View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 22  Next
 [B33] MaximDude Corp. (10 Year Anniversary Update) 

Post Re: MaximDude Corp. (Updated 08/01/11)
I wouldn't mind a few additions, but I can certainly survive with this! I love this mod so much.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:26 pm
Profile WWW

Is the downoaded supposed to look like that once downloaded? (Top one)
Some don't work for some reason. :oops:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:12 pm

Oh my god, amazing job.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:06 pm

Ohai guise, finally updated the OP.
No progress on modding though.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:10 pm

Spider101 wrote:
Is the downoaded supposed to look like that once downloaded? (Top one)
Some don't work for some reason. :oops:

Yeah, then you have to unrar them, with winrar or similar, then you end up with the .rte folder.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:15 am

Really awesome mod there,!
This one will be forever in my mod folder.
One strange thing though, when I order a MKII Gunship, the gunship comes down fine, starts blasting enemies 'n' such, but when I select either part, the gun freezes in its position and I can't select the gun at all. Even if I selected the gun first, it deselects and shunts me over to the ship part. :???:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:33 am

I can't seem to get the MKII to fire at all.

Anyway, this will stay in my mod folder forever also. This mod beat out Darklone in my opinion.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:20 am

Major wrote:
Really awesome mod there,!
This one will be forever in my mod folder.
One strange thing though, when I order a MKII Gunship, the gunship comes down fine, starts blasting enemies 'n' such, but when I select either part, the gun freezes in its position and I can't select the gun at all. Even if I selected the gun first, it deselects and shunts me over to the ship part. :???:

That's all right.
You can't select the turret like in MKI, instead, you use 'Z' and 'C' to rotate and 'X' to shoot it while you are in control of the ship itself.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:36 am

must say, this is pretty cool. I like the acid weapons, but, then again, I always like acid weapons... ah, how I love thy uses, Acid... Generally the same with flamethrowers as well. anyways, on to actually talk about how I feel about the mod. The Ion cannons would be a tad overpowered, if it weren't for the fact that they don't do what the Coalition Punisher's Justica does and just tear through your opponent's base, so that balances it, if you ask me. I do find the plasma cannon very useful for my 'Stealth Ops' Missions (Or as I sometimes call them, 'Solid Snake Missions' or 'Ghost Ops'). but, yeah, those may be some of my favorite weapons, but there's a good amount of stuff in this, so I say... Good job! Sprites are pretty awesome too. in fact, I think pretty much everything's all-around great... This might become one of my more frequently used mods in-game...

Thu May 19, 2011 1:46 am

Aye, I agree with you on all of it. The sprites are the closest I've seen to vanilla ones in any mod, and everything is well-balanced. Overall it's a useful, well-developed, aesthetically-pleasing faction with everything under the sun (crafts, actors, tools, weapons and bunker modules). It's also the longest-lasting mod in my mods folder, and for that I give you kudoz, MaximDude.

Thu May 19, 2011 9:23 pm
Profile WWW

Hi, I'd like to apply for MDCs chief marketing position! Here's a brief overture of my abilities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1qetZoqeeU

Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:59 am

Yeah you keep that up.

By the way i'm still alive and everything and I might actually get an update up in less that two and a half years that I have left to serve due to me recently acquiring a laptop.
Hooray technology for not-for-gaming laptops that can run CC on 30 FPS and with little lag.

Suggestions, stupid ideas and criticism highly welcome.

ps. forgot to mention that I forgot how to mod again... Especially lua.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:30 pm

I'm sure there are enough Lua scripters around to help.
Including myself.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:34 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Oh yea, I'm sure you could get somebody on it quite easily.
Me too.

I think this mod needs some vehicles, or at least big actors. Not a great thing to jump into when you're trying to remember how to mod, but it's something I always thought this needed.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:27 pm

MaximDude wrote:
Suggestions, stupid ideas and criticism highly welcome.

oh ive a few ideas...how about:
>small bunkers that are on the craft menu, that you order, they drop down and then turn into scenery after they have stopped moving. theyd have to be pretty expensive though...
>pre-equiped actors in the same vein as the mdc miner...i like that guy...
> machinegun turret, which you need an actor to control it with? IE go up to it and press right thing to use it..
>bunker modules.(i mean the corridors etc).
>a trench making grenade...you put it on ground...it creates a (reinforced)trench... perhaps only usable on dirt
>a tank...but needs to be balanced...i havent seen a good tank yet in any mod...they are either dodgy to control,overpowered.,underpowered ,are too terrain destroying..can fly ...or are too fast.
a good tank is slow, steady but not too overpowered.. perhaps work out how to do treads properly?
>how about a money generator that needs to be close to your brain to work...the further away the less it makes , the closer it is the more it makes...only thing is its realllyy explosive , so theres a risk/reward thing if you put it near your brain.....
>mdc robot actors......with a factory to make them with?
factory requires scrap metal from scrap metal maker
scrap metal maker needs guns/robots to make scrap metal..put them in, scrap metal comes out..
all of these factories need animations....like the dummy factory...you've seen that right?
>mdc heavy lifter thing....like a hoverplatform which you can put actors on top of and move it around...if it could work itd be good.
anyway I really like your mod...my favourite one in fact :) perhaps not the prices, but it all seems quite balanced, and satisfying. i really like the sprites too. :)

Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 22  Next