View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 The ORIGINAL 1860s Gatling style Rotary Cannon (prolly WIP) 

Post The ORIGINAL 1860s Gatling style Rotary Cannon (prolly WIP)
First mod.. Let's have a go at it.

Are you the kind of person who goes crazy over gadgets? Is there anything more satisfying to you that to watch your opponents vaped into a pile of ash? Do you get turned on by awesome sparkle magic?
If so, this product is not for you.

Instead, I present to you the ancient cannon design famously designed by Richard Gatling, a weapon so revolutionary that he hoped that it would end all war because the gun was so horrifyingly powerful?

Well, war never changes..

Note: This gun was meant for strong actors, like this guy here. Giving them to WEAK PATHETIC HUMANS may result in UNFORSEEN CONSEQUENCES.

BUT.. NOW YOU can harness the horrifying power of the Gatling Gun on the futuristic battlefields of today, cleverly modified by our engineers to be portable by STRONG, MANLY MEN OF AUSTRIAN DESCENT while maintaining as much of the scale and as many of the features (implied, not coded) of the original as possible!

Now, what's so awesome about carrying a cannon-sized rotary autocannon? Well, with this, you're slaughtering your opponents WITH OLD-SCHOOL STYLE.

But not only that, this weapon's rounds, while keeping them generally historically accurate, have been tweaked to HIT HARDER and penetrate the armored dreadnought shells you see today. In fact, more so than most modern bullets. And a 60-round gravity-fed magazine is more than enough ammo to do the job.

In addition, there is a hand crank placed near the magazine that operators can use to fire the weapon. However, despite the expected MANLINESS of the operator, due to the mechanism, don't even expect the rate of fire of that of an assault rifle.

However, a word of warning. Handheld guns the size of old cannons are VERY HEAVY. Any pansy-ass weaklings who try to carry the gun MIGHT GET CRUSHED UNDER ITS OWN WEIGHT. Not to mention that even if one does manage to hold onto the thing without breaking a leg, it'd look really weird.

Yet for those unworthy people, we have a solution forthcoming. A rotary gun mounted on a carriage with a modern targeting system and autocranking system installed for THOSE LAZY ASSES WHO WANT THE GUN TO DO ALL THE WORK FOR THEM!
However, it is not yet available as our factories have been having issues creating the right carriages and instead had to do with WWII era versions borrowed from the Weirmacht. (The gun is commented out. If you want to use this unfinished, unpolished, unfitting piece of work, fine)

Note: This gun was designed to replicate the original gun as accurately as possible while giving it a semi-unique fire support purpose in CC. Any comments about the size being too big or the muzzleoffsets being off will be ignored, because it was intended that way. Same with the lack of casings, as I'm pretty sure bullets of that time didn't have metal casings.
Also, it's a replica.. So it's not gonna have stuff like rust or anything.

Things to do:
Slightly better offsets
Better revved up gun sound
Finish the platform.
Think of other stuff that might fit.
Gib offsets need some tweaking. They work.. But sometimes..
Find a way to not make the magazine partially obscure the face of heavy actors.

Credits:
Numgun for borrowing his method of using glows on bullets to emphasize caliber.
Kettenkrad for his howitzer platform code and placeholder sprite.
EVERYONE who made those spriting tutorials. Made it WAY less of a pain than expected.
Geti, Sean Mirrsen, Coops for helping me through the spriting process.
Daldrez for a MAJOR sprite correction that TOTALLY SAVED MY ASS. Can't thank you enough, dood.
Lizard for shading recommendations

Attachments:
File comment: Version 0.9. Feedback appreciated.
Gatling.rte.rar [212.35 KiB]
Downloaded 501 times
Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:12 am

Post Re: The ORIGINAL 1860s Gatling style Rotary Cannon (prolly WIP)
It might be the recent paintball-shot-in-the-lower-leg but I'm DL'ing it!!!

EDIT: Ronin'd!!! NVM.

I can feel the manliness surging within me....or that's just the pain in my leg.

Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:45 am

It might be the odd colored ring at the end of the thing... but somehow it seems to me that Browncoat (in the screenshot) is Compensating For Something. At least the thing isn't using dual drum magazines... that'd be awful.

Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:28 am

Ok, just tested this, can you make the carriage movable? Other than that it's awesome.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:05 am

Oh an AWSOME sprite for once and thank you, for a while I thought I'd have to make my own

Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:20 am

GuardianTempest wrote:
Ok, just tested this, can you make the carriage movable? Other than that it's awesome.

I'm working on it.. I plan on making my own sprite instead of using this placeholder.. (On second thought the sprite is good, but the shading is not in tune with that of the gun)

And yeah, it needs to be movable..

I'll find myself time.. But there's a reason it's commented out right now.. Not done.

Actually, the more I try to fiddle with the walksets, the more I'm losing motivation cause the whole thing with mounting this on wheels was a simple afterthought.. I kinda want to get on with my next project, which is gonna be a stargate. That I'll probably start working on after winter break.

Even though I kinda suck at coding.. And my OCD with sprites means that it takes forever for me to do one.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]