View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 NEW FROM VICTORY LABS! 

Post NEW FROM VICTORY LABS!
Dr Victory's Feared Charge Lightning Cannon.
A MESOSPHERE MODULES TEAM PRODUCTION

This stripped down version of the Victory Labstm TESLABOTtm main combat armament, has been toned down and stabilised for use by even lighly armoured troop types.

TESLABOT tm (Coming soon!)

Function
The weapon uses a passive transference technology to draw the power of the Atmospheric tides located in the D-Layer (located in the ionoshpere of HAB CLASS-T planets atmospheres) from the compression magazine to create sufficient friction in the air to channel the bolt with an electromagnetic nano-particle stream.

This stream folds on itself so the length of the discharge is manageable for horizontal fire capability.

Here is the device in use against some soft targets.

Taking orders now don't forget to preorder our soon to be released TESLABOT.

Thank you for your patronage.

(Disclaimer: Victory Labs accepts no responsibility for the destruction of any Coalition military facility due to tampering with this weapon)

http://www.mesosphere.co.uk/CC_MODS/ChargeLaser.rte%20v2.7z

Our thanks for the use of technologies from the following

Testing and safety equipment = Data
Design Inspiration = Prom + Amrobotics
Existing elements = Gatling Cannon
Existing Sounds = Combination Victory's T800 mod, novodantis Cyberdyne mod + Base Gattling sounds

Last edited by Dr Victory on Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:34 pm
Banned

Post Re: NEW FROM VICTORY LABS!
OK, after testing, I can say that this is pure terrain rape. Also, it has joint and support offset issues. While the long Muzzleflash works here, because you used extremely sharp particles with high speed, sometimes one of those particles will break off from the main stream, and you'll end up with a main tunnel, and at least one line beside it. Otherwise... will this be a full faction? A lightning-based faction would be epic.

Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:46 pm
Profile YIM

No this is an edit of a Charge Laser Beam weapon I was working on I will be releasing variants aimed at being mounted on Dreadnoughts and Gunships...... hence the issues with the offsets I might update this with a more suitable sprite later.

Also the terrain eating nature is offset somewhat by the short range and limited Magazine size.

Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:54 pm

Dr Victory wrote:
Also the terrain eating nature is offset somewhat by the short range and limited Magazine size.

No man. If you wiggle it while firing you will create an actor-sized tunnel.

Overall fun to use though. It can kill a PANZOR instantly.

Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:44 am

The lightning is too thick and watery-like.

The beam needs to be random, erratic, thin and sharp looking.

Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:47 am

I might look at the sprites again but the idea was to have the bolt managed (in the description) and therefore not arc all over the place and for it to be quite concentrated.

The dread mounted version may have a more vicious arc.

Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:42 am

You should use particle separation so there isn't a delay between the electric muzzleflash and the invisible particles hitting them.

Didn't test it but I assume that's how it works.

Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:45 pm
Profile WWW

Dr Victory wrote:
I might look at the sprites again but the idea was to have the bolt managed (in the description) and therefore not arc all over the place and for it to be quite concentrated.

The dread mounted version may have a more vicious arc.

Don't be lazy. The bolt can still be concentrated and look like lightning.

This is amrobotics' old telsa gun, and it fires where it's supposed to, but still zaps around like projected lightning would.
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9616/teslagun.gif

If you insist on having the weird beam thing, just rename it to "energy gun" or "plasma rifle", because there's hardly anything tesla or lightning about the shot it has right now.

Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:35 pm

Suggestion:
It's a pair of lasers that ionizes two pathways, then passes current via that to the target.
Not exactly a Tesla device, but suddenly the shape makes more sense. Path of least resistance and all.
It just can't be at all good at digging.

There was a plane in Crimson Skies that had this weapon, I believe it was accredited to the Tesla of that world by the developers.

Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:53 pm

LFOW ok I'll change the sprites and release again (Not lazy btw just wanted it to look like that but I will make another sprite set with better offsets for infantry use) will be making a variant which releases ball lightning also.

I am in the middle of creating a new wildlife first tho.

Foogooman yes I used invisible particles then removed trails when I had them firing to the length of the bolt.
I dont have sparkle magics but thought this was a fairly easy way to achieve the effect.

Particle separation?? didn't think there was much lag between the bolt and the damage.

PhantomAGN instead of ionizing lasers i used an electromagnetic tunnel emitter which folds on itself at the length of the beam I will show this better in the resprite.

Sorry for all those who are precious about the name Tesla I thought it was similar to the tesla towers from Red Alert hence.... also thats right the subconcious http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZFlkl1011w Quake 1 Lightning gun.

Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]