View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 11:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 655 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 44  Next
 Zombies '09 

Post Re: Zombies 09
out of interest, what was causing the issues that made a mac version necessary? just so i can fix it next version.
sorry for the rushed product btw, im currently posting from my grandparent's laptop, and about to go out. im overseas, for those that missed that, which is teh only reason this wasnt released a few weeks in the future. no matter.

Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:53 am
Profile WWW

Wow, a couple of people got banned.

@Geti
Didn't someone mention somewhere that Macs can't recognise one of the slashes? ( / or \ )

Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:27 am

Backslashes, Macs can't recognise backslashes. But I highly doubt Geti would use a backslash at any time apart from 48 hour sleep deprivation.

Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:56 am
Profile WWW

Yeah, it was \ instead of /. I'm gonna sleep now because I just flew across the Atlantic.

Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:24 am

Overall very well done. The engineer's jetpack is quite nice as are the other zombies. I especially like the shotgun and gas grenade.

Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:27 am
Profile WWW

where was there a \? as allstone said, I know they cause errors and dont use them, i manually type my filepaths.. what .ini contained them?
thanks for all the positive criticism, i still need to make the resistance backpacks more interesting; i forgot i hadnt <_<

Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:20 am
Profile WWW

The JackHammer, AWP, Shotgun, TAR and Spade .inis use backslashes when referencing Base.rte\Null.bmp.

Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:50 am
Profile WWW

goddamnit. thank you for that. it'll be the first thing i do a mass ctrl+H on when i get back.
any comments on the gore system? anyone getting lag with any of the effects? (when used in intelligent amounts, obviously)

Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:03 am
Profile WWW

I love the zombie gore...
It's just... great.
Almost mesmerising.

Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:16 am
Profile WWW

I love the gore, its much better than in the alphas you sent me. What dislike is the "Blood Spray" bits fly all over the place, I think it looks strange. The emitter also tends to spam "Blood Blast," if you could tone down the amount it uses that would be great.

(Could you add the credits to the op please?)

Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:19 am
Profile WWW

credits and moar links added to the OP, and noted on the blood sprays roon. i'll tone down the velocities on the random burst script (not emitter), and see if i can make it not spam the MOSPs.
Allstone, thanks. hopefully i can get it even better looking next version. Any other comments on the gore system, from anyone?
gulstaff wrote:
Anyways, Can they actually be SEEN in zombie caves? Instead of standard zombies? Or is that the default zombie that the mission uses?
that could actually be a pretty decent demo of them. currently, they wont appear, no, but hey, next version there could be a comparative "revamp" of zombie cave, using these. maybe. as of now, just use the activities file WorldOfGooCorp provided (extra link in OP)
as it is for now i'll just be enjoying my holiday and not dedicating as much brain time as usual to this, but as it is i need some creepy skirmish stages and good activities. next version will just be tweaks and fixes (sorry mac users, too many late nights ><), and maybe the infection script. now this is out, i'll probably be updating it fairly frequently.

Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:04 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Zombies '09
Really sorry to bother you guys,but........
what do i do with the Zombie Activities.ini ?

It crashes when i rename it to Activities.ini and add it in the index.ini.....
Something about line 28.....

Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:58 pm

Gaah! Whenever I try to add the Zombie Activities to the Index.ini it just crashes when I load the game! I would really like to defend myself from hordes of zombies crashlanding in crappy rockets all over the place

Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:06 pm

WeirdowsXP wrote:
Really sorry to bother you guys,but........
what do i do with the Zombie Activities.ini ?

It crashes when i rename it to Activities.ini and add it in the index.ini.....
Something about line 28.....

Go and redownload it from my post. Also there's no need to rename it to Activities.ini y'know.

Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:22 pm

@1nfernal & WeirdowsXP: This mod refers to "Molotov Fire" which is defined in "Ronin.rte".

As far as I know, the only way to use a new activities file is to edit Base.rte files. In doing so, all the files in Zombies.rte is called before Ronin.rte, causing an error. Tutorial on replacing the activities file found here:
http://www.datarealms.com/wiki/index.php/Activities.ini

Anyway, the quickest way to resolve this problem would be to define a duplicate Molotov Fire AEmitter in Zombies.rte; I have done this for you in the attached file below. Let me know if it works for you =]

P.S. Place this file in Zombies.rte\Devices\Explosives

Attachments:
Molotov.ini [3.37 KiB]
Downloaded 281 times
Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 655 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 44  Next