View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next
 [WIP] NovaMind [Updated to B27] 

Post Re: [WIP] NovaMind
yea lol thanks for indulging my noobishness.

Idk I just thought that since this was a mod that maybe it would have an advantage (slight advantage) over the Standard troopers.

I wasn't thinking of like NumGum's level of invincibility but just something that can maybe survive UniTec soldiers. I currently have the UniTec as my activities for skirmishes and I use different mods to see how well they stand up against them. UniTec I think is well balanced and I use that as a standard.

Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:26 am
Loose Canon

duo9ace wrote:
yea lol thanks for indulging my noobishness.

Idk I just thought that since this was a mod that maybe it would have an advantage (slight advantage) over the Standard troopers.

I wasn't thinking of like NumGum's level of invincibility but just something that can maybe survive UniTec soldiers. I currently have the UniTec as my activities for skirmishes and I use different mods to see how well they stand up against them. UniTec I think is well balanced and I use that as a standard.

Go ahead and TRY to break the Ahnihilator

Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:01 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

Crow wrote:
This mod is brilliant.

Question: You made the jet packs more powerful than average but with shorter bursts -- did you do this because it makes these clones more agile in a low-gravity environment, or was that just a happy accident?

Actually, that was because bubsy said it was really heavy and unable to fly very far

Thunder Toes wrote:
It's wiggly and wobbly like that because of the sprite offsets he set.

Please explain. The only sprite offsets I have edited is that of the helmet, breastplate and jetpack. Everything else is vanilla Browncoat Heavy

Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:53 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

These guys can beat a dreadnought in one-on-one, or maybe even a copule of them and countless amount of dummies, so the price is ok and can be even higher for such an armor.

Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:50 am
Banned

p3lb0x wrote:
Thunder Toes wrote:
It's wiggly and wobbly like that because of the sprite offsets he set.

Please explain. The only sprite offsets I have edited is that of the helmet, breastplate and jetpack. Everything else is vanilla Browncoat Heavy

That's good though -- these guys are for more maneuverable in space than Coalition troops.

EDIT: You might consider toning down the gun, though. It's really quite powerful, and can take out a crowd of armoured clones and dummies in just a few seconds.

Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:11 pm

Actually, I think the Garrett should have its power ramped up so it's useful to salvage them to combat enemy NovaMinds.

Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:28 pm

I think the LMG is good but needs a more solid gun round.

The mortor thingy is just a little ridiculous. I think it should be scratched or changed. It seems like a good weapon but I think the mortar rounds need to be less curvy and more straight-ish.

Btw, why is the ammo count for the LMG set at 52? That makes absolutely no sense.

Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:18 pm

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
Because there are 52 bullets in the clip. And the Anti-Spacesuit carbine is a copy of his earlier mod, dummy drunken missile launcher. I think he should add the other one too.

Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:30 pm
Forum Moderator

Not really a copy, more of a remod of it as it was perfect for what I was thinking about for the SN-15. I haven't really messed a lot with the balancing on those yet.

edit:

Bulking up to make the Medium. I am having Grif cook up some anti air missiles. We will see how it goes

Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:25 pm

Flammablezombie wrote:
clip.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Magazine =/= clip.
Medium looks nice.

Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:06 pm
Forum Moderator

So, for the shoulder missile pods. Should they be a single use weapon or reloading? Grif is telling me he can do either

Also, initial railgun sprite+animation

Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:21 pm

Are they going to be able to be fired when the actor has another weapon selected? Like, fired by a seperate key? I think they should be reloadable in any case, because single-use weapons seem kinda pointless in CC, you'll use it on a single actor or maybe a small group and then never again, but the enemies will just keep coming. Maybe have some static facility to have them reloaded rather than the spacesuit its self having an infinite supply of ammo. If not, multiple but limited use would be ideal.

Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:29 pm
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Probably going to go with triple-tap sharpaim/inventory to fire, and if general consensus is such, gradually reloading.

Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:33 pm

Grif wrote:
Probably going to go with triple-tap sharpaim/inventory to fire, and if general consensus is such, gradually reloading.

By that do you mean having it load rockets one-by-one over time? I'd like to see that, means you can fire them to supplement fire from the main weapon when fighting large numbers of weak targets, or let it reload fully to kill a heavy actor. Maybe have it so as each rocket is loaded, the next one loads slightly faster so it's more viable and rewarding to execute a heavy attack rather than constantly spamming rockets when fighting a tough enemy? Not sure how possible this would be though, my understanding of Lua is limited to the point of not understanding it at all.

Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:45 pm

Yeah, I vote a slowly reloading rocket pack. And to fire the rockets, is holding the command menu open for, say, 2-3 seconds plausible? I'd like that more.

Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next