
Well, I played it and I guess i'm kinda dissapointed, even though it is a great mod.
Heres what I found:
-Tank: Maybe not a bad thing, but its annoying to see the hover tank "walk".
Also, the jetpack kinda sucks, but that should be normal, considering its a tank and all.
-Rockets: This is what im most disappointed at. The legs dont work, and the big rocket takes damage from landing. Softly. Also, the legs are way to big.
-Pilots: Overall very good, except for the thermal energy rifle. 'Twas a good weapon, but with ugly effects. I dont like shooting upwars with it :roll:
-Marines: The aiming; Its horrible. The weapons are good, but it isnt good when a enemy gets right above you and starts firing on your head and you have no way to get him. Also, the feet. There just weird. Oh ya, and the sniper. The laser aims both ways, So when i'm targeting a rocket on one side, the other laser thingy aims at my other marine, who goes schizo and blows my snipers head out.
-Slayer: I like just about everything on this guy except for the dual welding and the legs. Why are his legs bent forward? It just looks weird, and its also kinda bad when he just stands still, and the legs kinda retract into him. For the dual welding, I just think that having two rifles like that is kinda overpowered, considering the rest of the pack.
-Runners: Pretty good, nothing too bad to say with these guys, other then the legs. The legs are kinda weird, but in no particular way.
-MPAM: Again with the legs. The legs on this behemoth are not so bad, but its defiantly not good. The weapons are okay, but you are going old-school and using the old way to make lasers. MAKE NEW LAZORS DANGIT!!!!
-Freighter: Great overall, but the engines don't fit in with the craft.
-Materializer: Nothing bad to say about this, other than its a square.
-TTR: Beautiful, I like the timer it has, and the explosion makes a nice big whole.
-TIC: I like, but its not a superweapon as far as i'm concerned.
-Harvester, Reaper: Haven't tried these yet, so I can say nothing about them.
-TGS: I like these, but the observer blocks are too weak, as in they blow up from just about nothing.
-Reactor: Good, but the shielding doesn't really work.
-NovaStar: Too weak? I don't like seing the shell score a completely horizontal shot on a dummy dropship, and bounce off harmlessly. Also, I have seen it deflected by:
1. A coalition helmet
2. A riot shield
3. Ground
4. A marine
5. A MPAM's chest
6. And a single black pixel.
-Amber Turret: Good overall, haven't tried the mega one though.
-Digger/Propulsion device thingy: Good as the propulsion thing, but it is bad for a digger.
-Bunker tiles: Good, but like the other dude said, Needs prebuilt parts. The doors are also kinda weak.
-The rest: I like, but they dont count becuase they are not part of the true AAL.
Also, I did not try the activities. Sorry.
So, heres my score I give to you:

Content: 9/10
Bunker: 8/10
Craft: 8/10
Soldiers: 7.5/10
Fun: 9.5/10
Balanced: 6/10 (I haven't tried the activities, but it was okay fighting vanilla actors.
Total: 42/60 - A really great mod, but it does have its flaws.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:55 am

I like the TGS. I make ridiculous corridoors with U bends periodically so I can add more lasers for redundancy. As of yet, nobody has survived the corridoor even though it's the only base defence on Death difficulty on various Activities... Long shafts help to protect the Blocks.
And the Novastar does shoot rather slow moving projectiles for the size of it....

Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:52 am
Profile WWW

Yay, finally, DLing now I'll post feedback when I'm done.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:08 am
Profile WWW

Quote:
Cant control pilots!? : C

Quote:
=Pilots=
Pilots are the light and sneaky soldiers of AAL that
control most of the vehicles in the AAL arsenal.
This means if a major AAL vehicle is destroyed,
a pilot capsule will be ejected and the pilot inside
will turn rogue and attack anyone
he will stumble upon.

That part was intended. You didnt realize that they can be only set to be controllable for one team only, did ya? It'd ♥♥♥♥ up multiplayer and this solution adds a bit more excitement.

Solace wrote:
EDIT: Oh, and it'd be cool if the muzzleflash-lazers where widebeam lazers, but I can see how it could be an artistic decision.

Those lasers have serious flaws in them. The reason that I didnt use them is that they are potent to destroy your own gun if youre moving too fast and decide to fire. Another reason is extra firepower.

People wrote:
Wtf novastar's cannon too weak

Hehe, I kinda expected that. It was even more weaker before and the reason its no any more powerful than that because it would dive into the terrain too easily. This was an issue when the cannon had quite more power.

Besides, it can kill most vanilla things in one shot and it gives you a fighting chance incase youre going up agaisnt it. So its powerful enough imo.

Btw oops no OrientToVel. :p

People wrote:
ASDASDASD LEGS

Theyre good enough and they work decently. Aka I'm lazy.

People wrote:
GGRAGHGH STD Takes forever to reload

Reduce power? HELL NO.
The reload is there for a reason, its there so that the player wouldnt go around annihiliating stuff and reloading the gun quickly on the run. Instead, remember that CC is about bases and multiple troops. When you run out of ammo on the STD, you get the Slayer safe in to your base and set him to reload like a standard superweapon in RTS games. And there is absolutely NO way I'm gonna make it weaker. Return the slayer to safety and reload his gun, and use other units while he does that.

People wrote:
Bunkers too slow to build with that system

Quote:
You can either make a detailed bunker using the edge
modules or simply make a quick bunker using the blocks
on the first row.

Aka like this:

And finally sorry macs, forgot to fix it for you guys.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:43 am

I really like the tank, very fun to smash my friend's base defenses to bits with a pair of the monsters.

I am quite satisfied by the pack as a whole, and now that you mention the thing about the super-long reload times it seems perfectly fair. However; my only 2 complaints are small ones; The tank sorta needs a small "coax" gun (and possibly a gun with AP ammo because I would also like to punch holes in bunkers), and that things should be able to more easily shoot straight above themselves. Otherwise I love this mod pack.

I still can't get over the fun of workable armored warfare....

Hamburgler wrote:
...one Linear Cannon particle-crawler of death versus 4 or 5 T-300 light tanks was glorious for all the right reasons.

What is this T-300 of which you speak, I can't find it anywhere...

Last edited by AlphaCommando on Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:27 am

If people are so pissed off about the reload times, the lack of orienttovel and the lack of novastar shell power, it's a one minute edit, two minutes tops.
If people actually don't know how to do it then I'll explain.

1) Goto Cortex Command/AAL.rte/Base/Novastar/Weapons.ini
2) Scroll down to
Code:
AddAmmo = MOSRotating
   PresetName = NovaStar Slug

3) Replace the number on the line directly below it with a higher number
4) Add
Code:
   OrientToVel = 0.6

Anywhere around there
5) Scroll down to
Code:
   AddEmission = Emission
      EmittedParticle = MOSRotating
         CopyOf = NovaStar Slug

6) Replace the MinVelocity and MaxVelocity to higher numbers, preferably the same numbers.

1) Goto Cortex Command/AAL.rte/Device/Weapon/Pilot/TIC.ini
2) Scroll down to
Code:
AddDevice = HDFirearm
   InstanceName = TIC
   AddToGroup = Weapons

3) Scroll down to find "ReloadTime"
4) Change this to a lower number

1) Goto Cortex Command/AAL.rte/Device/Weapon/Slayer/STD.ini No, it's not funny
2) Scroll down to
Code:
AddDevice = HDFirearm
   InstanceName = STD
   AddToGroup = Weapons

3) Scroll down to find "ReloadTime"
4) Change this to a lower number

Try again, and watch in horror as the terrain quickly becomes unplayable, the ridiculous weapons you have suck the life out of the game and realise exactly why the values were what they were.

Last edited by 411570N3 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:40 am
Profile WWW
Banned

Indeed, you did forget to fix it, though the slayer is the first problem I've had. I'll comment that out, and the antimass since it never worked anyway and get back to you.
Having loads of problems just loading because the slayer is EVERYWHERE.
SUCCESS! LOADED! FIX THE SLAYER!
Noted that you're using the old TER rifle. YAY!
Also, ANITMASS WORKS! YAAAAY...
Excuse my caps.
The slayer is the only problem. Also, can you include the strike raven, as it would go perfectly with the sprites here.

Last edited by Bladecat4 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:52 am

asdasd ajwhasd

no one told me this was out.

E:

I am asking.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:29 am

Kallemort wrote:
asdasd ajwhasd

E:

-snip-

I am asking.

No youre not.

I'm making a ModDB entry for this mod, hopefully that'll attract some more people into CC.

EDIT: http://www.moddb.com/mods/alteisen-arsenal-labs-faction

Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:42 am

numgun wrote:
Kallemort wrote:
asdasd ajwhasd

E:

-snip-

I am asking.

No youre not

Damn you.

Well, uh the marine aim angle is pretty annoying, you can't fly above an MPAM and gut it with a well timed laser shot anymore. Since you can't aim down.
Which sucks.

damn my spelling

Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:11 pm

Hell yeah.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:29 pm

Pure epic. Thanks for releasing before B23!

The Linear moves... interestingly. What I expected was something like the DarKlone hover tank, and seeing those 'legs' move kinda weirded me out.

Another thing I couldn't help noticing were the bunker modules. What you currently have is just a bunch of walls and empty spaces that you can combine to make modules, but that's just adding more work into bunker building. You should make modules like the ones that come with CC.

Overall, I'm pretty sure I'll use these guys ALOT in the future, both as enemies and my own troops. I'll give A++!!

(Ps. The Split Launcher is the most epic penis extension I've ever had. :D)

Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:57 pm
Profile WWW

Yeah, the split launcher is epic. I was thinking, would you be able to do something like the rockets from mecha? What I mean is, the ones that fly around wildly before going straight for the opponent when in a certain proximity. So what I'm thinking is rockets that randomly gib into other rockets, each rocket with a different thrust angle and an invisible particle at the same speed but going exactly straight. When that one collides all the rockets go straight at the collision. Is this possible? That would be exactly one order of magnitude of epic up from the split launcher. That's epic^ridiculous to epic^ridiculous^awesome... =)

Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:07 pm
Profile WWW

If the old AAL was awensome, then there is no words descripting this.

Good job numgun!! :smile:

Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:42 pm

excellent job old chap, I'm sure I'll be raiding your .inis for craft code soon enough

Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:05 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27  Next