View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 TradeStar Conscripted 2.6 Now with Maps, GIFs, and flak* 

Post Re: TradeStar Conscripted 2.3 Now with Maps and GIFs!
You do realise that a neutrino could pass through the planet without it hitting into anything, that's how stupid the neutrino grenade is. I'm not going all realism on your ass but you can't just pull a random name such as quark, lepton, pion and the like without at least looking into them a little, If you changed it to the heavy lepton grenade and gave it some kind of electricity effect it would be nice.

Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:45 pm

robolee wrote:
You do realise that a neutrino could pass through the planet without it hitting into anything, that's how stupid the neutrino grenade is. I'm not going all realism on your ass but you can't just pull a random name such as quark, lepton, pion and the like without at least looking into them a little, If you changed it to the heavy lepton grenade and gave it some kind of electricity effect it would be nice.

if you notice it just explodes with what the laser rifle shoots... it was supposed to just rip everything apart.

Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:07 pm
Profile YIM WWW

You miss the point Miles, he's telling you that the name needs to be more contextually correct. Remember to check these things before naming ♥♥♥♥, this kind of stuff makes you an easy target.

Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:04 am
Profile WWW
Banned

Guys, I updated my mod but had to make a new thread sry

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=15330

Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:09 am
Profile YIM

ProjektTHOR wrote:
Guys, I updated my mod but had to make a new thread sry

This man is an ass and a theif, I made a lot of this mod back in B13, and have been adding onto it ever since, so that people couldn't steal my content, as it actually DID happen back then (People reposted my mod a week later with a slightly different sprite) So I started bundling everything together.

you can check the archives if there still there.

Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:15 am
Profile YIM WWW

This is why you use this, Miles.

Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:40 am
Profile WWW

CrazyMLC wrote:
http://www.datarealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=15330

This is why you use this, Miles.

Check my flak thread, post 1, at the top, I started adding this by the time we got to about page 2

Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:42 am
Profile YIM WWW
Banned

Except that Creative Commons doesn't have attributes for the license you dictated.

Scrub.

Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:42 am
Profile YIM

well since my other thread got flamed to the ground, locked, and deleted....

I'm going to post my Flak cannon here...

It is here in this post, as an attachment, as just the flak, and for people who have not been to this thread (As unlikely as that is) an updated version of tradestar.rte that includes the uber flak.

Attachments:
UberFlak.Rte.rar [71.52 KiB]
Downloaded 147 times
Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:15 am
Profile YIM WWW

Post Re: TradeStar Conscripted 2.6 Now with Maps, GIFs, and flak*
Why the ♥♥♥♥ wouldn't you just edit that into the OP?

inb4 threadlock.

Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:19 am
Profile WWW

Ohman, as if you'd steal that uberflak off THOR!

Funniest threadwar ever, glad I didn't miss it completely.

Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:27 am

venn177 wrote:
Why the ♥♥♥♥ wouldn't you just edit that into the OP?

inb4 threadlock.

First of all, I DID edit the OP, second I posted it In the thread first because some people don't like Re-dling the entire mod for just 1 gun, and 3rd, there's no reason to lock this thread, its like a week or so old. and this is a mod i've been continuously updating for several builds, the only thing that should happen is deleting a few posts that bled over from the prior flame war, which was mind you quite pointless.

Anyway, of the 250+ people who downloaded my Tradestar.rte please DL my flak and/or update... its along the lines of all the rest of the content, nothing really fancy, but its still nice... subtlety in content that makes it nice, is about the only thing I seem to do well. I'm actually surprised there flame war didn't extend to my blunderbuss, it's more of a 'minimod' than anything i've ever made.

anyway TLDR, Mods please delete the few bleed-over troll posts, and people who already DLed please DL one of the 2 updates (overwrite or separate RTE, i don't care)

Feedback that isn't "you could have done this differently" is appreciated, please take the content at face value. suggestions also appreciated.

Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:30 am
Profile YIM WWW

To bring back my constructive criticism, I would suggest making the flak cannon stronger.

Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:36 am

Looks pretty awesome except for the musket, but I'm to lazy to download it right now.

I do however have a suggestion, you could make a couple extra-dimensional pirates, and create a bomb that when it detonates inverts the color(not sure if lua/.ini can do it), and doubles all the pirates health for 10-20 seconds.

Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:39 am

mail2345 wrote:
To bring back my constructive criticism, I would suggest making the flak cannon stronger.

I have considered it, but I didn't want it to be a 'ubergun' as the forums describe it. I've done my best to try to keep everything able to be balanced against vanilla content, whatever that may be. I actually had to seriously beef up my blunderbuss for this build and almost DOUBLE the mass of each projectile, AND i'm thinking of beefing up the Devistator as well, because its less effective than it used to be...

For the uber Flak i'm considering beefing it up in one of the following ways

More explosives - not a bigger boom, just more booms the explosion itself is basically just a stick-bomb, thats how I kept it balanced to core content

Better spread - Have multiple sets of explosives that have different areas they spread to, so that it is more evenly disbursed, This might also work,

smaller spread of 2ndary explosives - same idea as above, the closer they are the more damage they do, but I wanted to hit a huge area as well,

Heavier projectiles - be it what the gun shoots, or what the explosives detonate into, more mass will always do more damage

Lower Gib Impulse on the 2ndary explosives - They occasionally explode on a direct hit, lower number = more explosions, and more likely to kill on a direct hit, more explosives could also do this, but it may lie in a combination of those two.

Does anyone have a suggestion or comment on this?

also @hearty0
I had extra dimensional zombie pirates, that where skeletons back in i think B20/21 but in one of the updates the materials got messed up and they turned to candy corn, and I gave up on them

As for the bomb that messes up colors, I could do that with a massive -1 strength glow that is a solid block, that fills the screen. I have in fact considered this. but I don't like the increased health thing, I never have, except with bosses, but the exploitability of health increases in return craft makes this a big no.

any other suggestion for what it could do?

Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:46 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next