View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 22  Next
 [B33] MaximDude Corp. (10 Year Anniversary Update) 

Post Re: MaximDude Corp. (Updated 16/01/10, new content)
Rynver wrote:
I like the missle silo's as well, however there is a flaw with them.
I noticed when playing multiplayer or even single player that you can only have one silo of each type at one time that works. If you fire all missles they will not respawn all of them, but mearly one will respawn in one silo and the others will remain empty and never refill till that one is fired and even then only One other will be refilled and the rest remain empty . Even it being used in diffrent teams makes no difference it's only one at one time. Though I do like using these as a form of a interuptable economy, fire'ing them into space gives you money :grin: .

Thanks for the info, i'll try to get that fixed (Probably gonna need to use that list crap thing like the teleporters use, I dunno). And i'll make the missiles spawned in the silos free so you won't keep cheating. :P

Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:33 am

Cheating? My good sir Maximum dude, How is it cheating when it is a new concept of economy! Do you understand what you have done with the silo's? you can infact with using them act like a manufacturing economy. The missles Don't give you a ton of money, and it takes time for them to spawn as well as being a interuptable economy route for the enemy can infact intercept your missles with anti air emplacements. If you are going to make the missles cost nothing when returned, that would ruin a good system. So if you do that, then I suggest you make somthing that auto creates gold using this new concept "maybe a space elavtor which could just be a slow moving rocket leaving from a base into space that is worth a curtain amount of gold spawning at regular intervols". Otherwise leave it for my freinds and me enjoy playing with that kind of scenario in place, and of course you would also be ruin'ing the purpose of the silo by making them cost a curtain amount considering you can buy them for a "craft" and have them dropped on your enemies heads anyways. Though It would be a good idea to create a table system within the spawn code so that when you create silos it assighns them to a diffrent "name" in a table so that they in the spawn code remain seperate in some way. I don't know code'ing but I am currently trying to understand C++ so if I don't make any sense just disregaurd my suggestion.

Last edited by Rynver on Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:47 pm

I'm not going to make the missiles cost gold at spawn, but rather remove any gold value when returning the missiles.

The silos cost that much not because you use them to make money, but to generate missiles with a one time payment rather than spending 150oz for each missile.

So i'm gonna address this issue in the next update.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:06 pm

Didn't you get what he said? It's like a factory, it makes things that he could use or sell.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:10 pm

Benpasko wrote:
Didn't you get what he said? It's like a factory, it makes things that he could use or sell.

Didn't you get what I said? It's not meant to work like that.
If you want a gold-generator that runs on junk or something, i'll make it.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:19 pm

If the Rockets fly like those transport Rockets Im Glad :D

But looks like some bad-ass weaponry :D

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:09 pm

Very well, But make it a rocket Based economic machine. Straight Gold generators are a stupid idea since they must be directly destroyed and cannot possably provide a secondary objective of "disable'ing" , unlike the rocket silo's which can either be destroyed or constantly have their rockets intercepted during a millitary operation by the enemy. Edit: I do not like the idea of a junk gold generator btw, it takes to much time during the fast pace action to get people to pick up guns and other things off of the battlefield.

Edit: even better yet, now that I have thought this through. You could make a the missles, or even a speacal economic missle silo "where the missles cost a small amount of money on spawn, and when they return give a bit more then the amount costed for the spawn", makeing a system where everytime the enemy destroys a rocket it would of course be a economical loss. However, please Maximum dude quite veiwing as if this is a cheat , This is a Concept of economy you, You could Create.

Last edited by Rynver on Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:11 pm

Rynver wrote:
Very well, But make it a rocket Based economic machine. Straight Gold generators are a stupid idea since they must be directly destroyed and cannot possably provide a secondary objective of "disable'ing" , unlike the rocket silo's which can either be destroyed or constantly have their rockets intercepted during a millitary operation by the enemy. Edit: I do not like the idea of a junk gold generator btw, it takes to much time during the fast pace action to get people to pick up guns and other things off of the battlefield.

Very well.

And who said you need to go pick up junk on the battlefield? You just buy a guy full of junk and drop him into the machine.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:20 pm

The system of dropping a dude full of junk into a meat grinder or what have you is a bit funny, but easly exploitable using a drop ship and a steady hand im sure, and takes ones "eye" off of the battlefield. With the ecnomic rocket system you could set the speacal Economy rocket to a auto return mode using the AI, and thusly it would be a system that would maintain its self "safe for defending its self of course" which then creates a objective for not only the enemy, but the one whome owns the rocket silos.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:24 pm

I could make something extremely complex, like a bigass rocket that is connected to a device that teleports all junk from the scene into the rocket, slowly filling it (The filling will be visible), and once filled, the rocket could be sent into space for money (Obviously more than you actually collected), and then come down into the same spot (Unless destroyed or something).

I have it all figured out in my head, but i'm not really sure if I can make it work properly in CC. >______>'

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:38 pm

Somtimes, things just need to be kept simple... For obvious reasons of lag in game and time management in the creation of the system.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:41 pm

Actually I guess its offtopic, but the Weapons could be stronger. I mean, when I think of the biggest Revolver in the World, I have a picture with likely exploding heads xD

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:45 pm

what do I call the folder for this to work?

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:45 pm

This is my first post so go easy on me, but anyways...

This mod is very good, the gunship is very useful for killing some
soldiers tryng to destroy your brain, but you have to get in the front of the soldier to eliminate him, but otherwise it is very good.

Sorry if my english is very bad.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:26 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

It isn't.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 22  Next