View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:27 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 =Alteisen Arsenal Labs 3rd= ))AAL Product 

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
Post Re: =Alteisen Arsenal Labs 3rd= ))AAL Product
Agreed.

Fri May 01, 2009 7:09 pm

IMO, the Novastar REALLY needs a boost
most turrets 1/10 the size do more damage than the rubbish mass based gold cylinder firer
what happened to all the creative requests sent in by your fellow forum budehs?
at least make a few more guns to it to add variety.
The rest of the mod= fudgegodlyawesomesaucemasturbatastic epicness

Mon May 04, 2009 12:38 am

I guess I find that artillery turret "balanced" by the fact that it's nearly impossible to kill if the base is set up well.

I don't mind that the shells don't explode, since I find myself being able to kill anything that isn't heavily armored. Although exposed dropship engines are favorite targets.

Plus, less terrain damage = good. The AI causes enough of it..

Sun May 10, 2009 7:07 am

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
Well, if you wanna make the novastar cannon more powerful and make the bullet NOT rotate, then
411570N3 wrote:
1) Goto Cortex Command/AAL.rte/Base/Novastar/Weapons.ini
2) Scroll down to
Code:
AddAmmo = MOSRotating
   PresetName = NovaStar Slug

3) Replace the number on the line directly below it with a higher number
4) Add
Code:
   OrientToVel = 0.6

Anywhere around there
5) Scroll down to
Code:
   AddEmission = Emission
      EmittedParticle = MOSRotating
         CopyOf = NovaStar Slug

6) Replace the MinVelocity and MaxVelocity to higher numbers, preferably the same numbers. As in make the min and max velocity the same numbers, not don't change them.

Sun May 10, 2009 11:50 am

Hey...

How about that B23 activities?

Is this going to have some Lua in it?

Thu May 14, 2009 3:39 pm

sorry numgun but I dislike a lot of the content in this, so I edited it, all that remain are as follows...
units (stripped of weapons and repriced, new price in brackets): pilot orange (120), pilot dark (150), slayer (310) marine (380). (marine should probably be slightly higher)
weapons: antimass, moneycheat, Neocolt, Slugrifle, SlugCannon, LaserBolter, SplitLauncher, MegaBomb, TEG, TEC, TES, TER, TIR and the STR (twohanded).
craft: droppod, rocket.
base: modules, blast door.

it was a ♥♥♥♥♥ to butcher up, and I hate how most of the weapons are free and when dropped they explode, I'll have to fix that. I didn't want to take the laser destroyer out but decided it just pwned too much. Just thought I'd let you know what I think is the better of your content.

Thu May 14, 2009 4:45 pm

umm i cant individually select the turrets or weapons =( help?

Thu May 14, 2009 10:54 pm

Numgun, you now have NO EXCUSE not to make the split launcher homing. I repeat: NO EXCUSE.

Thu May 14, 2009 11:40 pm

robolee wrote:
sorry numgun but I dislike a lot of the content in this, so I edited it, all that remain are as follows...
units (stripped of weapons and repriced, new price in brackets): pilot orange (120), pilot dark (150), slayer (310) marine (380). (marine should probably be slightly higher)
weapons: antimass, moneycheat, Neocolt, Slugrifle, SlugCannon, LaserBolter, SplitLauncher, MegaBomb, TEG, TEC, TES, TER, TIR and the STR (twohanded).

it was a ♥♥♥♥♥ to butcher up, and I hate how most of the weapons are free and when dropped they explode, I'll have to fix that. I didn't want to take the laser destroyer out but decided it just pwned too much. Just thought I'd let you know what I think is the better of your content.

Thanks, I find this is very useful.

I've been kinda feeling wierd not wanting to play much with this mod myself either. I did something wrong with the feel of it and I'm intending to fix that.
Notably, I'll bring back the Titan cruiser (with turrets maybe?) and make all weapons buyable.

Also I'm gonna do a major upgrade on all weapons and enable the red pilot and rethink the equipment for the orange and red pilots.

Also I'll add Piipu's walkpaths to them and tweak any of them further.

Also novastar is gonna get powered up.

And then ofcourse the vacuum bomb and possibly ypsilon, however I'm not entirely sure about it. I'll probably use Lua for the appearing process instead of hacky ♥♥♥♥ we've been using so far.

@FZ: The split missile is a dumbfire type weapon. So beat it.

Fri May 15, 2009 12:10 am

numgun wrote:
robolee wrote:

Thanks, I find this is very useful.

I've been kinda feeling wierd not wanting to play much with this mod myself either. I did something wrong with the feel of it and I'm intending to fix that.
Notably, I'll bring back the Titan cruiser (with turrets maybe?) and make all weapons buyable.

Also I'm gonna do a major upgrade on all weapons and enable the red pilot and rethink the equipment for the orange and red pilots.

Also I'll add Piipu's walkpaths to them and tweak any of them further.

Also novastar is gonna get powered up.

And then ofcourse the vacuum bomb and possibly ypsilon, however I'm not entirely sure about it. I'll probably use Lua for the appearing process instead of hacky ♥♥♥♥ we've been using so far.

@FZ: The split missile is a dumbfire type weapon. So beat it.

Red pilot; close range.

Make him spiky.

Fri May 15, 2009 11:19 am

i am all for that. with some angry shoulder pads, and stripes everywhere.
i think this just needs to be more badass and have more gibs, and less fire/lag.
it just feels kinda.. limp. not underpowered, just not really that fun. its a lot better than the old AAL, but it still has a way to go before it stays in my CC folder for more than a few hours at a time.

Fri May 15, 2009 11:46 am
Profile WWW

Although Robolee said it in a kinda ♥♥♥♥ way, I have to agree with him

I dearly miss the Titan Cruiser; the cool freighter does not make up for its awesomeness. I also miss the modular style of the mod when you could mix and match weapons; with B23's presets having four different types of marines just seems strange. The weapons not being droppable also doesn't seem to be useful; unless to avoid gibbing.

However; I don't think the mod is overpowered; even untouched. The regenerating items still fall to kinetic weapons; the novastar cannon doesn't harm anything with heavy kinetic shielding; the doors fall easily to NPCs who aim for the struts of the door (I went placing enforcer blocks along the edges of the doors haha), making them collapse in on eachother. I don't see these as failings of the mod, merely balancing it with the vanilla actors; who are now far better armed, especially those blasted dummies!

Even the MPAMs go down with enough firepower pumped into them. I like to hold grudge matches between all my mods. The more unfairly armored Pelian MARS takes down the far more well armed MPAM in a straight up fight

The best part of AAL is its fantastic design and theme; it keeps itself very different and interesting compared to other mods. Every release is better! Frankly I just can't wait for BW to be released; I'm drooling.

Fri May 15, 2009 2:37 pm
Profile YIM

The titan with ambers attached would be epic. Make some on the underside though. Maybe rapidfire ones opne the underside for anti infantry and one shot mega ambers on the top for AA and defense against the turret-equipped fighters that will inevitably be made as the technology involving war moves on.

Fri May 15, 2009 6:25 pm

Might be a totally noobie thing to say but:
Why not use the dropship holder to move turrents making them unable to fire when being moved but very strong(and static) when docked. Would be seriously cool to have re-deployable turrents.
And actually I really don't like the AAL the units are overpowered and lag like hell(especially with activities.) The guns aren't buyable(solvable even by me but....)
It just feels like CC really cool at the start but you are still missing something which makes it totally awesome.

Oh and the dropship should indeed be made as FZ says.

Fri May 15, 2009 7:26 pm

Make the split missile a missile that stays entirely in one piece until it "sees" an enemy then, upon sight, it releases the swarm of missiles at it. It'd kinda be like a smart bomb missile shotgun thingy.

Fri May 15, 2009 8:16 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next