View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 My Video Game Character Compilation Mods V1.0 (WIP)[OSP] 

My Video Game Character Compilation Mods V1.0 (WIP)[OSP]
Initial Release Date: 10/20/2012

Updated: 10/30/2012**

OPEN SOURCE PROJECT DISCLAIMER:

Okay I've decided to transmorgnify these projects into Open Source. Feel free to post your improvements to my mods and release your own separate updates.
I'm also releasing full permission to everyone to use my sprites in their projects provided that they release their projects as open source as well.

Hello and welcome to my first ever Cortex Command mod(s)!

These mods are currently in testing phase, and when finished will include many things! And many, many, many different mods!

First mod released is!

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver mod!
Once completed it will be pretty cool.
Including Kain himself! And the legendary soul reaver! In both forms! YEAH! Kick ass right?!

Alright!

And Until I learn more about Modding Cortex Command.. I will be delayed in my efforts. Not sure for how long, but delayed none the less! But fear not, for I am watchf- Sorry, wrong game.

Don't worry everyone I'll figure it all out eventually.

Screenshots:

Attachment:
File comment: Outlook not so good.
needsoulreaver.png
needsoulreaver.png [ 40.79 KiB | Viewed 21893 times ]

DOWNLOAD FOR TEST VERSION 1.1:

Attachment:
File comment: TEST VERSION 1.2!
Legacysr.rte_v1.2.rar [54.42 KiB]
Downloaded 616 times

Changelog:

V1.2_____________

*Added animation for head
*Added animation for "wings"

V1.1_____________

*Fixed hand and Wing sprites - No more white boxes! Yay! This change means I'm no longer limited in my spriting.

V1.0_____________

*Added Legacy of Kain Faction
*Added Raziel

Planned Features Include:

*Addition of more Actors
*Layered attachments for Raziel
*Addition of Soul Reaver (Animated)
*Gliding Script for Raziel (With Gliding Sounds)
*Soul Leech Script for Raziel

[DISCLAIMER]

All rights to any Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver belong to their respective owners Crystal Dynamics, and the credited original authors Silicon Knights.

Last edited by JayTasslehoff on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:40 am, edited 4 times in total.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:07 pm

MAX PAYNE LIIIIVES!!!!!!!!
IN MY RAAGE IT IS UNLEASHED!!

BEEEHHHOOOOOOOOOLD!!

MAX

Attachment:
File comment: The Arms of Justice.
armofjustice.png
armofjustice.png [ 26.15 KiB | Viewed 18976 times ]

:shock: PAAAAAYNE!

Download V1.3:

http://www.mediafire.com/?f40qy8isq8bb1qs

Changelog:

V1.3___________

*Changed Actor Name

V1.2___________

*Made Max Payne Mortal again (The Rules of gravity now apply.)
*Gave Max Payne brand new Detective Duds

V1.0___________

*Added Maxpayne
*Made him awesome
*Gravity Defying Skills Added

Planned Features:

*Cars
*Painkillers (ones you can pocket)
*More guns. (Including Off-hand .38 Special)

Last edited by JayTasslehoff on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:04 am

Post Re: Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver Mod v1.1 (WIP) [Test Release]**
You should change the thread name(edit first post and change subject) since you added a different mod for a thread intended for your LoK mod.

Edit: After testing, I've noticed that your actor has no cooldown per jump, you might want to fix that unless thats the 'bullet time' effect in which case you can ignore this comment.

Actually, if you want a more effective bullet time, then add a lua script that lowers the delta time when the jump key is pressed and (if you can) when the actor hits the ground then set the delta time back to normal. Just a suggestion.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:41 pm

Re: Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver Mod v1.1 (WIP) [Test Release]**
ShadowStorm wrote:
You should change the thread name(edit first post and change subject) since you added a different mod for a thread intended for your LoK mod.

Edit: After testing, I've noticed that your actor has no cooldown per jump, you might want to fix that unless thats the 'bullet time' effect in which case you can ignore this comment.

Actually, if you want a more effective bullet time, then add a lua script that lowers the delta time when the jump key is pressed and (if you can) when the actor hits the ground then set the delta time back to normal. Just a suggestion.

You're right I should call this thread "My Video Game Character Compilation Mods Thread"

"Actually, if you want a more effective bullet time, then add a lua script that lowers the delta time when the jump key is pressed and (if you can) when the actor hits the ground then set the delta time back to normal. Just a suggestion."

hmmmmm how can I do that because that'd be pretty cool.

next release he'll have dual pistols!!

and then!!!

NEO!!

Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:44 pm

JayTasslehoff wrote:
"Actually, if you want a more effective bullet time, then add a lua script that lowers the delta time when the jump key is pressed and (if you can) when the actor hits the ground then set the delta time back to normal. Just a suggestion."

hmmmmm how can I do that because that'd be pretty cool.

You can ask around the Lua Scripting subforum in Mod Making. You could also poke at an old mod here:

Just ask for permission to modify the script from the creator, as always.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:35 am

Post Re: My Video Game Character Compilation Mods V1.0 (WIP)[Testing]
I have updated my Legacysr mod. Raziel is now animated.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:55 am

Post Re: My Video Game Character Compilation Mods V1.0 (WIP)[OSP]
Okay I've decided to transmorgnify these projects into Open Source. Feel free to post your improvements to my mods and release your own separate updates.
I'm also releasing full permission to everyone to use my sprites in their projects provided that they release their projects as open source as well.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:38 am

ShadowStorm wrote:

how do I add a cool down to the jump anyway?

Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:54 am

Theres a JumpTime = ? line under your jetpack section, the number you set is in seconds so JumpTime = 5 will mean that you have to wait 5 seconds between each jump.

EDIT: Actually, no, I lied. Erm, lemme check what actually changes the cooldown.
EDIT2: Ok, in your Skills.ini you were missing a section that you need(use the code below), what you need to change is the burstspacing. I'm guessing that it's calculated in milliseconds but you'd have to ask others to confirm.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:41 am

ShadowStorm wrote:
Theres a JumpTime = ? line under your jetpack section, the number you set is in seconds so JumpTime = 5 will mean that you have to wait 5 seconds between each jump.

EDIT: Actually, no, I lied. Erm, lemme check what actually changes the cooldown.
EDIT2: Ok, in your Skills.ini you were missing a section that you need(use the code below), what you need to change is the burstspacing. I'm guessing that it's calculated in milliseconds but you'd have to ask others to confirm.

Ahh ok, cuz I tried messing with jumptime from looking at another example and it didnt do anything either.

Thanks!

hey... I'm trying to figure out a way to simulate a vehicle, that has a unit inside of it, is there some way I can like, create a drop ship, that moves like either ACrab or a AHuman with some form of gun or something, and somehow add a custom menu option that will eject prefab cargo (which in this case is another human?) I'm trying to make like a car, that when it blows up you can eject someone or right before it blows up you can eject an actor.

but im not sure how I would do any of this or if it is possible. Could I simply just make a custom dropship, then attach a lua script that loads it with default cargo to begin with? or could I simply make an actor with dropship capability (the unloading cargo part)?

Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:23 am

For anyone who has been following! I've updated My Max Payne mod!

Check the changelog for the new update!

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:37 am

Hmm, I've heard ground vehicles are a pain to do, but I haven't tried it myself.

There are a few mods that I could suggest, because I don't think someone has made something that you described...

Firstly, if you want a eject function, AAL has it, but I haven't tried it yet.
viewtopic.php?f=83&t=10661&p=195886&hilit=Eject#p195886

Secondly , if you're hoping to do wheels, well, here's one of the very few mods that did do them.
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=16545&hilit=Dummy+vehicle

Thirdly, there was a mod with a piloted suit that I suppose you could turn into a dropship... But the last time I used it was in build 23..ish.
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=19665&hilit=Nasa.

Last edited by ShadowStorm on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:46 am

ShadowStorm wrote:
Hmm, I've heard ground vehicles are a pain to do, but I haven't tried it myself.

There are a few mods that I could suggest, because I don't think someone has made something that you described...

Firstly, if you want a eject function, AAL has it, but I haven't tried it yet. viewtopic.php?f=83&t=10661&p=195886&hilit=Eject#p195886

Secondly , if you're hoping to do wheels, well, here's one of the very few mods that did do them viewtopic.php?f=61&t=16545&hilit=Dummy+vehicle

Thirdly, there was a mod with a piloted suit that I suppose you could use.. But the last time I used it was in build 23..ish
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=19665&hilit=Nasa.

hmmmmm, ok ill give it a go! thanks again for the jump script!

hmm i guess ill allow you to use my sprites in your own mods without needing them to be open source since youve provided me with help. so feel free.
now I need to figure out how to add inventory painkillers that heal only when equipped but can be kept in the inventory.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:50 am

I liked Armored Max Payne but the cigarettes offsets were bothering me so I fixed it, here is the revised version. I also fixed one of the shades as I liked them.

If I were you I'd make it so that Max Payne with armor always has the cig. Not sure but I think all you need to do is delete the lua associated with it and it'll always spawn.

DOWNLOAD HERE:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ygqdmvgjna2j0ni

Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]