View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 War Crime PLUS Anarchists (UPDATED) 

Post War Crime PLUS Anarchists (UPDATED)
Weight: 50
Cost: 175
Clip Size: 7
Fire Rate: 3 shots per second
Reload: 2 seconds
Dual-Wield: No
The War Crime Fully-Automatic Tactical Combat Shotgun, nicknamed "the Crime" due to its infamy as a banned weapon in several galaxies. It is an extremely powerful close- and mid-range shotgun, though it cannot effectively hit targets at longer ranges. Its main selling point is the underslung grenade launcher, firing a high-explosive grenade as the first shot in the magazine. This addition has great tactical benefits - for example, firing over enemy cover; however, the grenades are rather short-ranged and have a low arc.
Found at the bottom of "Weapons"

Weight: 15
Cost: 75
Clip Size: 1
Fire Rate: 1 shot per second
Reload: 1 seconds
Dual-Wield: Yes
The Anarchist One-Handed Unstable Rocket-Pistol, affectionately referred to as "Annie," is, as the full name implies, a one-handed rocket launcher. The rockets lack proper stabilizers in an attempt to cut costs, and so will randomly veer up and down. This particular weapon has no magazine, and thus must be manually reloaded, but the process has been streamlined to make this gun a relatively rapid-fire explosives launcher. To dual-wield these weapons is said to be suicide and genocide respectively for the user and the victims.
Found at the bottom of "Shields"

Attachment:
Anarchist and War Crime.rte.rar [8.99 KiB]
Downloaded 537 times

Last edited by Zerevor on Mon May 25, 2009 4:29 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Sat May 23, 2009 9:27 pm

Post Re: War Crime Tactical Shotgun (B23)
Looks cool trying it out now :D

Sat May 23, 2009 9:35 pm

Just tested, shotgun with grenade launcher for first round is awesome! I blew a dummy to 100 pieces then shredded the rest.

Sat May 23, 2009 9:49 pm

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
Not bad. This could even be made into vanilla content, considering the spriting style, but I'm not the judge of that.

Sat May 23, 2009 10:30 pm

It's rare to see such great quality in a single weapon release.

Sat May 23, 2009 11:09 pm
Profile WWW

Simple and fun. Just the way any weapon should be. : )

I agree, this could definitely be in the vanilla content.

Sat May 23, 2009 11:33 pm

This is very well made, and surprisingly unique for a single, basic gun. However, as far as being potentially vanilla content, there's one problem I have- it's stronger than the Mauler, but cheaper and has a smaller sprite. I'd personally make the sprite a tad bigger (and give it another barrel? not sure if the grenade and shotgun makes sense coming from the same place), up the cost some, and lower either the rate of fire or range. One of the biggest disadvantages of the stronger shotguns is smaller and smaller range, and this travels for a while. Possibly give the bullets some air resistance so they don't just disappear, but do only work at shorter ranges?

Sat May 23, 2009 11:49 pm

monstermagnet wrote:
Just tested, shotgun with grenade launcher for first round is awesome! I blew a dummy to 100 pieces then shredded the rest.

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I sure as hell did!

Flammablezombie wrote:
Not bad. This could even be made into vanilla content, considering the spriting style, but I'm not the judge of that.

Wow. First gun and I'm getting a vanilla suggestion already.

venn177 wrote:
It's rare to see such great quality in a single weapon release.

Considering that you appear to be one who knows what the chucklebucket he's talking about, that really means a lot.

Rocksonic wrote:
Simple and fun. Just the way any weapon should be. : )
I agree, this could definitely be in the vanilla content.

Vanilla suggestion two. Hell yeah!

Solace wrote:
This is very well made, and surprisingly unique for a single, basic gun. However, as far as being potentially vanilla content, there's one problem I have- it's stronger than the Mauler, but cheaper and has a smaller sprite. I'd personally make the sprite a tad bigger (and give it another barrel? not sure if the grenade and shotgun makes sense coming from the same place), up the cost some, and lower either the rate of fire or range. One of the biggest disadvantages of the stronger shotguns is smaller and smaller range, and this travels for a while. Possibly give the bullets some air resistance so they don't just disappear, but do only work at shorter ranges?

I'll up the price a little and add air resistance (at least .025) and I'll see what I can do to the sprite. However, in terms of the second barrel, I'm not sure how I'd do that. How can I make different bullets come from different parts of the gun?

Sat May 23, 2009 11:55 pm

To be fair, I just post a lot and rarely contribute more than constructive criticism.

Normally the best reviews you can get are by other modders: zalo, numgun, darlos9D, etc, etc.

Sat May 23, 2009 11:58 pm
Profile WWW

venn177 wrote:
To be fair, I just post a lot and rarely contribute more than constructive criticism.

Normally the best reviews you can get are by other modders: zalo, numgun, darlos9D, etc, etc.

Well, I'll have to wait and see if they post in here. I'm modifying the gun as we speak to try and balance things out a little more.

Sat May 23, 2009 11:59 pm

Updated version!
The new Crime has sharper bullets, though with sacrificed range. It also weighs and costs more to balance things out.

Attachments:
War Crime.rte.rar [4.24 KiB]
Downloaded 265 times
Sun May 24, 2009 12:13 am

Post Re: War Crime Tactical Shotgun (B23) -UPDATED!-
Very Well done.
By the way, did you buy Cortex Command?
Cause i just think that you can only mod it if you bought it.

Sun May 24, 2009 1:55 am

You can mod without buying it.

Sun May 24, 2009 1:58 am
Profile WWW

You don't need the full version of cortex command to make/play mods, but it makes things easier. It has built-in editors that can really help when making mods, and Azukki also so kindly made mod templates that can help you learn to make mods by studying what each value does: (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10247). There are also helpful tutorials on how to make your own mods here: (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13394)

Sun May 24, 2009 1:59 am

I vote for this to replace the Heavy Auto Shotgun. We already have the regular Auto Shotgun, after all.

Sun May 24, 2009 2:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next