View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Glowy Mod 

Post Glowy Mod
This is my first mod, so I'm not sure how good it is... Well, basically, all of the weapons make use of glow effects to create maximum lag on your computer. It has four guns, two melee weapons, and a bomb.

Guns:
The first gun is called the laser cannon (So original.) and, well, it shoots a powerful laser beam. Who cares that it's most likely impossible to shoot a laser bullet? It's awesome and overpowered for its price. Kinda.
Images (Note: All descriptions are above the images. Also, I only test my mods out in multiplayer. Please tell me if it's annoying.):
Holding the laser cannon:
Firing the gun:

Well, anyways, the next gun is a bullet sprayer that shoots stars. Not really stars, but twinkly things that look like stars. I intended it to be shot into the air to rain down on enemies, but it's probably way easier to just shoot the guy straight on...
Holding the gun:
Shooting the gun:
It's a meteor shower!:

Okay! This gun is one gun that shoots a circle of bullets all around you. It's not a very practical weapon, but it's quite pretty. Watch out for the bullets that come back down when using this, though. They hurt, and there are a lot.
Holding the gun:
Making a glowy circle:
The sky's falling!:

Now I'm going to show you one of the hardest to aim weapons of all time. I'm presenting the floating eye laser of doom. (I didn't really call it that.)
Holding(ish) the gun(?):
It's shredding the terrain...:

Melee Weapons:
The weapon shown here is one that shoots a small ring of bullets around your player. The bullets are strong, but they disappear rather quickly. Only to be used as a close-range weapon.
Holding the weapon:
Using it:
The destruction after 21 shots. (It shoots quickly while the guy falls slowly.):

This one is a sword. It's not one of the ones that you use once and it slashes, this is one that uses a stream of bullets as the blade. It cuts through absolutely anything. Quickly, too.
Holding the sword:
It's a yellow blade!:

Bombs:
Forgot about the bomb. It's basically... Extremely overpowered. To put it mildly. Oh. The sprite doesn't work facing to the left... Well, Here're some images:
Holding the bomb:
The bomb is flying...:
It exploded. (This was a kinda bad run.):
I don't pay very much attention to the sprites, but if someone is bothered by it, please tell me. My sprites are actually perfectly fine, but after I run them through GIMP to make them conform to the CC Pallete, they get all funny. Only in-game, though. I'm also aware that the satellite laser is incredibly hard to aim. I intended it to stay in one spot above the user's head, but the code I tried to write for that was completely broken. I'll try to fix it up sometime.

Attachments:
File comment: First version. Does not include the shock field weapon, but the bomb's cheaper... No pros aside from that... Really.
Shine Force.zip [57.89 KiB]
Downloaded 215 times
File comment: This is the second. It includes the shock field weapon and also has shield versions of the laser cannon and the stardust ray. The bomb's price has been increased to make it more fair, and the detonation type has been changed to a force based one instead of a timer.
Shine Force.zip [61.22 KiB]
Downloaded 233 times
File comment: This is the third version. It includes the satellite laser (fourth gun) and the laser sword (the only sword). Shield version for the sword included.
Shine Force.zip [65.8 KiB]
Downloaded 312 times

Last edited by kungfuchan13 on Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:55 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Glowy Mod
Before you do anything, please organize your posts. Stop adding huge walls of text everywhere, just hit enter every few lines.
And to post pictures, take a screenshot in game by hitting 'prntscrn' or something of the likes on your keyboard. Then go to Imgur.com. Upload the image by clicking 'computer'.
Navigate to your Cortex Command folder and select the picture you just took. Afterwards, right click the image, hit 'copy image location' and copy past it in [img] tags, like so.
Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/bgkM0.png[/img]

Easy!

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:58 pm
Profile WWW

Okay. Thanks for telling me the website. So... I edited the post to make it look better. Now it has pictures! Yay! The last image for the last gun on the list was horrible. A lot more glow particles come later. One more thing: Are my messages really that long? My other ones were, but I didn't think that this one was long... Well, that's all.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:14 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

You don't have to say 'that's all' after every post, and please use less periods...
Because they're annoying...

Anyways, I like how you put some work into your first mod, unlike a lot of people. (me) One thing though, you really need to nerf that bomb :P

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:20 am
Profile WWW

"Nerf"? Do you mean, like, de-overpower it? Or at least make it a little bit pricier kinda thing? Also... Yeah. I use way to many ellipses. I might make a few edits, such as putting my older idea for the laser cannon inside, too. I might also put in the buzzsaw idea... Hmmmm... (Yup. Too many ellipses.) I'm definitely putting in the buzzsaw. Okay. Slightly modified version of the shock laser. FYI: It causes extreme lag. Well, at least it does when you are actually making holes in the dirt. Going to post edits on the comment for the download. Well, I kinda feel like I need to put something at the end of my messages, hence the "That's all." ... That's all. Except for the random new ending sentence. Go Nanoha!
Edit: I misspelled "causes," and I found it annoying.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:28 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Well if you are realizing the problem then fix it :l
And also by nerf, I meant make it less powerful.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:59 am
Profile WWW

I doubled the price of the bomb. If tht isn't enough, I might lower the price again but lower the amount of bombs. I'll do it if you tell me to. If not, then I'll just leave it like that.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:44 pm

I like this mod, but it's kinda overpowered. Infinite ammo and shouldn't a laser cannon be heavy and non dual-wieldable?
Oh, an actor would be nice. A glowy actor for a glory mod maybe? Oh well.

To kungfuchan, if you update this, add storm. If you're not kungfuchan, well... You'll see what storm is(I know him so he sent me an updated Shine Force.)

Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:33 am

I am to be called "Kami-sama." Just kidding. Also, if you type in my username then say the possibility that it's not me? I mean, you see my username, and you type it in, then you say that you might be referring to someone with the same userbame that's a different person? Well, anyways... I'll make those edits.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]