View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 DarKlone Tech 

DarKlone Tech
Witness the rebirth of one of the most fearsome factions to descend upon the unsuspecting planet of Midas! Able to steadily march forward through a hail of Dummy Dreadnought fire without a scratch, these mighty tanks rise again to do battle with the factions of B23 and beyond... all for your pleasure. I present to you the much-requested fully converted B23-compatible edition of DarKlone Tech, with permission of their author, Darlos9D. Enjoy!

In order:
1. DarKlone Light
2. DarKlone
3. DarKlone Heavy
4. Hover Turret
5. Scout Drone
6. Security Drone

Please note that only the DarKlone Heavies can sluff off dreadnought fire as if they were throwing soybeans. The others, however, have an amazing staying capacity.

Attachments:
DarKloneTech.rte.rar [4.49 MiB]
Downloaded 6282 times
Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:13 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: DarKlone Tech
Looks like 4 and 5 are backwards. Probably not but looks like it.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:55 pm
Profile YIM

Nope, they're correct. The Hover Turret hovers along the ground, as does the Scout Drone. The Security Drone is stationary, however.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:19 pm
Profile YIM

Ah, memories...

Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:28 pm
Profile YIM

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
Alright, Darlos likes it, so I'll dl. I don't need to test I guess...

Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:50 pm

Hell yes, I remember these guys. Time for DarKlone's VS Darkstorm!

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:07 pm

awesome i can finally use my favorite troops again :D

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:16 pm

it looks like you took the darkstorm concept, and added some unshaded sprites :0 I'm not sure about what everyone else thinks, but the units look awfully the same, except darkstorm has better spriting :roll:

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:11 pm
Forum Moderator

You're obviously new, this guy converted the old DarkStorm, it was called DarKlone back in the day

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:17 pm

Location: Hopefully in front of a gaming platform of some kind
Wow, time isn't kind. I'm nostalgic, but they look much worse than I remember. Still DLing for memories sake though.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:58 pm

yes i am new pelbox, but you can easily tell cuz your a moderator, all im saying is that it looks like a clone of darkstorm, the concept is very similar, along with the color pallet and many others... my point? too much like darkstorm and obviously pointless for reviving, or converting (do we still use bows and arrows in the wars we fight TODAY?!? no, we use guns, bows are old, this mod is old, darkstorm is modern, guns are modern, this mod is like saying it would be better to fight the guys with guns with bows and arrows, pointless and epic fail :roll: )

Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:36 am

Which is exactly why we burned all record of those abominable creations that shame us with their primitive inefficiency, and only ever reviewed the concept with scorn.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:52 am

PerfectKirby wrote:
yes i am new pelbox, but you can easily tell cuz your a moderator, all im saying is that it looks like a clone of darkstorm, the concept is very similar, along with the color pallet and many others... my point? too much like darkstorm and obviously pointless for reviving, or converting (do we still use bows and arrows in the wars we fight TODAY?!? no, we use guns, bows are old, this mod is old, darkstorm is modern, guns are modern, this mod is like saying it would be better to fight the guys with guns with bows and arrows, pointless and epic fail :roll: )

Er, DarKlones was created by the same person who made DarkStorm, Darlos9D. T'was one of THE mods back in the day as well!

Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:56 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

DSMK2 wrote:
PerfectKirby wrote:

Er, DarKlones was created by the same person who made DarkStorm, Darlos9D. T'was one of THE mods back in the day as well!

Hell it even was the Darkstorm of old.
[ DARKLONE IS DARKSTORM'S DADDEH ]

And I added translations.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:34 am

PerfectKirby wrote:

Do you enjoy classic gaming? If so, this is the same concept. If not, then it's nothing more than preference. My efforts aren't for naught if at least one person appreciates my efforts. :grin:

Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:36 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next