View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 The C4 Shotgun V1.3 (fixes all around) 6/24/09 7:54 PM 

Post The C4 Shotgun V1.3 (fixes all around) 6/24/09 7:54 PM
C4 Shotgun

*BANDWIDTH EXCEEDED*
(this GIF displays the most recent sprites and offsets, the other GIFs are outdated)

Hello fellow brain people! Recently in my independent lab I was playing around with the C4 Sprayer I had recently ordered. I was attempting to make it fire a blob of C4, rather than a stream. As my efforts were underway, I was found by the dummy corporation who heard about my work and wanted to steal it. I looked on my camera display and I saw a dummy walking down the hallway to my lab. I grabbed my coalition shotgun that I "borrowed" and blasted him the moment he came in, but wouldn't you know it there was a dreadnought right behind him. Low on ammo and no match for a dreadnought, I grabbed the C4 sprayer and my shotgun and ran out my escape hatch. Ejected to the opposite side of the planet--alone and poor, I had to think of some way to retake the lab or I would die from exposure. I was still wearing my tool belt, and I had a lot of work to do...

A few hours later, the fruits of my labor began to ripen. I had fused the shotgun with the C4 sprayer, creating a deadly combination of steel and explosives. It was crude but effective. I returned to my base after several days of hiking(small planet). The lab was a fortress, the dummies were dug in deep. I sneaked around to a wall that on the other side was a room connected to my lab. I pressed my gun to the wall and fired, injecting C4 halfway into the wall. I reloaded and detonated the C4, releasing a confined but devastating explosion. The wall was obliterated, and a dummy standing directly next to the wall was in even worse shape than the wall itself! I proceeded to retake the lab. Whether I had to place a trap for approaching troops or blast a hole in the wall and decimate entire platoons of dummies, this baby did it all. I retook the lab, the dummies left me alone after that. I got a hold of one of their operation reports and my lab was deemed "a unaffordable loss, not suited for recapture".

Ever since then I have been improving my weapon, and now today I am selling my mass-produced models.

Weapon description:

This Shotgun fires two projectiles in secession. The first is a flak of of bullets, typical of any shotgun. The second projectile is a flak of C4 particles rigged to be detonated when the "z" button is pressed, which can be found near the primary trigger(press Z to detonate the C4. With version 1.3 and higher you may also use a separate detonator provided with the weapon). To coat the ground in C4 to destroy a large area, simply fire a shot at and angle(see figure 1). To inject an object with C4, simply hold the weapon to the wall and fire. This weapon used Phasing technology to allow the C4 to pass through enemies, allowing you to cover large areas with explosive when normally all the explosive would be stopped by the closest enemy(see figure 2). The weapon is excellent for clearing out those tricky defense placements(see figure 3). This weapon excels in breaching doors(see figures 4 and 5). The explosion is highly localized, but will kill anyone close enough to the explosion(see figures 6 and 7)
**WARNING** The C4 has been know to be detonated by jetpack sparks(see figure 8 ). Due to the nature of the weapon, it is fairly unstable and won't take too much punishment before exploding in your hands(see figure 9). Reportedly, firing C4 directly into other pellets of C4 will cause a chemical reaction resulting in the explosion of all particles near by(not shown). Also, high amounts of pressure may trigger an explosion(not shown).

Figure 1
*BANDWIDTH EXCEEDED*

Figure 2
*BANDWIDTH EXCEEDED*

Figure 3
*BANDWIDTH EXCEEDED*

Figure 4
*BANDWIDTH EXCEEDED*

Figure 5
*BANDWIDTH EXCEEDED*

Figure 6
*BANDWIDTH EXCEEDED*

Figure 7
*BANDWIDTH EXCEEDED*
(Note: The dummy doesn't die because he is crouching)

Figure 8
*BANDWIDTH EXCEEDED*

Figure 9
*BANDWIDTH EXCEEDED*

I will continue to improve this mod as people offer ideas and suggestions, so please do so.

Credits:
Asatruer for the C4 Sprayer which I largely based this weapon off of, using much of it's scripting.
mail2345 for some Lua help

Changlog:
V1.2 Added new way to detonate, using a separate detonator weapon like regular C4(CURRENTLY BROKEN, WORKING ON IT NOW). Can still be detonated using Z.
Balance tweaking, it won't chew up terrain as much and now requires two C4 injections to blow a hole big enough for the average actor to fit through.
V1.3 Fixed the detonator and undefined material.

Attachments:
File comment: The first version, more powerful but less balanced than V1.2. No second detonator.
C4 ShotgunV1.0.rte.rar [5.31 KiB]
Downloaded 297 times
File comment: Version 1.2. Added new detonation method, more balanced.
C4 ShotgunV1.2.rte.rar [5.89 KiB]
Downloaded 304 times
File comment: Fixed detonator and undefined material.
C4 Shotgun v1.3.zip [6.34 KiB]
Downloaded 808 times

Last edited by Foogooman on Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:29 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:20 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: The C4 Shotgun, blowing holes and decimating fields V1.0
Really cool concept, the sprite is decent, but it could use some gibs (Or just make the explosion bigger). I suggest making an emitter shoot both the bullets and the C4, this way you can be sure both shots fire.
And more C4 is nice too.

Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:38 pm
Profile WWW

oh look another uberweapon

Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:44 pm

Very well done, excellent for single player and very fun to use.
As for multiplayer, there are 2 things that might make things unequal in a normal fight:

-High penetration of C4 particles, rendering
even metal segments of walls into dust.

-Z button to trigger the blast.

So gathering from that, I can suggest two things:

-Lower sharpness on the C4 particles.

-Bind the C4 trigger to Sharpaim or Crouch or other mapped key so the detonation can be triggered by the player that fired the C4 blobs.

Other than that, I liked the story you wrote, extreme survival. xD
Also, not necesary, but you can make the weapon more personal looking by recoloring or even remodeling the gun sprite.

Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:44 pm

cambiogris wrote:

Thankyou. im glad i can come onto forums nowadays and see such helpful advice. you are an inspiration to others and i hope you continue to give good quality advice of this consistency.

Edit: oh wait wait its another fudging troll

Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:01 pm

This is an awesome weapon. Its fun to use and its effective. Good Job man.

cambiogris wrote:

Uber Weapon. Hardly. Over powered a bit yeah. An Uber Weapon is Ypsilon Cannon or Mega Map Wipe Bomb, or the Divide by Zero Weapons.

Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:21 pm

kind of reminded me of the mpams shotgun. altogether good concept but needs some polishing.

Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:42 pm

TuefelHundenIV wrote:
Uber Weapon. Hardly. Over powered a bit yeah. An Uber Weapon is Ypsilon Cannon or Mega Map Wipe Bomb, or the Divide by Zero Weapons.

right cool i know what an uberweapon is, don't attempt to patronize me

a shotgun that fires remotely detonatable super-explosives that cut through every type of material in the game

sounds totally balanced

Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:58 pm

Its fixable though.

Also it has drawbacks already like blowing up when damaged which leads to instant death.

Define me whats an uberweapon in your opinion.

Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:07 pm

cambiogris wrote:
TuefelHundenIV wrote:

right cool i know what an uberweapon is, don't attempt to patronize me

a shotgun that fires remotely detonatable super-explosives that cut through every type of material in the game

sounds totally balanced

I think its plenty balanced but if you call this a uberweapon then I guess you think the pistol is overpowered.

Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:08 pm

Post Re: The C4 Shotgun V1.2 (balance tweaking and detonation method)
Added new way to detonate, using a separate detonator weapon like regular C4. Can still be detonated using Z.
Balance tweaking, it won't chew up terrain as much and now requires two C4 injections to blow a hole big enough for the average actor to fit through. Less effective against tougher materials.

Wait, the new detonator isn't working all the time... fixing the code, hold on.

Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:42 pm
Profile WWW

The newer version has a bug for me. I'm playing B23. It says.

Abortion in file .\system\reader.cpp, line 531, because:
Referring to an instance ('C4 Wallbreaker') to copy from that hasn't been defined! in C4 Shotgun.rte\C4 Shotgun.ini at line 376!

I'm not whining about it or anything, I just thought it might be helpful for you to know. I liked the idea for this mod.

Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:52 pm

I changed it to C4 Walbreaker2 (added on the 2 at the end because there were several C4 Wallbreakers with 2 on the end) and the game loads. I guess you just forgot to add the 2.

Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:02 am

Yeah, now it works. It's a damn cool mod.

Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:04 am

Why did you make a triple post? Use the edit button.
Ontopic: The mod looks good, can't test right now though, will download later.

Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next