View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Altus Robotics - Reboot (2018-02-21) 

Altus Robotics - Reboot (2018-02-21)
So when I was sleep deprived I thought to myself "I want to make a faction (that isn't vanilla)" so I did that. This is a WIP.

"Originally a robotics company, Altus expanded into a military corporation to provide mechanized soldiers to anyone with enough money."

A bunch of weapons, many of them scripted. Combat robots (the white armored ones) have multiple armor sections, and both robots change the color of their eye according to team. Still WIP, but all the current items are more or less complete.

Download

Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:27 am, edited 6 times in total.

Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:32 am

Post Re: Altus Robotics (Very WIP, only guns)
Looking good so far. As far as actors go, might I suggest making a cyborg actor? Relatively weak flesh head/torso with "robotic" casing (Attachables) and mechanical limbs

Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:13 pm

Great looking mod already, i'll be downloading it :) :machine: :lol:

Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:56 pm

Coming soon: Actual robots!

Morbo!!! wrote:
Looking good so far. As far as actors go, might I suggest making a cyborg actor? Relatively weak flesh head/torso with "robotic" casing (Attachables) and mechanical limbs

I'm not sure how cyborgs would fit, I plan on the faction being fairly non-organic.

Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:01 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I liked this a lot. It's also funny because it fits rather well in the regular vanilla content too.

Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:20 am

CaveCricket48 wrote:
Coming soon: Actual robots!

Morbo!!! wrote:

I'm not sure how cyborgs would fit, I plan on the faction being fairly non-organic.

Wow... thats quite some sprites you've done there! I like them a lot. I'd like to see what more machinations you will come up with.

Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:19 am

It'd be cool if all of the robots had their eyes be different colors. Randomized eye colors would be neat, and when they die the eyes would of course go stark black. I know how a color scheme for everything else is strict for the faction to follow the vanilla route, so eye color changing would be similiar to the Ronin's switching up their looks and armor.

Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:31 am

Sprite tweaks. These'll most likely be the ones being implemented in the next couple of days.

DAME777 wrote:
It'd be cool if all of the robots had their eyes be different colors. Randomized eye colors would be neat, and when they die the eyes would of course go stark black. I know how a color scheme for everything else is strict for the faction to follow the vanilla route, so eye color changing would be similiar to the Ronin's switching up their looks and armor.

I thought about changing the eye color too, maybe it'll change to match the team color? Would seem a bit strange if every robot just had a random eye color I think.

Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:48 pm

Having them change with the team sounds good, or you could just have it as a representation of role (light, medium, etc.).

Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:01 am

Post Re: Altus Robotics - Now with Robots!
Update: Now with robots!

To do:
-Make robot eye color change with team
-Explosive weapons

Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:37 pm

Post Re: Altus Robotics - Now with Robots!
Yes! The wait was SOOOO worth it! :D :grin:

Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:53 pm

Post Re: Altus Robotics - Explosions!
Update:
Auto Shotgun - can fire buckshot rounds and incendiary rounds
Grenade Launcher - can fire both frag grenades and incendiary grenades

Feet of the robots have been fixed for being a bit too high up the leg.

Robot eye colors now match their team color.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:04 am

I just realized how those robots give me a Combine (Half-life 2 and all of its episodes) vibe. If I think of any cool ideas that would suite the faction well I'll leave them here. Right now I'm thinking it'd be cool if they had a sprayer of sorts. Maybe they should have two; one a sprayer that sprays cheap light gray sticky plastic and another a sprayer that sprays strong white metal. These sprayers would serve a purpose of making hasty defenses and buildings. The digger would be cool if instead it was a modern but enhanced plasma torch that had two modes. The main mode would be a powerful cutting flame that digs through anything but with a small blue jet of flame (small digging cone), and an alternate mode where the jet turns orange and has a wider and slightly longer flame (wide-medium digging cone). The alternate mode would dig slower on concrete, rock, and metal, so the main mode would be used to cut through bunkers and rocks. I hope you like my ideas and use them however you want.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:45 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

What could be nice is some miner robot which spawns a couple of small drones which dig gold. Something similar to Yuri's harvester in Red Alert 2, where harvester itself don't mine anything. Of one of the drones is dead it spawns another one after some lengthy cooldown. It may look like Dreadnought without any guns, and eject new drones from the top.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:29 am

Post Re: Altus Robotics - Tweaks
Update

Some balancing tweaks, as well as some minor mechanics to weapons changes.

Grenade Launcher's Incendiary rounds have had the explosion spread greatly reduced and directed towards the impact target, reliably covering targets with sticky burny napalm. The frag mode now will air-burst when near enemies so it has better area coverage.

Auto Shotgun now uses "Flechette rounds," which just means that they're a bit more visible (black lines instead of grey dots) and a lot sharper (they actually damage doors now). Alt fire mechanics have been changed to standard mode being low-spread flechettes and alt mod being high-spread flechettes.

Idea for the digger that I think I'll use in the future is a sort of laser that uses a revolver cannon method of operation. Instead of ammunition cartridges, they're batteries, and the main "barrel" of the digger would be the laser-y part. Can change to low focus (high spread) for general digging, and high focus (low spread) for a thinner, stronger beam for cutting through tougher terrain or beaming enemies.

weegee wrote:
What could be nice is some miner robot which spawns a couple of small drones which dig gold. Something similar to Yuri's harvester in Red Alert 2, where harvester itself don't mine anything. Of one of the drones is dead it spawns another one after some lengthy cooldown. It may look like Dreadnought without any guns, and eject new drones from the top.

I had considered some sort of floating drone as a mining robot as a single one and not like a hive-type thing, but a swarm mining drone does sound really cool. Maybe I'll go for it.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next