View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:43 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 27  Next
 =Alteisen Arsenal Labs 3rd= ))AAL Product 

Post Re: =Alteisen Arsenal Labs 3rd= ))AAL Product
Whenever I add this mod it gives me the "send error report" popup and closes CC.

It's not even an error with the index.ini, which was what it used to be. Now it's just plain crashing.

Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:58 am

i lol'd, because i thought the same thing.
the moving legs on the tank is a little strange. but after playing for a long time, heres some critique before i go play momentum mountain:
all your smaller units are really, really well done in almost all regards. here's the positives
  • The pilots are perfect except for their ugly face sprites. the helmets and armour and beautiful, the walkpaths work, everything that should be animated is done well, and the jets look cool. i'd suggest making the jump pack look a little different though, maybe with a trail in the direction you're jumping. it seems a bit boring at the moment.
  • All the small arms are damn well done. My favorites are the bomber's weapons: the exploding slugs and the ridiculously cool missile. the effects were great.
  • The gore system is pretty good for the most part, and keeps lag down. i like the smaller MOSPs (or are they MOSRs?) a lot more than the larger ones though, but whatever. it was nice to have something different.
  • The small infantry superweapon is incredible. The reload was pretty much spot on and it really gives an impression of power. maybe make the terrain damage a little more interesting with some smaller MOSR particles, but it was great.
  • The turrets are really well done, besides the novastar's slugs. i'll get onto that soon. the shield systems were brilliant though, the regen on the amber was maybe a little high..
  • The effects overall were pretty good, and the tank's cannon explosion was very cool. there were some negative factors though.. again, i'll get onto that in a minute.
  • The marines and slayer felt really powerful. The only thing to fix are the retarded log-legs, and their faces. srsly, those faces are wierd. you could just have a human face with a balaclava and some occular enhancement or something.
  • The "Ready to Fire" glow was a neat gimmick, and helpful when you were dodging bullets waiting to be able to blow your attackers away.
  • The Sword was win, as was the fact that i could slowly float upwards with the digger through terrain.
  • Thermal Grid System is really well done, you can really make a mess of the map if you leave the absorbers out though XD
  • The Reactor was a really, really cool thing to play against and to defend.
  • The Runners are quick and handy, the only bad thing i noticed was the footgroups seemed a tad off at times. again, regen seemed a bit too fast..
  • Tactical Nuke! Win!
  • Those grenades are really good.
As you can see, i liked a lot about this mod. Here is the negative side, which i will go into more detail over:
  • Craft gibs were.. missing. this is a big no-no for me, i really like everything to break up well. even for things like the harvester, some residue should be left behind. i realise making gibs for so many things is time consuming, but the fact that there arent any really keeps me from loving the craft. in just about everything else, the gibbing was fine/great.
  • The MPAM. I've never really liked it, and it still feels unpolished. for christsake the footgroups were almost a whole foot in front of where they should've been most of the time! walk over some debris to see what i mean. the gibs were great for this, but the overall unpolishedness of it made me dislike it. the shotgun-weapon's initial bullets just vanish! Not even a puff or anything.. Almost all of its weapons raped terrain in ugly ways, including the noobish (IMO) *star of damage* effect, where many lines appear in the terrain from oversharp particles. Not good! One or two of these particles is alright, for piercing walls and whatever. but a ring of them is lazy. i was hoping you would have pulled it around, but it still feels like an early WIP for everything except for the sprites.
  • The walkpaths on the heavier units (bar the tank, that moved pretty well) made me cringe. the legs are still logs, and barely even get behind the body. move the startoffset back a bit, and make the path end much further behind the unit. you should have it so at the beginning of the path the knee is slightly bent, then straight while coming down and under the unit. when it goes back to starting it will bend again. surely you could just take the default walkpaths and add a few values to both the X and Y, or something. they still arent great. The pathing is better on the MPAM, but the feet need better animation frames.
    Sorry if that seems a little harsh, but it needs to be addressed, as darlos.. conveyed.
  • The bunkers take ages to place, and end up being very expensive. Not that much of a setback for those of us with time, but setting up a skirmish would be hell if you were in a rush or had the demo. I know that's why the bases exist, but some prefab tunnel modules would be appreciated.
  • OrientToVel on the novastar slug XD
  • All this yellowy metal ♥♥♥♥ that ends up all over my map. Its really ugly o_0; this is especially noticeable with the novastar slug. Maybe if you make it gib into some fragments of the metal as a casing and some greyer internal structures it will blend in more, but as it is.. well, its ugly. The MPAM bullet casings do the same thing.
  • The Cargo Rocket does seem to tip over too easily, and take too much ground-based damage when holding much cargo (ironically). maybe raise the mass a little and pump up the impulsedamagethreshold (or is it limit?). it actually looks better than i expected though.
♥♥♥♥ that took a while to write out.
momentum mountain and dinner! go!

Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:13 am
Profile WWW

Very, very good mod. The only problem I have is that when any Marine is within line of sight of my brain, they fire on it until it is dead. Has anyone else encountered this?

Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:31 am

Don't even get me started on Numgun and gibbing. Either the crafts don't have detailed gibs, or this mod advances to 15 megabytes.

He has 250 freaking lines in the Items.ini in the Missions.rte alone dedicated to what the zombie generator gibs. Talk about overkill.
(unless bubs did that part...)

Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:01 am
Profile WWW

Capnubs and numgun both go overkill with the modding. I really want those smaller file formats and mod caching so it isn't such a big deal.

Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:12 am

*cough* loading times get better after the first load of the day because mods are cached to ram already *cough*
i agree fully about the smaller filesizes, but ohwell. indexed .bmp isnt that big a dead.
250 gib lines is a lot, but the generator does gib beautifully. i assume you arent counting all the MOSR declarations in that either, because that would be a lot more.
i still dont see why modders dont realise the power of the more ambigous gibs. you can miss whole chunks of a large gib sprite out by filling in the gap with a mix of MOSP and small MOSR gibs, and then an explosion emitter or 2, simulating an explosion inside the hull blowing out a large section of it.
try it, it looks good. you can do areas as big as
Code:
+--+
\__/
at a time without even using MOSR pieces. the explosion masks the fact that there isnt really enough metal to cover the hole, and keeps the amount of supersonic tiny gibs to a minimum
[/rant]
can you tell i want proper gibbing?

Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:20 am
Profile WWW

By caching, meant writing the memory to the hard disk so it loads that fast even after turning off the computer.

Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:31 am

Duhya wrote:
I ordered a slayer and killed 58 enemies (normal activities) and i could of went even longer but i got bored and stabbed a pineapple grenade. I dont know anything about modding but with the regenerative abilities, is it just a wound with -X damage every time it emits a blood particle?

Damned good for a guess. Exactly.

This entire thing is awesome. Except the tank's stumbly walking, that's pretty lame. But there's already been like seven pages with every fifth response or something saying that, so mentioning it again is pretty redundant. But it is a big problem.

Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:36 am

Orglar wrote:
HOLY CRAP.

Downloaded and testing now. I fixed the slayer problems btw. He's rather silent now because all of his sounds refused to load for some reason.

SDFGSGFSHG This is amazing. Numgun, you rock! : DDDDDDDD

[/gasm]

I'm having the same problem with the Slayer sounds. May I please ask what you did to fix the glitch?

Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:13 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Anyways, the Infiltrator is great!

The TER it held was able to Wing Clip both of the Default DS's engines, and they collided!
The TES was able to shred the worst of the AAL's troops, and did Instagib every DS that dared to spawned in Magnoit.

Oh yeah, 12th DL, and 18th View.

Last edited by Foa on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:18 am

Thatthing wrote:
I'm having the same problem with the Slayer sounds. May I please ask what you did to fix the glitch?

I has a fix, unless it's the loading of the object.
EDIT: Forgot to mention that the fix disables sounds.

Attachments:
File comment: Get 7 zip to open this.
Sounds.7z [194 Bytes]
Downloaded 180 times

Last edited by mail2345 on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:24 am

Brainwashed wrote:
I'm currently replacing all the "Buyable=0"s by "Buyable=1"s. I'm also making unarmed versions of every actor.

I noticed that I forgot to change the Unarmed Slayer's instance name, which has caused it to overwrite the other Slayer. I'm not reuploading though. Go fix the line of code yourself, lazy.)

Hahah. You didnt notice that the mod already had unarmed versions of every actor? Check the "items list.txt". :lol:

Jakalak wrote:
Sorry, I don't know much about this. I recently installed this mod, but now whenever I boot up Cortex Command, it automatically shuts down after it gets to AAl. I could find out where, if someone could tell me how.

Do you run it on a Mac? Does it give any errors? What do they say?

I've gotten reports on the sounds of the slayer unit. Theres something wierd about them since they work perfectly on windows. Maybe some wierd apecrap encoding or maybe its just f'd because I ripped those sounds directly from oni and combined them with other sounds through audacity or something.

mail2345 wrote:
Looking though the folders of this mod, I found two very interesting things:
1. AAL.rte\Unit\Tank\CrabDragon.rte - Hmm. Obvious.
2. AAL.rte\Scenes\B23AAL Base 1.ini - Also with base 2 and 3 versions. The difference is that all the object names have *.rte/ infront.

* = The .rte where the object is from.

Yeah, when B23 comes in, this mod will be ready for it. Just replace the files with the ones that have the "B23" pre/postfix.

Lambda wrote:
The bunker modules really need stairs.

Use the ones from bunker bits, they fit perfectly. Why make something you already have?

zalo wrote:
He has 250 freaking lines in the Items.ini in the Missions.rte alone dedicated to what the zombie generator gibs. Talk about overkill.
(unless bubs did that part...)

Data did that part.
And really making detailed gibs is just ASDASDAD. So I took an example from Darlos. In any case, they do explode in a pretty way so gibs arent so necesary.
And I saved alot of file size too! :D

Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:35 am

mail2345 wrote:
Thatthing wrote:

Wait what? You mean those work on the mac? If so I'll replace them with the original files! :D

EDIT:
*DL*
*Open file*
: |
Dammit.

EDIT2:
Mac users! I need your help!

I want you to check if you can normally play the Slayer's sound file in your media player or whatever you guys have on the Mac.

The sounds can be found at the following location:

AAL.rte/Common/Sfx/Unit -> Slayer related sounds

If they work then or not, if you can, please try to recompile them with an audio editor and then replace the files with the original ones and see if the slayer will load properly!

Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:36 am

numgun wrote:
mail2345 wrote:
Thatthing wrote:

Wait what? You mean those work on the mac? If so I'll replace them with the original files! :D

EDIT:
*DL*
*Open file*
: |
Dammit.

EDIT2:
Mac users! I need your help!

I want you to check if you can normally play the Slayer's sound file in your media player or whatever you guys have on the Mac.

The sounds can be found at the following location:

AAL.rte/Common/Sfx/Unit -> Slayer related sounds

If they work then or not, if you can, please try to recompile them with an audio editor and then replace the files with the original ones and see if the slayer will load properly!

The thing is that I'm on a PC :oops:

Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:07 am

I will download as soon as I retrieve my jaw from the floor.

Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:33 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 27  Next