View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 655 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 44  Next
 Zombies '09 

Post Re: Zombies '09
no it doesnt, it uses a completely separate fire from the ronin molotovs. i made sure of that. you should read the code before you try anything like that. the fire emitters can be found in zombies.rte/effects/fire/fire.ini

vanilla activities are in missions.rte as of now, so you have to deactivate them before adding any new activities.
WorldOfGooCorp's activities should work fine. you dont need to rename it or anything, just make sure its in zombies.rte and not commented out. my current activities.ini file in there isnt worth jack, as it doesnt define any spawns, and crashes the game. in hindsight, i should have removed it.

Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:33 pm
Profile WWW

Have you updated it recently? Because mine did use "Molotov Fire".

Lol, I just re-downloaded it. The Molotov.ini file refers to "Molotov Fire".

Code:
   AddEmitter = AEmitter
      CopyOf = Molotov Fire
      ParentOffset = Vector
         X = 1
         Y = -6
      DrawAfterParent = 1

Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:36 pm

*facepalm*
Go into Missions.rte
Open Missions.rte/Index.ini
Add "//" at the front of the line that mentions "Skirmish Activities.ini"
Copy the activities into Zombies.rte
Open Zombies.rte/Index.ini
Add
Code:
<Tab>IncludefFile = Zombies.rte/Zombie Activities.ini
Substituting the "<Tab>" for one press of the tab key on the left of your keyboard.

If it doesn't work then something's wrong with the Activities file, nothing wrong with the mod. Also, nothing you mentioned could actually cause it.

Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:00 am
Profile WWW

That worked; I guess my way was overcomplicated, but in my defense, it was the only "tutorial" I found.

Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:20 am

TheValiant wrote:
@1nfernal & WeirdowsXP: This mod refers to "Molotov Fire" which is defined in "Ronin.rte".

As far as I know, the only way to use a new activities file is to edit Base.rte files. In doing so, all the files in Zombies.rte is called before Ronin.rte, causing an error. Tutorial on replacing the activities file found here:
http://www.datarealms.com/wiki/index.php/Activities.ini

Anyway, the quickest way to resolve this problem would be to define a duplicate Molotov Fire AEmitter in Zombies.rte; I have done this for you in the attached file below. Let me know if it works for you =]

P.S. Place this file in Zombies.rte\Devices\Explosives

I know, I know, it's just that when I try to use WorldOfGooCorps activites by placing them into the zombies.rte and adding them to the load order in the index.ini it just crashes when loading, and replacing the missions.rte Skirmish Activites doesn't work because missions.rte load before zombies.rte and thus the copies can't be defined or w/e it tells you when it hasn't loaded the stuff you want to copy into the activites.

Sorry for not making myself clear enough, and for those who are wondering why the fudge there's two posts asking seemingly the same thing in a row, I didn't see WeirdowsXP's post until today because my internet was all screwed up

EDIT: Oh crap I didn't see 411570N3's post.... Will try that, although my way has allways worked before :P

EDIT 2: Didn't work, told me that the instance "Corpse Rocket" hasn't been defined...

EDIT 3: Wait, wait, wait, I thought you said add it to the missions.rte load order, oh what the heck, anyways, doing what you suggested, adding it to the load order in zombies.rte has allways given me a message that it can't read the line that I added to the index.ini, that's the reason to why I've been trying to do it in some other way

Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:24 am

Show Index.ini.
This works for everyone else.

EDIT: The line you add has to be at the bottom.

Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:01 am
Profile WWW

411570N3 wrote:
Show Index.ini.
This works for everyone else.

EDIT: The line you add has to be at the bottom.

I know, just found out what the problem was, I misspelled Activities :P
Now I just need to customize the activites to my liking.

Also, Corpse Rockets do some serious terrain rape when in the hands of the AI, because they usually survive the impact and keep digging :-(

Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:24 pm

They won't keep digging, their thruster isn't strong enough.

Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:44 pm
Profile WWW

Roon3 wrote:
They won't keep digging, their thruster isn't strong enough.

Still, it creates quite a hole, which usually is enough to keep the zombie who was onboard from getting out of the hole and charge at you

Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:47 pm

oh good god you tried to add activities to base.rte? that would explain the error. it works fine if you do it properly, but i'll make a new one next version, and probably fix the sprites up a bit. the vanilla molotov anim is fairly poor.
1nfernal wrote:
Still, it creates quite a hole, which usually is enough to keep the zombie who was onboard from getting out of the hole and charge at you
corpserocket is heavily WIP. i'll fix the digging and make the gibs less ugly soon. it does dig too much for its own good. i'll also make a better kind of drop pod for the resistance, and a stolen, pillaged, zombie one aswell. the corpserocket is more for fun than practical use, which means as the sole craft of the mod it does poorly in activities. i'll try to make it both more usable, less likely to get stuck and murder its cargo, and leave less ugly residue. goddamn craft are annoying to make though; so many sprites.

i'll import another fun craft from an old mod next version, by the way. i cant think of who to make it "for" though. i think resistance. its called the drop slug, its made of gibs and smokes a lot too but it was originally intended for use in a mod called "ImprovisedWeapons", which i'll be pulling some more content from. its the original source of the shotgun, though that version raped terrain a lot more than this one does.
the drop slug tends to be a lot more reliable than the corpserocket. it has twin doors, and is a drop ship. i can also make it perform what i intended to initially now, with lua.
i think i need to add moss and char-marks to the corpserocket, and chunks of soil. it feels too professional, and.. alive.
anyway, thats enough of that rant.

TODO UPDATE
-resistance concepts into computer and coloured for roon
-Fix the reactor
-Fix and make gibs for the witch.
-Use the redsplosion sprites in fire
-Add infection to the green gas
-Import Drop Slug
-Fix CorpseRocket Digging
-RELEASE
-Make the zombies purchasable as classes, not as individuals. -ie when you buy a docile zombie, you'll recieve a random docile individual. less clutter
-Moar Resistance (seriously, there'll be heaps of them once i'm done.) PLANNED STUFF
    -AITF alpha, beta, delta, omega variants (so thats not how the alphabet works, big deal)
    -Trenchmen (3 variants)
    -Aiden (Hero, therunner amp up, real quick, strong, going to add lua awesomeness to the jetpack and crouch buttons)
    -currently unnamed female hero (going to be a sword and pistol brawler, for awesome)
    -Quadruped walker with napalm cannon (eventually, weapon subject to change)
    FIRST TWO POINTS WILL BE DONE FIRST
-RELEASE
-Custom AI, lua based claws, and no weapons for the zombies (major nerf for them because of no range, buff damage soak-upping and probably add minor regen at this point)

Last edited by Geti on Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:18 pm
Profile WWW

Give the Drop Slug the resistance, it sounds more fitting for them.
Geti wrote:
2DO Stuff

What about my witch? (And other stuff I sent you before the release) :(

Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:04 pm
Profile WWW

Roon3 wrote:
What about my witch? (And other stuff I sent you before the release) :(

You mean the crusified (or however you spell it) zombie I saw while looking through the .rte (it's become quite a habit for me to do so with every mod I download)? What's it supposed to do, die for our sins AGAIN (apparently it's already done it once)?

Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:50 pm

i need gibs for her before i'll put her in, but i'll probably make them at the same time as fixing the reactor. will be in next version, probably.
yes, the crucified woman is the witch.

Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:23 am
Profile WWW

Geti wrote:
i need gibs for her before i'll put her in, but i'll probably make them at the same time as fixing the reactor. will be in next version, probably.
yes, the crucified woman is the witch.

Care to explain what function you plan her to have? A stationary sonic weapon perhaps (like the Siren in Killing Floor, only she's mobile)?

Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:58 am

If Geti didn't change anything, then she heals zombies and maybe buffs them in some other way too.

Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 655 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 44  Next