View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Coalition re-skin 

Post Re: Coalition re-skin
I would like a version with tracers too! It looks a lot cooler without tracers but gameplaywise I'd rather have them in there. My first post on this forum btw!

Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:28 pm

Hieronumos wrote:
I would like a version with tracers too! It looks a lot cooler without tracers but gameplaywise I'd rather have them in there. My first post on this forum btw!

Believe it or not, you can view anyone's profile and find their first (or at least earliest available) post on this forum. So there's actually no need to announce it.

Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:10 pm

Quote:
<Jake> viewtopic.php?p=303573#p303573
<Jake> he's not cool enough to say this

I agree

Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:27 pm

Err i tried with the tracers but for some reasons i don't even know why they don't show up. The tracer color is there, not 255,0,255 and the length is there too so i really don't know why the tracers won't show up. Maybe I looked in the wrong files.

Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:40 pm
Banned

All of the tracer and bullet colours are still there, they've just been commented out.

Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:26 am

Crow wrote:
All of the tracer and bullet colours are still there, they've just been commented out.

Okay I'm feeling dumb now.

Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:55 pm

Hey, this is a really nice modification to vanilla content. It not only changes the aesthetic, but the game feels much different when you play with this mod's content only. Probably the best single aspect in my opinion is the new sound effects. They punch, pierce, and moan quite effectively. The death throes sfx are definitely a nice touch. The lack of bullet visibility really changes the way it plays fundamentally.

Suggestions:

Tracers may take away from the feel you are going for, but maybe consider putting them in the minigun, or add a weapon with them. When you can't see where your bullets are going, tracers become a distinct advantage (and sometimes disadvantage) and will probably spice up play. And I don't mean every bullet, I mean like actual tracers. Every fifth bullet burns so you can see where your shots are going.

I think the actors are way too weak from fall damage, or at least, their limbs. I think I know you wanted the actors to be more fragile, but I think you should of done it a different way. Right now, you can take a short fall and explode into chunks, and another actor can brush your arm and have it shear right off. I don't like that much, really, especially when the actors can stand up to a near full clip of ammo from the AR before dropping. I'm not 100% sure on how damage works in this game, but if there was a way to increase the actual damage dealt from falling, but keep the gibimpulse limit on the body high, you'd get a better balance. Keep the joint strength of the limbs high, it's just frustrating when your actor bumps into another and his gun arm falls off. Maybe increase the damage that wounds deal while also increasing gibwoundlimit, so that those medics you made can really start to shine.

For the weapons, the most important thing that should be modified is the sharpness on everything. This mod is very terrainrapetastic. I can take a rocket launcher and tunnel my way through reinforced plating and concrete at an unprecedented rate. It's a bit too much, in my opinion. The sniper rifle seems to have an adequate sharpness, but the shotgun and the AR definately cut too much. I can tunnel my way through base walls with them, which really seems like a bad idea. In all honesty, I think very little to nothing should be able to get through that reinforced plating. The weapons that do that should be reserved for that purpose, ie, heavy diggers, satchel charges, air strikes, etc.

Anyways, I like this. I've been using it exclusively lately. It's really that interesting.

Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3