View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Skullz Federation ALPHA 

Location: Hanging from a cliff - and that's why I'm called Cliff Hanger!
Post Skullz Federation ALPHA
This is an Alpha release of a Skully-based faction I am making. I wanted to see what people thought of it so far. Don't complain about EVERYTHING becasue it is an ALPHA release and I will put custom sounds but for now it uses Base.rte sounds so don't complain about that. I'm also posting this as proof I make this mod because my Beta-tester I fired may just post it.
Contains a Custom Skeletal Actor - Still being worked on
An automatic blunderbuss (NO not just the Base.rte one made fully auto)
An anti dropship/rocket gun - SUCKS versus infantry. Read the gun descriptions to use them properly.

Attachments:
SkullzFed.rte.rar [55.9 KiB]
Downloaded 361 times
ScreenDump003.bmp
ScreenDump003.bmp [ 990.55 KiB | Viewed 11431 times ]
ScreenDump018.bmp
ScreenDump018.bmp [ 312.04 KiB | Viewed 11431 times ]

Last edited by Roland Kane on Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:49 am

Post Re: Skullz Federation ALPHA
No pics no...
Roland Kane wrote:
Will upload screens - making them now!

Ok, I'll wait, then.

Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:55 am

+1 for the mod actually loading everything
-1 for not referencing all the Vanilla sprites and instead giving me more copies of them
-1 for AT-Buzz weapon (I assume the anti drop ship one), gibbing the actor who tried to fire it (your skelly).
-1 for Auto Blunderbuss spreading shots so much aiming is a waste of time
-1 for Auto Blunderbuss looking like it fires packs of macaroni
and

-5 for this: Image
Score: -8

Honestly I think you need to test with yourself more and spend more time on just about everything. This is barely off the concept stage, if there was one. It's just not enough material.

Don't expect much positive criticism from this. It looks like maybe an hour's worth of development time at best.

Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:09 am

well i have no actual way to test this as the computer i am on does not have cc. however from what LFOW(damn there similar looking avatars) has said and the pictures, this looks like a fairly decent alpha. the concept isnt that great though you may want to switch to a more "space necromancer" type faction.

Last edited by Manticore on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:26 am

Err. Grif has not posted here. Yet.

Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:47 am

LowestFormOfWit wrote:
+1 for the mod actually loading everything
-1 for not referencing all the Vanilla sprites and instead giving me more copies of them
-1 for AT-Buzz weapon (I assume the anti drop ship one), gibbing the actor who tried to fire it (your skelly).
-1 for Auto Blunderbuss spreading shots so much aiming is a waste of time
-1 for Auto Blunderbuss looking like it fires packs of macaroni
and

-5 for this: Image
Score: -8

Honestly I think you need to test with yourself more and spend more time on just about everything. This is barely off the concept stage, if there was one. It's just not enough material.

Don't expect much positive criticism from this. It looks like maybe an hour's worth of development time at best.

Now THIS is why there is a lack of new modders. Do you not understand the term "Alpha"? This mod is clearly not done, the skeleton is being worked on, thus meaning that it is not done, therefore can not be criticized until it's final release, who knows, maybe there will be a specific AT Skeleton which can survive the AT Rifle firing. The Auto-buss is obviously meant as a close quarters weapon, thus is not meant to work at a distance, thus removing the point of the need to sharp aim.

Seriously people, what happened to the days when a new modder could post their mod without being criticized by people who do not understand that not every mod that comes to existance is a "dev-quality" mod, and by people who do not understand that the term "alpha" means that the mod is in its earliest stage and is no where near completed? I highly doubt that this mod will receive any updates if the feedback continues like that.

Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:28 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

LFOW didn't do anything wrong. He wasn't harsh about it at all. Aside from a bit of sarcasm, he was just giving his point of view on the mod. As much as it is an alpha, the mod creator asked for criticism on what is currently there, and LFOW gave it. Is it expected that even if you don't like a mod your response will be "it is good"? There are some very obvious flaws with this mod that should have been dealt with before even releasing as an alpha.

Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:32 am
Profile WWW

Whats the point of even arguing anymore? I said what I had to say. I will post in this no more. I hope this community will once again become like it was back when B13 was out.

Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:36 am

You need to understand that sensitive feedback helps no one.

Should I lie and say it's the best mod ever?
Should I tell him, well, that's fantasic!
No.
You either say it like it is or you say nothing at all.
Otherwise, nothing improves.

There's not enough material to give any kind of real feedback on, and in the little material presented, there are major faults that need to be identified. Honestly if new talent can't take the truth about their work, than it's not talent we can grade properly.

I was heavily criticized on all my first works. Why?
Because they sucked ♥♥♥♥, and looking back I'm glad I was told they sucked ♥♥♥♥, because I wouldn't have tried to improve my talent or technique to match what is considered acceptable and above.

Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:16 am

:/ I don't see what the big deal is. Constructive criticism is great.

I tried to sharpen my skills by working on Indie Brawl at TIG Forums, but the main guy there was always so polite and wouldn't actually help me out like I wanted. :<

If you're doing something for praise rather than to increase your skill in that particular area, you shouldn't be doing it.

LFOW you butt, having to post right before me.

Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:19 am

ITT: Delta_07 reminisces about his glory days.
also, the fair maiden LowestFormofWit is giving genuine criticism. For which, i commend her.

Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:41 am

Delta_07 wrote:
the skeleton is being worked on, thus meaning that it is not done, therefore can not be criticized until it's final release
Logical fallacy? It can certainly be criticized.
Isn't that actually what releasing an alpha is actually for?
Without comments it's not going to magically become something everyone likes, that's a pretty anomalous outcome of a random creation.

As for this mini-faction, I kinda like the concept, though it's not clear exactly what the story might be.

Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:08 am

Delta_07 wrote:
Whats the point of even arguing anymore? I said what I had to say. I will post in this no more. I hope this community will once again become like it was back when B13 was out.

You're copping out of the responsibility you take when you post a mod. You're going to get criticized wether you like it or not if the mod is less than spectacular so grow up and get over it. People like you sicken me; no tienes cajones.

Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:51 pm
Profile WWW

Location: Hanging from a cliff - and that's why I'm called Cliff Hanger!
LowestFormOfWit wrote:

They are custom sprites try looking at them. The AT-Buss is going to have an AT Skully to use it, didn't you read the description which says to use an AT soldier not a grunt, or did you use for 1 second and complain. And for your sprite complaint- what do you expect? It's a grunt... he's meant to just be a skully with metal strapped on.

Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:01 pm

I tihnk you need to get rid of the blunderbuss sprayer. You know what it does? It sprays, not concrete, but bullets. So please make it more like a gun...

Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next