View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 [WIP] Mobile Suit Gundam(Ver. 1.4, Sieg Zeon!) 

Post Re: [Semi-WIP] Mobile Suit Gundam: Harmony of CC (Ver. 1.0)
The Fat Sand Rat wrote:
Oh, so these are 1/10th scale remote-controlled models, not actual suits. I see.

Yeah, no. Maybe have an attachable camera on the top of the head, since that got destroyed a fair bit in the show.

And the MG RX-78 has a hollow plastic head. The arms and legs have some internal structure, but the head does not.

Yeah, they are (realistically) 1/10 scale robots for brain use, with a controller unit (similar to the ones found in the dummies and Tradestar robots) instead of a cockpit.

The head is designed to be able to be 'shot off' without killing the actor in the process, to spice things up.

Pretty much all of the MG incarnations of the Gundam had a plastic shell with no internal details, but the MG RX-78 Gundam Ver. 2.0 has a complete inner frame, which is what I based this actor on. Yes, the RX-78 used an exo-skeleton concept (where the mechanics are attached to the armor) rather than an endo-skeleton (where the armor is sledded onto a mechanical/structural frame), but the inner frame system will only be applied to the head and torso, because it is too hard to apply it to the legs.

Where I got the inner frame idea for the actor from:
Surprisingly, even the hand has armor plating...

Also: progress report. Added outlining to the arms and legs, and just need to Work out some bugs in the wounds. Also working on a beam rifle. Probably a few days before next update.

EDIT: Done the Beam Rifle, and now the only thing holding me back is the actor. It still has the 'cannot define property in (insert filepath) at line 1!', but I can't find anything wrong! Here's the first block of text, and the Abortscreen.bmp:
Code:
AddEffect = MOPixel
   PresetName = White Devil Oil Drop
   Mass = 0.01
   HitsMOs = 0
   GetsHitByMOs = 0
   Color = Color
      R = 0
      G = 0
      B = 0
   Atom = Atom
      Material = Material
         CopyOf = Water
      TrailColor = Color
         R = 0
         G = 0
         B = 0
      TrailLength = 3

Otherwise, that's the only thing left to do. Anyone know what's wrong? Also, any weapons requests?

Attachments:
File comment: Don't think it's going to be of much help though...
abortscreen.bmp
abortscreen.bmp [ 900.05 KiB | Viewed 5982 times ]
Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:47 pm

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
Yeah, you do have a different version of the MG kit than I do.

And the weapons (especially the RX-79[G] and GM Kai machine guns) would be kinda nice to play around with.

I still think clones in zaku-esque or GM-esque armor would be better than brain-controlled Gunpla, but as long as the guns are good, I'll probably still like it anyway.

Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:40 pm

Bumpdates r fun.
Ver 1.2 added. Additions include:
-180mm Cannon
-GM Sniper's Beam Sniper Rifle
-Ground Gundam's shield
-RGM-79 GM (Cannon fodder rush!)
-GM's Beam Spray Gun

Still to do:
-the MK II's spread-shot bazooka (Still can't get it to work quite as planned...)
-Finish the Exia (I'm a lazy bum...)

As always, I'm open to suggestions.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't realize I was the last to post in the thread. Cleaned up.

EDIT2: Ver. 1.3 up. Stuff includes the Exia (still need to do the other 6 swords), the Leo machinegun, and a few variable mode weapons, like:
-GP02A's Beam Saber/High output beam
-RX-78's Beam Rifle/Super Napalm
-Exia's GN Sword Rifle/Sword Mode
-Trikeros Beam Rifle/Beam Saber/Harpoon modes
-Zeta's Beam Rifle/Sword
And, a module icon for easier sighting.

Last edited by Point.blank on Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:48 pm

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
Post Re: [WIP] Mobile Suit Gundam(Ver. 1.3, Armed Intervention)
I really like the way most of the weapons look. They're genuinely nice.

But the actors... gah.

I'd recommend respriting Coalition until they look like mobile suits, rather than starting from scratch.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:28 am

The beam spray gun looks horrible, Placeholders? THEY MUST BE.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:57 pm

I'm kind of lost here I must have missed something. Mainly because I don't see this GN sword mode anywhere, what is this float mode and how do I access it, and lastly do any of these guns have a lua alt fire mode set to a certain key or did I just read something horribly wrong in everyway.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:46 am

Point.blank wrote:
All variable-mode weapons can be changed through the 'go to digging AI' button in the pie menu, next to the 'Drop held device' button.
READ. PLEASE. IT'S SORT OF IMPORTANT.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:15 am
Profile WWW

zeno39 wrote:
I'm kind of lost here I must have missed something. Mainly because I don't see this GN sword mode anywhere, what is this float mode and how do I access it, and lastly do any of these guns have a lua alt fire mode set to a certain key or did I just read something horribly wrong in everyway.

It kinda pays to read through the post. The Exia Float mode is directly underneath the regular Exia (with a 'float mode' in brackets), and all variable-mode weapons are switched through the 'go to Digging AI' button, similar to how Cavecricket's pulse rifle is.

dragonxp wrote:
The beam spray gun looks horrible, Placeholders? THEY MUST BE.

Unfortunately I don't have a beam spray gun replica in front of me, so I can't really make an accurate one. I'll try to make it less... suckish for the next release.

The Fat Sand Rat wrote:
I really like the way most of the weapons look. They're genuinely nice.

But the actors... gah.

I'd recommend respriting Coalition until they look like mobile suits, rather than starting from scratch.

Actually, I find re-sprites slightly harder than starting from scratch. These were based on the heavy coalition proportions, so the Exia kinda looks funny when walking. As soon as I learn (and by that I mean understand) walk paths, I should get this fixed.

EDIT: Ver. 1.4 up. Details in the OP. Notable things include:
-Zaku II
-Ground Gundam
-more weapons

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:02 am

Post Re: [WIP] Mobile Suit Gundam(Ver. 1.4, Sieg Zeon!)
hey, i wanted to play this really bad and downloaded it, halfway throught the loading it said failed to load zaku ii at line 52 in zeon activitys, any ideas?
(sorry if this is a dubble post)

Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:12 pm

unwoundpath wrote:
hey, i wanted to play this really bad and downloaded it, halfway throught the loading it said failed to load zaku ii at line 52 in zeon activitys, any ideas?

That's grand stupidity on my part; I was so rushed to release the update that I forgot to check if anything was wrong. Just delve into the Zeon Activities.ini, and change all "Zaku II" to "MS-06F Zaku II". Sorry about any inconveniences. Also, expect the GP02A in the next release, because I just got the references I need to sprite it!

Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:18 am

thanks, i did what you said and it worked! dont worry about the inconvennce thought, it was well werth it. my favorite part has to be the actors, they look great! if you could make the red tank dude that would be hard but great! thx for the great mod.

also he could be a tank for modding purposes.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:09 pm

I came about 30 times. This is awesome.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:10 am

I might be beating a dead horse- But please, get a decent spriter >.> I liked the Float Exia, but the close range weapons had far too small of an area- And were weak. This mod FEELS weak and unwieldy- The 180 MM cannon has a massive scope... TAnd fires bullet so heavy they go 60 pixels at the most!

Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:07 pm

unwoundpath wrote:
If you could make the red tank dude that would be hard but great! thx for the great mod. also he could be a tank for modding purposes.

Red tank? The only MS that come to mind are the RX-77 Guncannon (red, but not a tank), or the RX-75 Guntank (has a tank-base, but it's not red). And, both have shoulder cannons, which will probably require some Lua script to implement it the way I see it now.

Zoroaster wrote:
get a decent spriter

By sprites, are you referring to the weapons, actors, or the general style of the sprites? Either way, there's not much I can do to change sprite styles (or much else in terms of spriting) until I get better, which takes ALOT of practice. Of course, If someone can make sprites that I find of adequate quality (and quite obviously, better than the weapons' current sprite), I'd be glad to add their name and sprites to the mod.

Zoroaster wrote:
the close range weapons had far too small of an area- And were weak.

The Exia's GN long/short blades might be a bit weak for their price, but the GN sword is a variable-mode weapon, and I might make tweaks to blade performance for the next release. Beam sabers, on the other hand, are very powerful; I don't intend on making them any more powerful than they are.

Zoroaster wrote:
This mod FEELS weak and unwieldy

It (the mod) is not supposed to be able to defeat something like an AAL MPAM, but more or less be able to have a slight advantage against vanilla forces. I might tweak things to be stronger or weaker where necessary, or have an overpowered weapons set.

Zoroaster wrote:
The 180 MM cannon has a massive scope... And fires bullets so heavy they go 60 pixels at the most!

Due to the nature of the ground-pounding cannon, being an artillery cannon and all, it was meant more for parabolic fire than direct fire; try pointing it up at a 45 degree angle or higher, and you'll find that it can shoot even farther than the sharp-aim can see!

Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:38 am
Forum Idiot

Point.blank wrote:
unwoundpath wrote:

That's grand stupidity on my part; I was so rushed to release the update that I forgot to check if anything was wrong. Just delve into the Zeon Activities.ini, and change all "Zaku II" to "MS-06F Zaku II". Sorry about any inconveniences. Also, expect the GP02A in the next release, because I just got the references I need to sprite it!

HAY I DID WHAT you said and ehhh it didnt work o.o any other suggestions?

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next