View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 655 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 44  Next
 Zombies '09 

Post Re: Zombies '09
All you need to do is set a description and name.

Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:49 pm

That should do it!

Replace your activities file w/ this. Choose the "Invasion" game mode from the activities menu and get to playing. Enjoy :)

Attachments:
Activities.ini [3.23 KiB]
Downloaded 301 times
Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:11 am

Re: Zombies '09
Question? When do you think you'll make a Zombies '11

Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:12 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

This year. Anything else you need to know?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:05 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Roast Veg wrote:
This year. Anything else you need to know?

It will be very different, if I recall, there will be cuts, and rewrites, lots of them, nothing will be the same.
Just an outpost, and a horde.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:35 pm

Hey Geti, is there any plans on a battle rifle weapon for the survivors? Is this even being worked on or planned to be?

Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:28 am

Not actively worked on but I have got some plans.

Essentially, the guns work out something like this:
  • Light rifles, .22s mostly. Useful for picking zombies off at a distance as their accurate enough, but not for close range.
  • Handguns, 9mm, .45, .30. Useful at closer ranges with a little more damage than the light rifles but not as accurate.
  • Shotguns, 12 and 20ga. Longer range than most "gamey" shotguns with a fair bit of drop. Essentially to get you out of sticky situations or kill groups from a way away.
  • Heavy rifles, Battle rifles, DMRs, Hunting rifle style stuff. If you've got bullets for them, you're set, as long as you don't get ambushed.
  • Explosives, Molotovs, Pipe bombs, Frag grenades. Mostly for area denial or splattering bodies.
Then you've also got health packs, infection cure packs, ammo packs and supply crates.

The supply crates will be what air-drop in the fort defense scenarios over time, and can also be found scattered around the map. They'll contain a random gun from one of the above classes and a reload or two of ammo. I'm not sure whether to let zeds drop ammo or not, because to be honest I haven't put that much thought into it.

I'm not likely to work on this for a while, as I've got what, 4 game projects going on and off at the moment? However, I'll hopefully get around to making some more zombies for CC by the end of '11, heh.

Of course, maybe I'll just implement that sort of thing in Prelude and save the hassle of working without lua on attachables and whatnot.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:17 am
Profile WWW

i dont know if this is counted as necro but the skirmishes dont work they say i need to put a computer on their team when they are locked ?

good mod btw

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:43 pm

Uh, I'm not sure I understand your question. If you've applied the activities correctly, you should be able to just start a skirmish defence activity, from what I understand. I honestly haven't tried it.

If someone would make a B24 "ZOMBIES" game mode I'd be much obliged. We've got a lot more flexibility now but I'm kind of caught up in uni and Prelude. (-> no robots for now either ;-;)

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:28 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

You could either rename the skirmish defence activity and give it a description, or you could write a Lua randomness one. I could do either, depending on what you want.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:33 pm

Hey Geti, it seems that whenever I use the skirmish activities, the zombies just stand there and claw the air, instead of attacking.
Is that intentional?

Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:05 am

No.
The AI script is ♥♥♥♥, afaik. I've no idea when or why that bug crept in, but it did.

I'm seriously not supporting this mod anymore though guys :P If someone like cavecricket or pete wanted to go sift through the horrible code and debug everything, they'd have my sanctioning, but other than that all software is supplied as-is with no further promises.

I'm working on Prelude, surely that's a better way to get your zed fix?

Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:09 am
Profile WWW

Geti wrote:
No.
The AI script is ♥♥♥♥♥♥, afaik. I've no idea when or why that bug crept in, but it did.

I'm seriously not supporting this mod anymore though guys :P If someone like cavecricket or pete wanted to go sift through the horrible code and debug everything, they'd have my sanctioning, but other than that all software is supplied as-is with no further promises.

I'm working on Prelude, surely that's a better way to get your zed fix?

A shame, I'm not a fan of Prelude, but I am a friend of this mod.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:02 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I've done the zombie skirmish activities, I might have a flick through the other code some time.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:50 pm

I really want this awesome mod to be finished :D .
Btw this works to B24 perfectly(Zombie'09 cave doesn't work because of all teams locked but 1 :P ).

Edit: I was testing to see what would fix the problem with the claws(the problem where you can hurt yourself by clawing near your head or legs or random wounds show up on your arm).I found out if you go to Zombies.rte/Devices/Melee and open Claws.ini and go to round claw/round strong claw to change ShellVelocity= -30 to ShellVelocity= 0 they won't kill themselves.

I hope my info helped some people :grin: .

Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 655 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 44  Next