View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 11:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Paramedics: The Nurse you never knew. UPDATED 6-18-09 

Post Re: Paramedics: The healing you'll need tomorrow...today!
They slouch.

Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:07 pm

Why do you think they slouch? if you had that much weight dragging you down you would slouch too.

Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:47 pm

Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback, but I would like you all to also thank Contrary. I can't stress enough that it was his initial sprites and idea in the Requests forum thread here: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=14687

After a lot of back and forth-ing in the thread, the effort appeared to have died and been abandoned as of May 26th at the start of page 4 when I stumbled upon it just casually scanning through the Request forum. I made Contrary's initial idea possible, and improved upon what needed improving, then adding spins of my own.

Also, a Dummy nurse is in the works, though I think Contrary is actually working on that one. My 5 minute mockup had a picture in the thread above.

As for the feedback, wow! So many replies!
Roon3 wrote:
Oh nice, you fixed the harsh black line, looks much better now.
Edit: I suggest taking the coalition helmet a pixel down and moving the cross a pixel to the right. [/NitPicks]

Nit picks are welcome. I'll look into fixing those.
Eliminating the harsh black line took quite a few trial and error's. I wanted them to keep some outline while not being such an eyesore.

MaximDude wrote:
Nice boobs on the coalition one :-o

This is going to be pretty usefull.

/download

Thanks! To be honest, the boobs are exactly the same on all of them, but reshading that to fit coalition colors took quite a few tries. My first shots at it were awful looking.

Gotcha! wrote:
Nice going. :) I'll be making an activity file for this later. (Nurse swarms from hell!)
Poke me on msn sometime if you want me to send you some non-bearded lady sounds.

Ps: Isn't the fact that dozens, perhaps hundreds of people will virtually shoot up 'Daisy' a bit disturbing for you? :-P

Yeah the Nurses all have men sounds now, but I'll find some good ones to change it to.
As for Daisy, I'll just think she's doing good healing everyone's troops. She has GetsHitByMOs = 0 on my computer. :grin: , so I am spared the virtual destruction of my girlfriend.

shadow717 wrote:
On topic.
I really like this mod. The feet seem a little off however.

I've had tons of problems with the feet. I adjusted them 3+ times while this was being worked on in the Requests forum, and more than likely I'll end up redoing them again. I know now this is probably why females aren't in CC. Men can't sprite heels.

mail2345 wrote:
I would suggest the bonesaw be modified to fire weaker particles that actually remove limbs via lua.

You're such an Lua-nut! I'd gladly welcome that change though. It makes sense and would look awesome I bet. If you could show me step by step how to do that in PM, or show me what you've done with it, I'd give it a shot!

Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:15 pm

Code:
function Update(self)
local targetID = SceneMan:CastMORay(self.Pos, self.Vel, self.ID, -1, false, 0);
if targetID ~= 255 and MovableMan:GetMOFromID(targetID).RootID ~= targetID and MovableMan:GetMOFromID(targetID).PresetName ~= "Bone Saw" then
ToAttachable(MovableMan:GetMOFromID(targetID)):Detach()
end
end

Works and is tested for the lua end.

Main warning that I have is to not fire it when aiming down. You will cut off your own legs.

Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:35 pm

Ok, MaximDude sent me some Left 4 Dead rips of Zoey, and I added them to the Nurses as pain and death sounds successfully. Unfortunately, CC has some weird voice modulator that's making Zoey's sounds deeper, slower and kind of electronicy. Is there some way to bypass this filter for specific actors?

Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:54 pm

If you mean the normal slow down demon voice, then not really.
Players can hit ctrl+O ingame if they want to hear the medic scream normally.

Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:12 am

Females would be hard to add to this game, hah.

Could always speed up the sound files themselves and/or make them higher pitch.

Hitting Ctrl+O makes everything super fast for me in most levels, so that's a no go.

There's no way to play specific sounds as is without the time scalaing and without hitting Ctrl O?

Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:21 am

numgun wrote:
If you mean the normal slow down demon voice, then not really.
Players can hit ctrl+O ingame if they want to hear the medic scream normally.

Yea, sometimes it just lags tooo much a coalition guy would take 5 seconds to fall to his knees screaming in the pitch of a bass guitar 'awwWWWW~~W~~~W~~~~W~~~~~~~
W'. And for the majority of the time we're not hearing sounds as they should be.

But ctrl O is definitely a no for me. The action becomes all chopped up.

Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:38 am

In game music is unaffected by lag, but that's not an option.

Data should add PitchModifer and ForcePitchModifyer variables.

Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:45 am

Well, I used a program to edit all my female voice files and play them at 1.5 normal speed. They usually play just fine without hitting Ctrl+O, as the game lag for me slows them to a more normal speed. Sometimes they are higher pitched though...I guess this will vary depending on the computer and level and amount of stuff going on, but I think it's definitely better than a 100% chance for the female voice to sound low pitched and manly/slow.

Thanks for that latest Lua for the saw mail. I think it's working properly.
I'm doing one final test of everything and I'll release this update and see what other people get with the death sounds.

Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:56 am

LowestFormOfWit wrote:

Yeah the Nurses all have men sounds now, but I'll find some good ones to change it to.
As for Daisy, I'll just think she's doing good healing everyone's troops. She has GetsHitByMOs = 0 on my computer. :grin: , so I am spared the virtual destruction of my girlfriend.

You should totally do something along the lines of this:

You: Hey Daisy I put you into this game, you are a smokin hot nurse! That's you healing people! That's you getting shot at! And that is getting hit by dropship debris and exploding into a bloody mulch of blood and organs! :D

Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:12 am

She sits right next to me, so a play by play for her isn't necessary.

Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:26 am

gtfo your sprites suck get new sprites they suck noob

:P

You've done a far better job I could have conceived anyone of doing. Thank you for bringing my humble doodles to life.

*Thumbs up*

And about the voice thing... I dunno, I think crossdressers are pretty hot. I actually haven't Dled this yet... But I will now. BTW, did you manage to make my stabby shoes not suck?
Edit: Oh I thought you were joking about the Dummy Nurse, you can haz that if you want.

Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:24 am

Contrary wrote:
gtfo your sprites suck get new sprites they suck noob

:P

You've done a far better job I could have conceived anyone of doing. Thank you for bringing my humble doodles to life.

*Thumbs up*

And about the voice thing... I dunno, I think crossdressers are pretty hot. I actually haven't Dled this yet... But I will now. BTW, did you manage to make my stabby shoes not suck?
Edit: Oh I thought you were joking about the Dummy Nurse, you can haz that if you want.

Thanks, I was waiting for you to get in this thread. The voices are just fine with the fix I've done, at least for me. I will include the originals in case the high pitched ones I've done don't sound right on some people's machines. About the shoes, no I couldn't for the life of me make your shoes work. I couldn't even get my own shoes not suck.

The dummy nurse is just a planned inclusion, trying to cover all the vanilla faction bases eventually. I'll probably hold off on releasing any different nurse/medic after the dummy, since the other vanilla factions need more builds to flesh themselves out.

Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:46 am

LowestFormOfWit wrote:

Thanks, I was waiting for you to get in this thread. The voices are just fine with the fix I've done, at least for me. I will include the originals in case the high pitched ones I've done don't sound right on some people's machines. About the shoes, no I couldn't for the life of me make your shoes work. I couldn't even get my own shoes not suck.

The dummy nurse is just a planned inclusion, trying to cover all the vanilla faction bases eventually. I'll probably hold off on releasing any different nurse/medic after the dummy, since the other vanilla factions need more builds to flesh themselves out.

I'm gonna work on making a pretty dress after the Dummy Medic if you don't wanna make that.
Yeah, I made one shoe good, but it was impossible converting it to different angles after... Not enough pixels. Q.Q

Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next