View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Gundanium-Military Inter-tech V1.0 (WIP) 

Post Gundanium-Military Inter-tech V1.0 (WIP)
My first mod (to be released here), it is still in the early stages, so any comments will be welcomed.

--Story--
In the 22nd Century, Miners on Venus discovered a new material that could withstand the harsh conditions: Gundanium. This sturdy, dark metal could withstand incredible amounts of physical damage in lab tests, and could also survive energy beams. Although the material was heavier than lead, they soon put the vast amounts of the new material to various uses: Mining equipment, protective gear, armor, and most recently, military applications. The miners who found the material soon after set up a company that is now known as G-Military Inter-tech. Their products span from Body armor, to Gundanium bullets, to near-indestructible shields. They now have a large development team who are making Gundanium more available to buyers as weapons and mercenaries.

--Actors--
G-Baboon: A heavy Soldier with Gundanium Armor. The armor protects him/her from falls, and the built-in power frame allows the user to carry heavy loads. the only downside is that all that weight makes him/her sink into soft ground, so it's best to use inside a base with concrete or steel floors.
G-Loris: A light robot with Gundanium Laminate armor. lighter than the G-Baboon, and faster too, although not as tough. Good for hit-and-run tactics.

--Weapons--
G-Rifle: The standard medium-range weapon of G-MI, it features good piercing ability, and decent overall firepower. Uses Gundanium bullets, and the gun itself is very resilient, but rather heavy for a gun.

G-ARifle: A G-Rifle with an augmented barrel, and a larger clip. Features a faster rate of fire, but at the cost of piercing ability and accuracy. Using the stock, it can be dual-wielded.

G-ARifle Off-hand: The G-ARifle, but designed for the left hand instead. Has the safety and clip ejection buttons on their opposite respective sides. Recoil can be a problem when dual-wielded, but can be used as a sort of crude jet-pack. Found under the 'Shields' tab.

G-SRifle: A G-Rifle with a scope and a particle accelerator on the end of the barrel. Has a much longer range and sharper bullets, but at the cost of reload times and rate of fire.

G-Linear Cannon: A shoulder-mounted cannon that shoots a C-4 filled shell of Gundanium that explodes on impact, ripping apart armor, flesh, pretty much anything. Sometimes bounces off doors, so stand at a distance if breaking a door with it. Features a 3-shot burst capability.

G-Breacher: A close range weapon, it can slice through most materials easily. Nothing to do with Gundanium, except for the casing of the handle. uses a concentrated beam of pure plasma to cut through things. Useful tool for breaking doors, killing enemies quickly, and digging, but it can't harvest gold; it obliterates it.

G-Frag: A fragmentation grenade with Gundanium shrapnel inside. The shell of the grenade isn't Gundanium; how will it blow up then?

--Shields--
G-Shield: a tall shield that covers a normal clone from head to toe. Rather heavy, but is capable of protecting from a nuclear blast.

--To do list--
-Find out how to make wounds hurt less. Anyone know how to do this for the G-Loris?
-I know more than 100 health is frowned upon, but it is necessary until the G-loris' wound damage can be changed.
-Maybe a few more weapons...
-Re-sprites of the actors (right now they are re-colors of the Coalition heavy and Dummy, with few head modifications)

Attachments:
File comment: The shield is more likely to be blown out of your hand than get shot apart...
G-MI.rte.rar [1.52 MiB]
Downloaded 1224 times
Sun May 17, 2009 6:05 pm

Post Re: Gundanium-Military Inter-tech V1.0 (WIP)
It should be top priority to get that health down to 100.

Also gundanium for some reason is making me laugh my ass off.

Sun May 17, 2009 6:10 pm
Profile WWW
Moderator Hero

Also focus on spriting - good spriting is always a bonus, People here hate recolours. And Venn, Gundam ring any bells?

Sun May 17, 2009 6:14 pm

Didn´t looks really unique.
Give them more Armour (Loris-Thing) and make them no so recoulored (other Amour, Design)
Don´t give Actors more than 100 Live. Make Custom Wounds which didn´t make so much damage
And make a few more complete new Actors

Sun May 17, 2009 6:15 pm

The actors are really recolored is all, and not very well at that. (sorry) Not saying that all actors arent resprites, its just they are the exact same head, just different colors.

It looks ok, though :)

Sun May 17, 2009 6:45 pm

Seraph wrote:
Also focus on spriting - good spriting is always a bonus, People here hate recolours. And Venn, Gundam ring any bells?

That's what I was thinking, but there's no direct references.

Sun May 17, 2009 6:46 pm
Profile WWW

-Working on actual sprites right now, might not look too different, just some add-ons and what not.
And although there's no direct reference, I did refer to Gundam(Gundam Wing in particular) on how strong Gundanium, the main material of the 5 Gundam's armor, is.
-How would I make a custom wounds.ini work on the G-Loris? It's already used on the Baboon, but only because it came with it(I used Azukki's modding templates for pretty much everything in it, forgot to mention earlier). Would I just replace the preset names?

Sun May 17, 2009 7:29 pm

Point.blank wrote:
G-Linear Cannon: A shoulder-mounted cannon that shoots a C-4 filled shell of Gundanium that explodes on impact, ripping apart armor, flesh, pretty much anything. Sometimes bounces off doors, so stand at a distance if breaking a door with it. Features a 3-shot burst capability.

G-Frag: A fragmentation grenade with Gundanium shrapnel inside.The shell of the grenade isn't Gundanium; how will it blow up then?

Somewhat contradictory? but i like it, just needs new sprites rather than edits and recolours.

Sun May 17, 2009 10:47 pm
Profile YIM WWW

make a custom wound (addeffect = aemitter copyof = wound presetname = blahblah) and then lower the burstdamage (for how much damage you recieve on impact) and emissiondamage (how much each drop of blood does) and possibly emissioncountlimit (for how much blood actually comes out). that should do it :)

Sun May 17, 2009 11:00 pm
Profile WWW

Custom Wounds.ini...done. Health is now 100, just need to work on the sprites...

Tue May 19, 2009 12:17 am

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
...I'm not going to begin to object to this on the oh-my-god-yet-another-Gundam-reference-heavy-mod foundation. Numgun did it, so I suppose the floodgates are open (:P).
Nor on the physical properties of the material (if it's heavier than lead, wouldn't 2 cm of steel be as good as .5 cm of this, and cheaper, too?) That's excusable, since it's just fluff.
I object to the sprites.
They are truly without merit. Please, please work on shading. I know it's difficult, but these are nauseating.

Tue May 19, 2009 2:12 am
Banned

Just chiming in that the weapon sprites are awful.

Tue May 19, 2009 4:10 am
Profile YIM

Gundanium? From Wing Gundam, seriously?

Anyway, good for a first try, but these are resprites only. Maybe try making more bit yourself next time would be nice.

Tue May 19, 2009 7:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]