View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Weapon Dispensers (Update 8-15-09) Combat Drones! 

Post Re: Weapon Dispensers (Update 8-15-09) Combat Drones!
Not sure if this is necessary with the time passed and all but I can't seem to get it to work with anything besides stuff that exists within base.rte(or coalition, ronin, etc). Any time anything else is being created it gives me the whole
Quote:
abortion in file .\system\DDTerror.cpp line 109 because: assertion failed: Stream suggests allocating an allocatable type in magazine::round::create! the last screen has been aborted to abortscreen.bmp
thing not sure if this can be helped but I figured it could help those who are having problems.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:40 pm

I have seen that error before. I do not like it. I'm not even sure what it means.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:43 pm

:???: All I know is that's all it gives me if I try to create something that's not Vanilla content with the dispensers.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:52 pm

I could wip up some Lua weapon dispensers, it'll be better than these and you don't have to mod it to add weapons.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:54 pm

Kiktamo wrote:
Not sure if this is necessary with the time passed and all but I can't seem to get it to work with anything besides stuff that exists within base.rte(or coalition, ronin, etc). Any time anything else is being created it gives me the whole
Quote:
abortion in file .\system\DDTerror.cpp line 109 because: assertion failed: Stream suggests allocating an allocatable type in magazine::round::create! the last screen has been aborted to abortscreen.bmp
thing not sure if this can be helped but I figured it could help those who are having problems.

That error is actually a common one, and traces back to the earlier builds of CC. The most common cause for it is trying to add a particle directly to the "Regular Round =" or "TracerRound =" lines in the magazine. Anything that isn't a "Round" object or a null pointer will cause that crash, but only when the weapon is fired. Now, I don't know how exactly your code works, Cricket, but some line in the middle of it must be causing that incorrect reference.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:14 pm
Profile WWW

You really should make some sort of lua'ed nano-assembler. The Cloning Factory is way superior to these tubes, because no modding is required. Just stick in a unit and begin cloning. If you had a weapons factory, then we could use the two of them as an excellent way to outfit a base.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:22 pm

The Egotist wrote:
You really should make some sort of lua'ed nano-assembler. The Cloning Factory is way superior to these tubes, because no modding is required. Just stick in a unit and begin cloning. If you had a weapons factory, then we could use the two of them as an excellent way to outfit a base.

or you could just equip your soldiers before you stick them in the cloning factory.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:07 pm

I know, but with less weapons the clones come out faster. and with a selection of weapon dispensers, you could customize them... I figure weapon dispensers would be cheaper than the factories, so it would be easier to make several of them than to make several factories with differently equipped clones.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4