View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 War Crime PLUS Anarchists (UPDATED) 

Post Re: War Crime Tactical Shotgun (B23) -UPDATED!-
Not bad. It is very close to the coalition style so I suppose it figures that it would go well with it.

One thing I would say (which is fine as it is your first mod): Gifs would demonstrate this better, and are pretty much standard in releases. Holding PrtScrn while in CC will output a .bmp per frame, which you can then turn into an animated Gif through various means.

Zerevor wrote:
Well, I'm thinking of making a Zerevorian Military Technologies, a sort of freelance arms company making guns for all factions, and the War Crime being a supplemental to the faction's existing weaponry bought by the Coalition.
Right now, the only thing I'm missing is an idea for another gun.

While there's nothing wrong with this, it seems to be the approach everyone goes for; that person X's mods end up being X-Corp/Military/Arms/Technologies etc making weapons for all your needs, with releases opening with a mock-shopping console full of asterisks and backslashes.

Like I said, that's cool n' all, but I think you could come up with something more interesting for this. A faction that stole their technology from the coalition? Coalition rebels? A totally different group that copies and subsequently improves the technology of others? Go crazy.

Mon May 25, 2009 12:38 am

Post Re: War Crime Tactical Shotgun PLUS Anarchist Rocket Pistol
UPDATE!

The Anarchist and Anarchist II rocket pistols have been released! Drunken rocket launchers yay!

Mon May 25, 2009 2:03 am

Some nice content, the sprites fit coalition style perfectly.
But why in the world does the crime have such a long SharpLength?! It's longer than any official sniper! It goes further than the rounds ever get!
And why does the Anarchist have the ridiculous sharpstance? Sure, it's good for the function of firing from behind cover, but it looks awful.

Jairion wrote:
FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU----

ITS A MAGAZINE

MAGAZINE! GET IT RIGHT! DANG!

It's no surprise that people never get this right, considering not even the official content does.

Mon May 25, 2009 1:38 pm

Azukki wrote:
Some nice content, the sprites fit coalition style perfectly.
But why in the world does the crime have such a long SharpLength?! It's longer than any official sniper! It goes further than the rounds ever get!
And why does the Anarchist have the ridiculous sharpstance? Sure, it's good for the function of firing from behind cover, but it looks awful.

You know, I've been tweaking the War Crime's SharpLength, and now it's just about equal to other shotguns.
And I've never figured out just how to change that little snag with the Anarchist. Thanks for the actual value name!

Mon May 25, 2009 2:09 pm

Post Re: War Crime PLUS Anarchists (UPDATED)
Alright, I've updated the first post with the modified (and improved) War Crime and Anarchists.

Mon May 25, 2009 2:42 pm

You're certainly responsive.
Let's see here...
Yep, that's much better.

Also, you actually don't need the weapons category version for dual wield stuff.
Just order two from the shields category, and they'll dual wield, so it's kind of dumb to even have the Weapons version, since they can never be used in the offhand.

Mon May 25, 2009 3:24 pm

Azukki wrote:
You're certainly responsive.
Let's see here...
Yep, that's much better.

Also, you actually don't need the weapons category version for dual wield stuff.
Just order two from the shields category, and they'll dual wield, so it's kind of dumb to even have the Weapons version, since they can never be used in the offhand.

That actually WORKS? Let me test, and I'll remove the weapons version if it does and leave a note that they can be found in the Shields section.

Mon May 25, 2009 4:06 pm

Updated the first post with a slightly-tweaked Crime and the newly fixed Annie.

Mon May 25, 2009 4:49 pm

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
I don't like the 'war crime'. Try calling it 'Crook' or something. Also, I have an idea for a good weapon. A ring that doesn't damage terrain, but phases through it, ever expanding, that rapes people. When they get raped, a new ring comes from their position. It would be hard to make it non PC-Raping, but if someone could pull that off it would be epic. That's 2 ideas I've dumped here, and neither has been listened to. I've also integrated the Annie and War Crime, if you want that.

Mon May 25, 2009 5:42 pm

If you don't like the name, edit the .ini yourself and rename it to whatever you like.

And the gun concept - wouldn't one shot technically rape the entire level?

Mon May 25, 2009 6:33 pm

Zerevor wrote:
If you don't like the name, edit the .ini yourself and rename it to whatever you like.

yep, i made a bomb called the "void grenade" that had a single slowly expanding ring, that cut terrain, and one caused enough lag. also, great mod! though i prefer my rocket pistol, its much more stable

Mon May 25, 2009 6:36 pm

lafe wrote:
Zerevor wrote:

yep, i made a bomb called the "void grenade" that had a single slowly expanding ring, that cut terrain, and one caused enough lag. also, great mod! though i prefer my rocket pistol, its much more stable

Yeah.
Don't advertise. Or say that your mod is better than his.

Yours might be more stable, but his is much more realistic as there is no way to shoot a rocket out of a pistol being stable.

Lots of people like balanced mods, and realism.

Mon May 25, 2009 7:30 pm

*swoon*

Mon May 25, 2009 9:14 pm

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
Zerevor wrote:

It's from Enders game, it's supposed to. Consider it a real nuke.

Mon May 25, 2009 9:17 pm
Banned

That particular weapon is a bad idea, considering that it takes about three seconds for it to completely destroy a planet.

As for the War Crime, it's excellent. Bravo.

Mon May 25, 2009 9:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next