View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Lua Guns - last update: 31.08.09 

Post Re: Lua Guns 26.5.09
The Decaying Soldat wrote:
numgun wrote:
A field reconstructor drone could be cool. Either as a hovering drone or as a sexy nurse or a rocket

Get a damaged unit with less than 100hp and make him dissappear into the reconstructor. A minute or two later, a fresh, new unit is thrown out of the reconstructor. Full healing, including wounds.

Nummy...I don't know what to say :???:

I was thinking the same thing.. Feared being the first one to bring it up..
LOL

Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:17 am

Post Re: Lua Guns 01.06.09
Looks like you always end up in the last grenade shot. I didn't try it that many times though so I could be wrong.
Also, I have again forgotten stuff into the pack. There's a sticky explosives launcher which works like a needler. It works but it isn't very finished. And I think I should update the gifs in the OP since only one of them is up to date.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:05 am

Youre the one with the dirty mind :D
That didnt even cross my mind when I typed that, I was thinking more along the lines "tear the unit into atoms and then put them back together".

Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:14 pm

Post Re: Lua Guns - last update: 09.07.09
Updated bigly. Added instagib pistol, force pistol, my mod contest shields, and the harpoon gun with physics. The homing missiles use better scripts now, they hit almost always, and can target drop ships' engines insted of the hulls for better accuracy. The shield deployers are in the weapons tab, and don't get destroyed when droppped to allow ordering new ones. Credits to numgun for the harpoon gun .ini side and mail for attachable lua used in every new thing in the mod. The harpoon gun lua file is commented so people can use it to learn sticky explosives.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Loose Canon

numgun wrote:

Youre the one with the dirty mind :D
That didnt even cross my mind when I typed that, I was thinking more along the lines "tear the unit into atoms and then put them back together".

Your gonna need one heckuva tampon for that...

Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:20 am
Profile WWW

Post Lua Guns BROKE
I installed luaguns, but when i launch the game it says
Quote:
Abortion in file ./system/reader.cpp, line 31 b/c
Wrong type in reader when passed to serializable::Create() in luaguns.rte/index.ini at line 2!
the last frame has been dumped to 'abortscreen.bmp'
:x
:???: :-(

Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:33 am

Post Re: Lua Guns - last update: 09.07.09
i hope you have CC b23?

Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:44 pm

Post Re: Lua Guns - last update: 12.08.09
Updated with the Multi-Purpose Drone requested by TDS as well as a mine deployer thingy. If you want to sprite some of these things, just PM me.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:28 am

A rather irritating bug with the MPD.
The Goldiser (sp?) breaks. Like, I drop off my MPD from a dropship, and then the Goldiser his explodes into little metal gibs. Completely useless.
Also, the Troop Transport thingy (grappler) just fires a spike, with no line. I've shot a few Dummies in the chest, to no effect. They were enemies, mind. Not sure if it's meant to work on enemies.

Possibly the Dropship Engines on the MPD spraying the Goldiser with deadly invisible particles causes it to assplode?

Otherwise, awesome job on the entire pack. The Vortex Gun feels a lot like a portable (you get my meaning) Particle Accelerator, without the blast. Also, it says it leaves player actors unharmed. My Aimbot (not sure what it does... just seems like a Robot) was sucked up and promptly gibbed. Nothing was in the vortex bar the blue pixels, and the core.

Sorry to be such a bug-picker. I just thought you might like your mods to work awesomely.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:37 pm

Gasp! Someone used my stuff, I feel more 50% important :D. Piipu, could you change the grapple function name, it screws with my grapple gun atm.
Barnox wrote:
Also, the Troop Transport thingy (grappler) just fires a spike, with no line. I've shot a few Dummies in the chest, to no effect. They were enemies, mind. Not sure if it's meant to work on enemies

The 'Grappler' doesn't work for some people due to some weird bugs.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:41 pm
Profile WWW

Alright, definitely my favorite thing in this mod is the MPD. I just love infiltrating the enemy base with this after I find a weak spot that the digger can get through, and then I just fly up near the brain and without weapons, I simply wait for the enemies to try and kill the MPD and they shoot the brain to death. If there's one thing in this mod that you should update, it's the Multi-Purpose Drone.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:42 pm

I'm working on an update for the MPD, though it could take a few days because I'm having some hardware problems with my computer. Thanks for all the nice feedback.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:45 am

Ociamarru wrote:
Alright, definitely my favorite thing in this mod is the MPD. I just love infiltrating the enemy base with this after I find a weak spot that the digger can get through, and then I just fly up near the brain and without weapons, I simply wait for the enemies to try and kill the MPD and they shoot the brain to death. If there's one thing in this mod that you should update, it's the Multi-Purpose Drone.

Agreed. I did the same in the missions. Usually, I fail after infiltrating halfway into the enemy base(weegee's missions). Sometimes I was managing other stuff and the drone flew away on its own, back to orbit or into enemy fire.

I usually equip the MPD with a shield deployer, a digger, a mine layer, and a cocktail of bombs, try to reach the enemy brain and scuttle it. Best suicidal unit ever.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:50 pm

Post Re: Lua Guns - last update: 31.08.09
Updated with the improvements suggested on the MPD and the LRM-Launcher. Also improved the swarmer script for quite a bit.

Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:10 pm

Post Re: Lua Guns - last update: 31.08.09
I love the LRM-Launcher to death but it doesn't seem to work properly all that often. It'll switch away from the rocket back to the original firer either almost instantly or after a second or two and go dumbfire on me.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next