View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Shamsy Electric Technologies - update 26/01/11 

Post Re: Shamsy Electric Technologies - update 11/11/09
Bumpdated with aforementioned fixes and new stuff.
Still needs help on EMP stun held weapons (non-TDE)...

Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:57 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Are the weapons still one-handed, the Harbinger appears to be and seeing it's a rotary cannon it doesn't make that much sense.
Also, casings seem to burn through the ground like DSTech weapons. :P

Can anyone point out where the .ini is that lists the added Dummies, it's wasted space for me and makes the Actor list too cluttered.
Other than all that this is a nice faction.

Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:23 pm
Profile WWW

One-handed? I've fixed that already. And as for casings, it's probably because B23's standard shells are acidic. I believe there's a topic for this, look it up (search for ammo fix). And the dummies are dispersed in the weapons .ini s.

And yeah, I still need help on the weapons in Electro.ini, they currently suck hard, and I don't know what makes them suck so hard.

Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:36 am
Profile YIM WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

These could need some shading.

But other than the shading, they really look awesome.

Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:39 pm

Is it just me or do the arms on the humaniod type mech still pop of under the weight of a feather. Seriously I was using the mech when a tiny gib piece going at a pretty good but no lethal speed hits the gattling gun and the whole freak arm ejects off like it got hit by a dropship or something. I've tested this with normal clones and they only seem to wobble, nope no loss of limbs or anything just wobbling.

Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:46 pm

Well that's weird... the arms on the battlesuit has 30000 jointstrength and gibimpulselimit. This is just weird. Lemme try upping it to 50000.

And on another note could anyone help me with the lua on the electro weapons? I really need the advice/fix/critic!

Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:18 am
Profile YIM WWW

The spriting is really good. The colour choices and shapes are really nice- I like how you used more than two colours while keeping everything coherent a nice to look at. Bonus points for not using black and red or blue and white or anything obvious like that. The lack of shading in some places does give it a flatter feel than certain other spriting styles, but with the colour scheme it works out as complementary, almost. The 'bots have a really nice, distinct feel to them. The broad, broad armour plates are really made unique and also unified by the markings. The drones are nice, we always need more of those. The guns feel like they feel their separate niches well, and personally I like the load outs. The offsets are without flaw (as far as I can tell) and overall the mod seems fairly balanced (minus the mech).

On the other hand, there are some issues. Although the humies look pretty good, and their colours are arranged well, they don't seem like they fit in so well with your "Ancient Egyptian-esque" theme. They look like cossacks. Also they are a little soft. In multiplayer I'm sure that they would play their role as expendables well and that a player using this faction could safely rely on mechs for the important defensive points and the big assaults. Although this may be mostly due to the arms always die all the time problem (which I'm sure you're aware of) my guys always feel like they're being disarmed. Though it feels like a balanced faction, these two things maybe make it less fun than intended. A small quip, but the laser weapons need some tinkering. They are pretty weaksauce as is, though fun to look at and there are enough projectile guns to make the faction feel complete without them.

Edit: Wow my first wall of text. Dude that took forever- Miles, if you see this, I want to say that I don't know how you do it.

Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:38 am

Arms popping off.

Other than that I love this mod, because of its style.

Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:24 am

You should try to do some futuristic Egyptian desert eagle or magnum like the ones in Borderlands. One like this :
http://artbyjessemoody.com/borderlands/ ... at_hp2.jpg (I'm not putting in it an img cauz of the excessive resolution of the gun.)

This or a desert eagle, but it really needs a bigger sidearm imo.

Edit : Nvm the desert as the current sidearm still looks like it a little, but stills need a magnum with hueg recoil.

Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:41 pm

deathbringer wrote:
One like this :
http://Barquisimeto.com/borderlands/bor ... at_hp2.jpg (I'm not putting in it an img cauz of the excessive resolution of the gun.)

( +1 to desert-eagle machete)
I've sprited something like that but without machete for areku, and being sincere, it wouldn't be easy to beat...
[Remember link]

Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:20 pm

that gun is a bit enormous! but i like that idea. Even more about magnum, because I'm bored of Desert Eagles in every mod. We see it everywhere!

Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:40 pm

timagamer wrote:
that gun is a bit enormous! but i like that idea. Even more about magnum, because I'm bored of Desert Eagles in every mod. We see it everywhere!

Its not designed for classical size of astronauts XD technically it will destroy his hand...

[OnTopic] Classical deagles are classical because they do their job well done,
I'd like to see a dual desert eagle with Shamsy look ^^

Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:54 pm

This looks really, Really good. This is really original. I love the look of the actors.

Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:41 pm

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
Now that I saw that bayonet, I wanna see a lua activated spring-loaded bayonet on the assault rifle. Anyone for Darkstorm combat knife code ripping?

Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:36 am

Try lowering the JointStiffness on the weapon and arm to reduce arm popping.

Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next