View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Systemworks Technologies v1.6 

Systemworks Technologies v1.6
Systemworks Technologies

This mod adds a non-faction tech that offers equipment for defensive and offensive purposes. It only has a few items so far but I will be adding more eventually.

Orbital Drop
This delivery option just sends the goods on their own, free of charge. Might cause damage or death to items and characters.

Breach Crate
Breach Crates are similar to Drop Crates but they are designed to tear though bunker modules to deliver its cargo, be it troops, bombs or other harmful devices right into the enemy's base. You can also open it at will by selecting it and hitting the left click.

Decay Field Crate
A small Crate that contains a specific military hardware named Decay Field Generator. When it deploys, it slowly damages actors in range, including doors. Works perfectly well with Breach Crates but other delivery methods are also safe to use if delivered from a distance to avoid damage.

Tractor Field Crate
A small Crate that contains a specific military hardware, in this case a Tractor Field Generator. When it deploys, it pulls dropships, rockets and crates in range towards the ground. It can effectively cripple landing zones if more than one is deployed. It can also affect your own operations.

Emergency Supplies
This is a Module-like item only accessed when building your Base. Its only purpose is to show off your gold supplies. They can be activated to release gold bars, which can be harvested with any digger. Might be useful in those cases you get attacked and forgot to save money for defense. It's currently unknown if they can be used to lure enemy diggers. It is possible, though.

Weapons
Systemworks weapons include 3 guns, a handgun, a submachine gun and a sniper rife. They fire rounds filled with a custom incendiary called Whiteflare, which burns characters and objects. The weapons also feature an identification system with their trigger mechanisms that would detonate the gun if used by an unauthorised user.

Whiteflare Grenades
This is a basic anti-personnel grenade that releases Whiteflare upon detonation. Quite effective in small rooms.

Cleaner
The Cleaner is a tool players can use to clear their bases from rubble, corpses, scrap metal or other waste materials. SW crates and units are made of Plasteel, a very durable material this tool can harvest for money.

Units
There are 4 different units offered at reasonable prices. All of them equipped with Jetpacks and resistance to the Decay Field effect.
-A Brain Drone, which is just a Brain Case attached to robotic crab legs. Something in between the vanilla brain choices.
-A Turret Drone, which is an armored weapon platform armed with a Whiteflare machine gun.
-A Medic Drone, which is just like the vanilla one but it can fly and the shell is a separated armor layer.
-And a Soldier Drone, which is a bipedal unit with arms. Naturally, it's more versatile than crab class drones.

Pictures:

All units but the Brain Drone.

What happens after multiple Decay Field Generators have been deployed.

DOWNLOAD LINK:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4wmdfoltulp9 ... 6.rar?dl=0

Support me on:

Last edited by Chiko on Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:43 am, edited 19 times in total.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:10 am

Post Re: Systemworks Technologies
The breach crate is way too breach-y. It punches through entire bunkers and I have no control over where to stop it. I think you should tone it down a little bit.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:24 am

bananapuddin wrote:
The breach crate is way too breach-y. It punches through entire bunkers and I have no control over where to stop it. I think you should tone it down a little bit.

Hmm... I could also add the option to open the crate with a button. When the Crate opens it stops breaching so that might help a bit.

I tried like making it stop breaching once it reaches open space again but I couldn't managed to make that work.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:21 am

Just a thought, but you might be able to adjust the length of breach by allowing us to buy weights to put in the crate. If you have used the darkstorm raijin drop pod(probably spelled that wrong), it will punch through anything but doesn't have the weight to actually do so. The more stuff in the pod, the further into bunkers and the ground it will go. If you put general industries fuel air bombs in it(which are massively heavy) then it will plow through huge amounts of land. 5 fuel air bombs in a raijin pod are enough to dig half a screen through concrete and metal.

Not sure how useful that is, but it would allow us to in game control how deep the pod digs through the buying menu.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:06 pm

Cerevox wrote:
Just a thought, but you might be able to adjust the length of breach by allowing us to buy weights to put in the crate. If you have used the darkstorm raijin drop pod(probably spelled that wrong), it will punch through anything but doesn't have the weight to actually do so. The more stuff in the pod, the further into bunkers and the ground it will go. If you put general industries fuel air bombs in it(which are massively heavy) then it will plow through huge amounts of land. 5 fuel air bombs in a raijin pod are enough to dig half a screen through concrete and metal.

Not sure how useful that is, but it would allow us to in game control how deep the pod digs through the buying menu.

I had no idea the amount of stuff could affect that. I remember having a dropship just crashing into the ground but now I know why.

Weights for the crate to go deeper is a good idea. I could decrease most of the Breach Crate current mass, add buyable weights to control breaching and also allow the crate to open when pressing a button... either clicking the left button of the mouse or by pressing a keyboard button.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:03 pm

Mkay, I updated the Breach Crates so they can be opened by clicking the left button of the mouse like you do with dropships.

The weights actually work but they also work with Drop Crates, rendering Breach Crates kinda redundant.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:17 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

The breach crates could have higher impulse damage threshold, so they take less damage running through the floor.

I wonder if you can change the global acceleration scalar with lua.
It would help with the drop crate slowing down when opened.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:36 pm
Forum Moderator

You could always just add a upwards force to them.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:18 pm

I have ready two drones for the next update. A Medic Drone with a jetpack, with slightly different sprites than the original one and an Attack Drone, which is also equipped with a jetpack and a weaker and smaller version of the Dummy Dreadnought, the sprites are more similar to the Medic Drone ones, though. Both of them and maybe all next actors, are going to be resistant to the Decay Field Crate. I kinda want all this tech to have like their own distinctive look, here:

Foa wrote:
The breach crates could have higher impulse damage threshold, so they take less damage running through the floor.

I wonder if you can change the global acceleration scalar with lua.
It would help with the drop crate slowing down when opened.

Hmm... Imma try increasing the damage threshold then. I don't really like the crate having 1k health points. That was like the only way I knew to prevent its HP to go negative = not being able to open the crate at will.

Also, gobal acceleration?

p3lb0x wrote:
You could always just add a upwards force to them.

I... don't quite understand this either. :-(

Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:10 pm

Global Acceleration... I think that would be the way gravity is simulated.

As for upward force, essentially braking of some kind I guess? :???:

I think the weights option is probably the best way without involving scripting. I'd make all the weights free and use a null sprite for the objects so it won't spit the weights out and they won't collide with/crush the other cargo on deployment.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:30 pm
Profile YIM

Yeah... I'm starting to think weights are going to need to be included.

The way they work right now is they add 1000 mass each.

They are actors instead of a device because the Ahumans in the crate would auto-equip them and be crushed to death. I tried making them "Tools" and then be turned into MOSRotatings as soon as they are released by lua script but it doesn't happen fast enough and they would still crush the Ahumans just before they manage to unequip all of them.

They do have sprites, one used as an Icon for the buying Menu and the other one is the actual weight which is just a grey brick. Their HitsMOs and GetsHitByMOs is 0 so they cannot be interacted with once released.

I wanted them to be in Tools instead of Bodies in the Buying Menu, though. :(

EDIT: I forgot to mention something, increasing the ImpulseDamageThreshold affects breaching and the survival of the contents for some reason...

EDIT2: New update, I added 3 drones but I haven't added the weights just yet.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:51 pm

So now I have free time and I'd like to add new units to this tech.

I've been thinking about adding AHuman type of units but I don't kinda want to accidentally make a whole faction. I'll give it a try anyways. I think I'll just use the Dummy soldiers and make some edits... I've never been able to create stuff from scrap.

EDIT: So, only the legs and head are different right now. I'll do the color change when the rest of the details are done:
Image Image Image

Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:09 am

Update 1.3 is now up. In addition to the new Soldier Drone, I also removed some redundant files and code lines and changed some directories so you might want to delete the older versions of this mod and then paste this one.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:56 am

Chiko wrote:
bananapuddin wrote:

Hmm... I could also add the option to open the crate with a button. When the Crate opens it stops breaching so that might help a bit.

I tried like making it stop breaching once it reaches open space again but I couldn't managed to make that work.

I dunno if this has been resolved but give it a lifetime.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:21 pm

Chiko wrote:
I've never been able to create stuff from scrap.

Double Post!
BUT IT'S RELATED.

To start, take parts of the dummy and fill it all in one color so you get a silhouette.
Then add on colors where you see fit and it should help as time goes on.
There's a whole guide to this but I don't know where it's at.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next